Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cam Cameron
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Worst coach in Miami Dolphins history. Don't blame this one on Ross ... it was Huizenga.

Post subject: Re: Cam Cameron
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:20 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

The crazy thing is, his performance as OC in San Diego made him look like an offensive genius. But I could tell something was amok on draft day when he touted Ted Ginn's family as the reason for drafting him.

The fact that he risked injury to Ronnie Brown by having him return punts in one preseason game, then took a night off of coaching in another further increased my suspicions that this guy was gonna be a disaster.

What sealed my opinion of him was the way he mismanaged the end of the Texans game.... a game that could've and should've easily been won with good clock management.

What I kept saying was going to happen happened. Cam took a sub .500 team and turned it into the laughingstock of the league. This guy was a bad talent evaluator, a bad game day strategist, and a bad leader of men. A perfect storm of ineptness.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:11 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Didn't he say "failing forward"? The Don hated to lose even preseason games.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tomlin is the most overrated coach of the last decade. He lost an AFC championship game at home to Blake Bortles & the Jags. He walked into an organization with possibly 4 HoF players on both sides of the ball in their primes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:57 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Tomlin is the most overrated coach of the last decade. He lost an AFC championship game at home to Blake Bortles & the Jags. He walked into an organization with possibly 4 HoF players on both sides of the ball in their primes.

Please help. Who were the four?

Looking at their roster I see this. Who am I missing?

Ben is one. Arguably Hines Ward. Who are the other two?

On D.

You have Polamalu and Harrison. Who are the other two?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:43 pm 

Big Dave wrote:
Didn't he say "failing forward"? The Don hated to lose even preseason games.

Fail forward fast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

On D.

You answered your own question. Those 4 and an entire DL of pro bowlers, Santonio Holmes was a marquee receiver back then as well.

Tomlin is not nearly as popular with Steelers fans as most may think. Half my family are from old coal mining towns in western PA. That team is a religion in that region…they wanted Tomlin gone years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:59 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

On D.

You answered your own question. Those 4 and an entire DL of pro bowlers, Santonio Holmes was a marquee receiver back then as well.

Tomlin is not nearly as popular with Steelers fans as most may think. Half my family are from old coal mining towns in western PA. That team is a religion in that region…they wanted Tomlin gone years ago.

James Farrior was great and the rest of the linebackers were very good. Heath Miller was an extremely productive TE. Mike Wallace was a perfect fit with Roethlisberger’s big arm and ability to extend plays. Tomlinson inherited a top caliber team. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/898 ... tomlin-era

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Heath Miller could’ve made the Wheaties box as a textbook, blue chip TE. Pittsburgh was loaded with fan favorites on the roster 2007-2017. Tomlin’s teams consistently underwhelmed. Cowher gave him the keys to a ferrrari & Tomlin drove it around like a Cherokee.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:37 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I would argue the Phin's worst coach was Wandstedt. He was given so much to work with..........Top 5 D and running attack with a respectable passing game. Yet, he only had the one playoff year and left the Team in shambles after Ricky retired.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:50 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Not see an entire DL that were HoFer or even PBs. Sure they may have made one of their career, but some of those came after 2008 or I'm missing something? Just Hampton.

Cannot agree that Holmes was marquee. IMO he was a slightly above avg Wr that made a great catch in the SB. Has one 1K season in his career.

Did they want Cowher gone as well, because he lost with some really good teams?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:57 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:

James Farrior was great and the rest of the linebackers were very good. Heath Miller was an extremely productive TE. Mike Wallace was a perfect fit with Roethlisberger’s big arm and ability to extend plays. Tomlinson inherited a top caliber team.

Farrior was solid, not great. Two PB over a 10 yr career. Miller was also solid, not great. Again two PB over a 11 yr career. Wallace was a one-trick pony as a Wr and correct he was perfect for that role.

Tomlin inherited a 18-14 over the last two yrs under Cowher.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yes. Tommy Maddox is most certainly comparable to a young Roethlisberger with an offensive and defensive nucleus that remained intact for 10 years.

If Wallace was a one trick pony in Pittsburgh like you say he was for the sake of supporting your flatlining argument, it absolutely worked. Most productive one trick pony in NFL history.

