Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
The five Tampa Bay Rays players who refused to wear the gay pride logo on their uniforms because of their religious beliefs are “bigots,” says ESPN commentator Sarah Spain.

Here is Spain getting performatively angry on Around the Horn Monday:

“[This] is what tends to happen when frivolous class isn’t affected by things,” Spain begins. “That religious exemption BS is used in sports and otherwise also allows for people to be denied health care, jobs, apartments, children, prescriptions, all sorts of rights.

“We have to stop tiptoeing around it because we’re trying to protect people who are trying to be bigoted from asking for them to be exempt from it, when the very people that they are bigoted against are suffering the consequences you say trying to be bigoted.”

Got all that? Spain has no respect for your religion or any opinions that differ from hers. She represents the party of tolerance.

The five “bigots” in question are Jason Adam, Jalen Beeks, Brooks Raley, Jeffrey Springs and Ryan Thompson.

Regardless of your religious beliefs, players should not have to participate in a self-serving social justice campaign. Pride Month has become more about the public figures pretending to support the rainbow flag than the LGBT community.

https://www.outkick.com/espn-sarah-spai ... ide-patch/

You live in America making millions as an “entertainment” mouthpiece, sweetheart, relax. This is why I haven’t watched ESPN in years.

The funniest line was her saying “we need to stop tiptoeing around it”…because the corporate pride month extravaganza is evidently too low key for her…

:haha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:42 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm going to move this here to the offtopic section which covers religion and politics.

Coexist?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I'm going to move this here to the offtopic section which covers religion and politics.

Coexist?

Fair. I’m ordering my coexist bumper sticker now after I get some ice cream at Ben & Jerry’s to quell my bigotry in the name of capitalism.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]