All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:11 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

Maybe this isn't the best thread title. Here's what I'm saying; I really want McDaniel to be a success as the head coach of the Dolphins not just b/c it's my team, but b/c he's so refreshing in his approach and demeanor. He's so candid and honest. He's got that interesting blend of humility and cockiness that sets him apart.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:17 pm 

I hope so K-dash. I am ready to be excited about football again. Even last year, we had that feeling about the Titans game and the Bills.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I like him and hope he succeeds. As long as he can motivate the players to each give 100%, he will last longer than our last several head coaches. I think this is the most talent we have had on this team in a very long time.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Dolphins players have consistently raved about Mike McDaniel and how approachable and smart he is.

One of his former and current players was asked this week how McDaniel handles it when a player makes a mistake. Find more sports news, plus coverage from Sports Illustrated. “He tells you what it is,” said new Dolphins receiver Mohamad Sanu, who spent two years with McDaniel in San Francisco. “He’s very truthful. He’s an honest guy.

“He has different ways of doing it. That’s what I love about him. He can be a stern guy. He can be a funny guy. He can be a sarcastic guy. He is going to let you know how he feels and gets his point across.” His approach is different from the stereotypical coach who rants and raves. “Every individual has their own way to connect with people,” Sanu said. “Not everybody has to be a rah-rah or whatever type of guy they think he’s not. Mike is who he is. He’s going to make sure he has his players prepared to play to a high level, play fast with tempo and execute. And that’s what you need as a coach.”

What stands out about McDaniel, according to Sanu, is “you know that you’re going to get the best out of him at all times. He’s going to put you in the best position to win. He makes sure all his players are informed at the highest level.”

Xavien Howard said what distinguishes McDaniel — in terms of demeanor — is “he’s always been positive and bringing that energy. When you see it from a head coach, it trickles down.”

Players have embraced McDaniel’s practice philosophy, with sessions that are shorter — but at a faster pace — than what they are accustomed. “We’re moving; we’re constantly working,” defensive lineman Christian Wilkins said. “So that’s different and it’s a lot of fun and it gets us in good shape in this Miami heat. “Your mind-set is just different. You’re not just doing busy work or standing around or looking for things to do. It’s like every minute of practice... has a purpose.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]