:)

That offense and Roethlisberger‘s impromptu style of play was his niche. He was the highest rated free agent overall after just being the mailman in Pittsburgh for 5 seasons. Then he traded all of that for Tannyhill & a bag of money.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:03 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Yes. Tommy Maddox is most certainly comparable to a young Roethlisberger with an offensive and defensive nucleus that remained intact for 10 years.

Tommy Maddox? WTF does Maddox have to do with anything here? He was out of the NFL in 2005. Two yrs after Ben became the starter. Tommy freaking Maddox. Heck why not bring up Mark Malone or Neil O'Donnell, if you are going to bring up Maddox.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
If Wallace was a one trick pony in Pittsburgh like you say he was for the sake of supporting your flatlining argument, it absolutely worked. Most productive one trick pony in NFL history.
Most everyone admits Wallace was a one trick pony. Please let me know what Wallace did beside go deep.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
That offense and Roethlisberger‘s impromptu style of play was his niche. He was the highest rated free agent overall after just being the mailman in Pittsburgh for 5 seasons. Then he traded all of that for Tannyhill & a bag of money.
4 season, not 5 and don't disagree, but the fact is he lacked the ability to have a large route tree.

Seems you are upset with me, for pointing out your post that is obvious in error. 4 HoFers on both sides of the ball, yet nothing backs that comment up.

Since you failed to address that why your family wants Tomlin fired, but yet not want Cowher fired only leads me to believe this is about something more than results. Cowher lost many, many games with far superior talent. 15-1 and got dominated at home in the AFC Conference game.

So either Cowher was a not so great coach after going 18-14 over the two yrs or Tomlin is slightly better than you or your family wish to admit.

One of the biggest mistake Miami made was thinking Tomlin was to hip-hop to hire him as the HC

In 15 season Tomlin has yet to have a sub .500 team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Tommy Maddox? WTF does Maddox have to do with anything here? He was out of the NFL in 2005. Two yrs after Ben became the starter. Tommy freaking Maddox. Heck why not bring up Mark Malone or Neil O'Donnell, if you are going to bring up Maddox.

Relax, I was inferring that Cowher brought his Pittsburgh teams into deep playoff success with the likes of a Maddox while Tomlin was gifted the keys to a roster that had a fledgling all time great QB with a two decade career ahead of him with an overall roster to match, yet consistently underwhelmed.

Tomlin routinely had top 5 rosters around the game for over a decade straight. Pittsburgh was always well-equipped but were out strategized fairly routinely, again, considering the pieces Tomlin had at his disposal. I’ve always liked Tomlin’s personality but he hasn’t juiced those Pittsburgh team’s real potential. I get it’s conjecture (like most sports debates) but Roethlisberger should have ‘least 3 rings.

Tomlin has a losing playoff record as the favorited team and Steeler fans became fatigued with him after a decade. Losing to Tebow and Bortles as a SB favorite is enough to put some fans into PTSD-induced football therapy.

Dphins4me wrote:
Most everyone admits Wallace was a one trick pony. Please let me know what Wallace did beside go deep.

I know it’s kinda your shtick in your dull, post retiree years but I’m not going to bark semantics with you. Was Wallace not the most coveted player that spring after the ink dried up on his rookie contract in Pittsburgh? Why is that? Spare me. He was clearly a big asset and just worked in that Pittsburgh offense. Simple.

Did he start to suck in other offenses’ that lacked Roethlisberger’s chaotic creativity that benefited his speed and off-route receptions? Yes. Miami shoulda known better.

Dphins4me wrote:
4 season, not 5

Dphins4me wrote:
Seems you are upset with me, for pointing out your post that is obvious in error. 4 HoFers on both sides of the ball, yet nothing backs that comment up.

Meant 4 HoFers across both sides of the ball. No roster in NFL history has ever had 8 HoFers on one team, most don’t even have that many in 70 years of franchise history.

Are you still interested in grading my homework Phyllis?

Dphins4me wrote:
Since you failed to address that why your family wants Tomlin fired, but yet not want Cowher fired only leads me to believe this is about something more than results.

