Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2022 Phins record?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:34 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Seems like disappointment is coming again in 2022. Vegas odds have the team favored to have under 9 wins. The schedule is brutal. The real question we need answered will be whether or not Tua is the man, or 2023 sees the Phins moving on up the draft order to try, try again. This article has some sobering stats on Tua, but it does ignore his craptacular offensive line. Perhaps if Armstead can stay healthy and the new coach can actually find some talent that was missing in the O line veterans he now has to roll with, then maybe there is hope? Maybe other teams will have more injuries?

https://www.pff.com/news/bet-2022-nfl-b ... i-dolphins

Post subject: Re: 2022 Phins record?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I honestly don't know what our record will be as we have a new head coach, but not enough pieces on the OL to be confident. Also, we have a new head coach. We should have more offense which means a defense that isn't worn out. I am going to be positive and say 10-7 this year, but there is potential in either direction.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:10 am 

I am going to wait until after the games are played to be happy or disappointed by the outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:55 am 

That is a sobering article indeed. Unless there is a significant injury, I expect our defense will be better, simply based on individual improvement of young players like Phillips, Wilkins, Davis, and Holland.

On offense, of course it depends mostly on Tua, unless the OL is magically transformed and we become a rushing juggernaut. That seems unlikely and also seems to be a waste of our most talented offensive players (Waddle, Hill, Gesicki). I think Tua is going to make big strides and that 10-7 is realistic. But, as Dave says, it could easily go a couple games in either direction. I look forward to training camp and reserve the right to update the prediction!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:01 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

So ESPN has Miami with a top 10 roster but Vegas has them finishing with less than 9 wins. Hmm. Somebody's wrong. We are improved in every part of the offense (except TE where there was no change) and should reasonably expect the defense to show progress with individual players, yet we're going to regress with our record? The schedule has some tough spots but so does every other team in the AFCEast. I'm going to try to remain optimistic until given reason to do otherwise.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]