All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:32 pm 

The Palm Beach Post has been doing a countdown from #25 to #1 on the Dolphins top players. Today they listed Connor Williams at #17. For fun, I started my own list from #1 to #16, to compare later with the players as they are revealed. However, I got stuck at #13, and couldn't find three more players who I would put there who are better than the guys they have listed. Who would they be? E.Roberts? S.Michel? our punter? Certainly not A.Jackson or L.Eichenberg, who haven't proven anything yet. Eguavoen? Rowe? If I must make a prediction, I guess I'll go with Roberts, Morstead, and Rowe, in that order, but I'm not confident about them, especially Rowe. What do you think?

1 Hill
2 Howard
3 Waddle
4 Holland
5 Tua
6 Phillips
7 Ogbah
8 Armstead
9 Wilkins
10 Davis
11 Baker
12 Byr.Jones
13 Hunt
17 C. Williams
18 C. Edmunds
19 Van Ginkel
20 Bridgewater
21 Bra.Jones
22 Mostert
23 C.Wilson
24 Needham
25 Sanders

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:23 pm 

Okay, well Raekwon Davis just came in today at #16, so I had him rated too high. There are still three blanks to fill. Who should be there?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:20 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Come on now…clearly Gesicki is in the top 10. Sieler probably in the top 15. Let’s face it….top 10 on a 53 man roster is not all that great anyway. Sad that about 3 of the top 10 or more have not played a snap for the team yet. Also, Wilkins has to be higher on the list than 10. We are talking top 10 on a team mostly bereft of pro bowlers till the new contracts got signed in free agency. Howard was the only Dolphin who got on the original pro bowl roster last year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:41 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

prof123 wrote:
Okay, well Raekwon Davis just came in today at #16, so I had him rated too high. There are still three blanks to fill. Who should be there?

He really didn't have a great year last year and played better as a rookie. I think the injury slowed him down. I look for him to rebound this year. He is a remarkable athlete.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:35 am 

Phinished wrote:
Come on now…clearly Gesicki is in the top 10. Sieler probably in the top 15. Let’s face it….top 10 on a 53 man roster is not all that great anyway. Sad that about 3 of the top 10 or more have not played a snap for the team yet. Also, Wilkins has to be higher on the list than 10. We are talking top 10 on a team mostly bereft of pro bowlers till the new contracts got signed in free agency. Howard was the only Dolphin who got on the original pro bowl roster last year.

I'm not as high on Gesicki as most people, but I thought I had him in the list around 12 -- so he was one of the two missing names. Good call on Sieler -- I mistakenly thought he had already been listed. He actually came in at 16. Here is the updated list, after Hunt just came in at 14. One name is still missing.

1 Hill
2 Howard
3 Waddle
4 Holland
5 Tua
6 Phillips
7 Ogbah
8 Armstead
9 Wilkins
10 Gesicki
11 Baker
12 Byr.Jones