Yes. They’re all toothless, card carrying KKK floosies from western PA. Would you like to have some of their phone numbers so you could directly inquire further with them on “something other than results”? The conversation would be priceless. I’m sure you have a lot more to say & assume over an internet forum than in real conversation though, detective.

Dphins4me wrote:
One of the biggest mistake Miami made was thinking Tomlin was to hip-hop to hire him as the HC

That’s word for word what Tomlin said himself a few days ago.

How cute.

:haha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:49 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Getting things back on topic....

Turns out Jason Taylor was interviewed right before his HOF induction, and he doesn't think too highly of Cam

https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/2/3/1 ... -ligaments

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Turns out Jason Taylor was interviewed right before his HOF induction, and he doesn't think too highly of Cam

Glad JT held back a little here. W-o-w.

Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) wrote:
“Cam was an idiot,” Taylor says. “I have no idea how he got the job. I’ve never been around a more incompetent head coach than Cam Cameron. I’m talking youth football, college. It was unbelievable. “Everything we did, he had to have a problem with. That was his way of being the biggest voice in the room. If I talked or Zach talked in a team meeting or after practice, he would always need to have the last word. “It was the weirdest thing. We’d all look at each other because he would repeat something one of the players already said. That dude lost me first day of training camp. Even at minicamp, I’m wondering what are we doing?”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:14 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Big Dave wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Glad JT held back a little here. W-o-w.

Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) wrote:
“Cam was an idiot,” Taylor says. “I have no idea how he got the job. I’ve never been around a more incompetent head coach than Cam Cameron. I’m talking youth football, college. It was unbelievable. “Everything we did, he had to have a problem with. That was his way of being the biggest voice in the room. If I talked or Zach talked in a team meeting or after practice, he would always need to have the last word. “It was the weirdest thing. We’d all look at each other because he would repeat something one of the players already said. That dude lost me first day of training camp. Even at minicamp, I’m wondering what are we doing?”

I couldn't read the Miami Herald article due to a paywall. But I remember reading about it beforehand. He said something about how the "pajama warriors" would disappear after the first few days of training camp and he would sit there with Zach and predict how the season would go. The year Cam Cameron was there, he was like, "we're screwed bro". And Zach agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:29 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Relax, I was inferring that Cowher brought his Pittsburgh teams into deep playoff success with the likes of a Maddox while Tomlin was gifted the keys to a roster that had a fledgling all time great QB with a two decade career ahead of him with an overall roster to match, yet consistently underwhelmed.
In what yr was that? 2002? The yr they lost in the divisional round. Not a deep playoff run.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Tomlin routinely had top 5 rosters around the game for over a decade straight. Pittsburgh was always well-equipped but were out strategized fairly routinely, again, considering the pieces Tomlin had at his disposal. I’ve always liked Tomlin’s personality but he hasn’t juiced those Pittsburgh team’s real potential. I get it’s conjecture (like most sports debates) but Roethlisberger should have ‘least 3 rings.
Argumentative, but nothing factual..

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Tomlin has a losing playoff record as the favorited team and Steeler fans became fatigued with him after a decade. Losing to Tebow and Bortles as a SB favorite is enough to put some fans into PTSD-induced football therapy.
Maybe he does. What about Cowher? 15-1 and lost at home.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I know it’s kinda your shtick in your dull, post retiree years but I’m not going to bark semantics with you. Was Wallace not the most coveted player that spring after the ink dried up on his rookie contract in Pittsburgh? Why is that? Spare me. He was clearly a big asset and just worked in that Pittsburgh offense. Simple.
Which speaks to be a one trick pony. Thank you

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Did he start to suck in other offenses’ that lacked Roethlisberger’s chaotic creativity that benefited his speed and off-route receptions? Yes. Miami shoulda known better.

