All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:04 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I loved hating the Bills as it made it a fun rivalry. I'm glad the rivalry is back.

Alain Poupart (SI) wrote:
The player who I didn’t think would amount to much and surprised me would be Bryan Cox after he arrived as a fifth-round pick out of Western Illinois in 1991. There was nothing that really stood out about him early, but it wasn’t long before everybody could see just how intense and tough he was. By the time he left Miami, he had become one of my favorite Dolphins players of all time.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

All those great ex-Eagles on that team….and Fryar….so good. But it was that next 1994 season where they came into their own. Dan should have gone to the Super Bowl that year, but the defense just could not stop Natrone Means…another crap footnote in NFL history. I still wonder where that 1994 team might have ended up had not Terry Kirby been injured after 4 games…he was looking like the missing piece of the puzzle. Oh well…would they have won that Super Bowl against the 49ers anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like these old stories. I grew up with Fiedler & Beck…gross.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:42 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The funny thing is Bryan Cox Jr. briefly played for the Bills!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:09 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Phinished wrote:
All those great ex-Eagles on that team….and Fryar….so good. But it was that next 1994 season where they came into their own. Dan should have gone to the Super Bowl that year, but the defense just could not stop Natrone Means…another crap footnote in NFL history. I still wonder where that 1994 team might have ended up had not Terry Kirby been injured after 4 games…he was looking like the missing piece of the puzzle. Oh well…would they have won that Super Bowl against the 49ers anyway?

And don't get me started about 1995. They went out and broke the bank and ended up with a worse record.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:24 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Phinished wrote:

And don't get me started about 1995. They went out and broke the bank and ended up with a worse record.

Yep. They went out and signed a lot of ex-first round duds and couldn't find the chemistry. Everyone expected them to go to the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:16 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Big Dave wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Yep. They went out and signed a lot of ex-first round duds and couldn't find the chemistry. Everyone expected them to go to the Super Bowl.

Yep, and they looked that way for the first three games.... then they fell apart.

A season in which Dan and Don were supposed to be getting Super Bowl rings ended with Don getting a pink slip.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]