All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Which game from Dolphins history would you most like to have been in attendance at?
Superbowl VII win over Redskins 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Superbowl VIII win over Vikings 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1982 playoff loss to Chargers (epic game w/ hook & ladder) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1984 AFC Championship win over Steelers (arguably Dan's greatest game ever) 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
2008: the debut of the Wildcat vs. Patriots 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Miracle in Miami 2018 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (post in comments!) 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:38 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

So it's the down time. If you could climb into your time machine/tardis/multiverse traveler (pick your mode of transportation) which game would you MOST want to BE THERE for? Obviously any/all of them would be great... but if you had to pick one? (be sure to comment if your choice is not one of the ones offered.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:35 am 

I picked the undefeated year Superbowl win against the Redskins. I remember that game and watching it on tv was good but to have been there would be sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:54 am 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

I picked the 84 Steelers game that sent Dan to the Superbowl in arguably his greatest game as a Dolphin. To see Dan in his prime with the offense humming... I never got to see that live.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

For me it would have been the MNF game when Marino and the Dolphins ended any chance of a Bears’ perfect season. Sadly, in the championship game that year the Phins turned over the ball 6 times and could not stop the Patriots rushing attack and did not get a trip to the big game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:47 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Phinished wrote:
For me it would have been the MNF game when Marino and the Dolphins ended any chance of a Bears’ perfect season. Sadly, in the championship game that year the Phins turned over the ball 6 times and could not stop the Patriots rushing attack and did not get a trip to the big game.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was just 12 at the time. My dad let me stay up past my bedtime to watch with him and my uncles. I remember seeing the 72 team on the sideline and an extremely rabid crowd.

Remember what a great game Nat Moore had? Remember how Shula went to a three receiver formation as his base offense and Mike Ditka/Buddy Ryan were clueless on how to stop it? Remember that ball that ricocheted off a Bears helmet into the arms of Mark Clayton in the end zone?
Good times.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I have to vote for the cap to the perfect season. I was alive then but was only 5 and I don't remember it. Most of the other games on the list I saw on TV as they unfolded.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:21 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Two other games that are maybe too old to matter to most but I would include (being an oldy but goody) I offer the Joe Auer TD KO return game, first play by the Fins ever, taking it the distance, and then later that year the first victory in franchise history over Denver, the day after my 17th b-day. I was of course there for both games. In fact, for the Denver game me and a couple of buddies sneaked into the Denver sideline while the game was still underway. Imagine that today. We were kneeling down around the bench to be as inconspicuous as possible....it didn’t last long but while it lasted it was a blast for us teens, always dreaming of being a Jim Taylor or Gale Sayers to see these giants in pads and helmets standing around us.

Of the more modern games, the thrill of the SD OT game was something I’ll never forget...the hook and lateral! Wow! I was there for that one, and somehow, even though it’s a loss, for me it counts more than other more accomplished games that I was not present ...the game was like 4 hours or so of an emotional rollercoaster followed by the sudden ending.

The saying "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat” all rolled into one comes to mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:50 am 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

Quote:
Of the more modern games, the thrill of the SD OT game was something I’ll never forget...the hook and lateral! Wow! I was there for that one, and somehow, even though it’s a loss, for me it counts more than other more accomplished games that I was not present ...the game was like 4 hours or so of an emotional rollercoaster followed by the sudden ending.

I totally agree and almost didn't include that in the list b/c I didn't want to include losses as options but I can't argue with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:16 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I was at the Wildcat game. It was my first regular season Dolphins game. My college roommate won the the tickets in an office lottery a couple weeks before and took me as his +1 for my birthday.

I was the only Dolphins fan in our section (great seats...40 yd line, closest section to the field, Pats sideline) and took some funny jabs for my Dolphins baseball cap pregame. By halftime, the only comments were about me taking my hat off.

It was so much fun. It was like I was a pro-wrestling villain.

I highly recommend attending an away game for any fan, in any sport. Especially if your team forges an incredible upset.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:35 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The Christmas Day Kansas City game is another one for the ages.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:26 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

jgod1 wrote:
I highly recommend attending an away game for any fan, in any sport. Especially if your team forges an incredible upset.

Something else that is fun is when you're attending a game between 2 teams you don't care about. I got free tickets to see a game in the Meadowlands between the Giants and the Lions. I was sitting behind a group of Lions fans and watching the banter between them and the Giant fans around them was pretty entertaining. "Keep it up and you'll end up buried in the end zone next to Jimmy Hoffa."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:45 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The Leon Lett Thanksgiving game would've been a good one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If the Miracle in Miami kept BillyCheat out of the super bowl it would be a legendary game, but since NE won it all a few weeks later regardless of that play, my opinion, it’s more glitter than anything that actually gave Miami beneficial results..all we got was booted down the draft board as NE kept moving on while Miami sat on the couch.

Easily the most overrated game on this list. The best game should be the one that capped off the undefeated season.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]