One trick ponies often do.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Meant 4 HoFers across both sides of the ball. No roster in NFL history has ever had 8 HoFers on one team, most don’t even have that many in 70 years of franchise history.
Clarification. Always a good thing. Don't get upset with me to asking questions about your comment.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Yes. They’re all toothless, card carrying KKK floosies from western PA. Would you like to have some of their phone numbers so you could directly inquire further with them on “something other than results”? The conversation would be priceless. I’m sure you have a lot more to say & assume over an internet forum than in real conversation though, detective.
No doubt. Just curious about the double standard. Sorry, if your panties got in a wad.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
That’s word for word what Tomlin said himself a few days ago.
No clue what your reference, but I know that is what they said.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
what yr was that? 2002? The yr they lost in the divisional round. Not a deep playoff run.

Yeah Doctor Google, around that time. It was an OT game IIRC & they were a kick away from an AFC Championship appearance with Charlie Batch & Maddox but I’m sure you just knew that off of the top of your head. Did you find that on page one or page two? You are hilarious.

Swiss cheese.

Dphins4me wrote:
Argumentative, but nothing factual….

….is the sticker that should be slapped permanently below your username

Dphins4me wrote:

What about Cowher? 15-1 and lost at home.

What about the wonder duo of Tebow & Bortles? Did he lose to them? Uh, no. He just lost to some little upstart football team in the Boston area.

Nonsense. You argue like a woman.

Dphins4me wrote:

speaks to be a one trick pony. Thank you

Petty semantics. Point was, the majority of the league was waiting in line to inject Wallace into their offense at $15m/yr (prob closer to $30m with the current salary cap) after what he did in Pittsburgh. That’s the fax, Shapiro

Dphins4me wrote:
one trick ponies often do.

Dphins4me wrote:
Don’t get upset with me to asking questions about your comment.

Whatever you say grandma

Dphins4me wrote:
No clue what your reference, but I know that is what they said.

Are you okay?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:57 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Yeah Doctor Google, around that time. It was an OT game IIRC & they were a kick away from an AFC Championship appearance with Charlie Batch & Maddox but I’m sure you just knew that off of the top of your head. Did you find that on page one or page two? You are hilarious.
I did watch the game and it might be better to Google, than to make inadequate claims.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
….is the sticker that should be slapped permanently below your username
Sorry for the butt hurt, just trying to understand the now debunked claim of 4 PB on both side of the ball.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
What about the wonder duo of Tebow & Bortles? Did he lose to them? Uh, no. He just lost to some little upstart football team in the Boston area.
We all know the Jags D was awesome that yr.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Nonsense. You argue like a woman. .
You and your little juvenile insults are so cute. Again, sorry for the butt hurt, just trying to understand the now debunked claim of 4 PB on both side of the ball.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Petty semantics. Point was, the majority of the league was waiting in line to inject Wallace into their offense at $15m/yr (prob closer to $30m with the current salary cap) after what he did in Pittsburgh. That’s the fax, Shapiro
Maybe so, but he was a good one trick pony for a couple of yrs.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Whatever you say grandma

You and your little juvenile insults are so cute. Again, sorry for the butt hurt, just trying to understand the now debunked claim of 4 PB on both side of the ball.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Are you okay?
Are you? Since someone simply ask you for clarification on the now debunked claim of 4 PB on both side of the ball and you get all butt hurt. All you had to do was reply.

"Shoot I meant on the team, but Nooooooooooooooooooooo"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:14 am 

Scott is on a rampage. It's been awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:27 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

That's because I was taking all his players in the Dynasty draft. Wait a minute ... he was picking before me.

:haha

Can we get back on topic? I just skip over all the back and forths. No one remembers who wins these debates.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:48 am 

Can we get back on topic? I just skip over all the back and forths. No one remembers who wins these debates.

Fact! :haha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:43 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
I did watch the game and it might be better to Google, than to make inadequate claims.

Big Dave wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:18 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Big Dave wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Win or lose, you're still retarded.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Win or lose, you're still retarded.

Then call me Johnny Knoxville, I’m out here fixing it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:17 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Big Dave wrote:
Does anyone care? I simply was not understanding and was asking for clarification for what I might not be understanding.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Makchell wrote:

No rampage here. Just did not understand the claim of 4 PB's on each side of the ball. Again, all it would have taken was. " Sorry, I meant 4 PBers on the team." One post would have corrected it, so blame the responder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:21 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Its why we play the game. :haha

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]