All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

“i just want people to understand I went for 150 with Matt Moore as my QB,” Tyreek Hill told NFL Network this week. “If you don’t remember that game (against Minnesota) 150 and 1 touchdown with Matt More as my QB… And Tua is 10 [times better than] Matt Moore.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:25 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Saying he is better than Matt Moore isn't really putting pressure on him. Matt Moore was a player that looked good for a game or two... maybe a quarter or two... before crapping the bed.

Now... saying Tua is better than Jacoby Brissett... that's pressure!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:58 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
Saying he is better than Matt Moore isn't really putting pressure on him. Matt Moore was a player that looked good for a game or two... maybe a quarter or two... before crapping the bed.

You missed it. The pressure is that Ty is saying “with that guy I did this and that...” (paraphrasing), and he is "ten times" worse than you, so with me around this is the target you need to beat. Anything less and you are......Matt Moore.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:48 pm 

Ty must be saying he expects to put up 1500 yards and 10 tds a game with Tua as qb.

No excuse s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:03 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The point is Tyreek should tone down the “vote for Tua!” rhetoric, at this level it sounds contrived. Let the play speak for itself, and that’s three months away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:58 am 

carreramia wrote:
Rich wrote:

You missed it. The pressure is that Ty is saying “with that guy I did this and that...” (paraphrasing), and he is "ten times" worse than you, so with me around this is the target you need to beat. Anything less and you are......Matt Moore.

Hey put pressure on the kid. If he can't handle it, it makes things clearer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:58 am 

carreramia wrote:
The point is Tyreek should tone down the “vote for Tua!” rhetoric, at this level it sounds contrived. Let the play speak for itself, and that’s three months away.

So are you concerned about putting pressure on the kid or sounding contrived?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:06 am 

I wonder if Ty sounds as contrived as the negative press that he is hearing about and getting asked about.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:31 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Tyreek Hill can say whatever he wants. He's earned the right to say it with his performance. Most of the receivers we've had on this team recently couldn't hold Tyreek's jockstrap.

And as for pressure on Tua, he's got the line and the weapons in the backfield to work with this year, so no excuses. And I believe that's why the Dolphins insisted on getting two first round picks in 2023. Because if Tua falters this year, they will be trading up to get Bryce Young or CJ Stroud.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:41 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Tyreek Hill can say whatever he wants. He's earned the right to say it with his performance. Most of the receivers we've had on this team recently couldn't hold Tyreek's jockstrap.

And as for pressure on Tua, he's got the line and the weapons in the backfield to work with this year, so no excuses. And I believe that's why the Dolphins insisted on getting two first round picks in 2023. Because if Tua falters this year, they will be trading up to get Bryce Young or CJ Stroud.

Does he have the line? He has a left tackle until he gets hurt. He has a LG they appear to moving to C, which he has never played professionally before. They have a RG. This is a long way from being "good" line IMO, unless we see real growth from a lot of the carryovers.

As far as the "no excuses" rhetoric; it's not making excuses when you recognize the circumstances one is dealing with. The Dolphins had one of the worst O-lines in NFL history last year; that's not making an excuse it's stating a reality that had significant impact on what the young QB was able to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:57 am 

k-dash wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Does he have the line? He has a left tackle until he gets hurt. He has a LG they appear to moving to C, which he has never played professionally before. They have a RG. This is a long way from being "good" line IMO, unless we see real growth from a lot of the carryovers.

As far as the "no excuses" rhetoric; it's not making excuses when you recognize the circumstances one is dealing with. The Dolphins had one of the worst O-lines in NFL history last year; that's not making an excuse it's stating a reality that had significant impact on what the young QB was able to do.

All we need is a middle of the road line. Doesn't have to be top 10. The bar isn't set that high for what this offensive line needs to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Similarities?

:haha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:30 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
carreramia wrote:

So are you concerned about putting pressure on the kid or sounding contrived?

The whole thing is contrived like right out of a clause in Ty’s contract. If the kid is gonna become an NFL worthy QB, and that’s about his ceiling, forget the 5th overall/elite/franchise QB fin fans hoped and prayed for, he will have to do it all by his lonesome. PR moments by others, here and in the media, millions in FA brick and mortar piled up all around him, make Tua sound like a desperate experiment which do nothing but remind us of this franchise’s failures.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, say what you will about 'Reek's comments here, but what I take from it is that Tua is deadly accurate and puts the ball where a receiver needs it to be.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:11 am 

I am ready to see it not just hear about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
I am ready to see it not just hear about it.

:yay:

One thing I am ready to see is his arm strength, and it isn't about his deep ball. All the way back to college he could throw the deep ball. His receivers have said that he throws one of the easier balls to catch even though he puts a southpaw spin on it. He just has superb touch on his passes to be able to do that. I want to see if the improved armstrength translate into being able to put it on a rope if he needs to.

BTW, in reference to the hilarious picture below, what else do we have to talk about? The threads on this forum with the most posts on them are the back and forth arguments. Always has been.

https://twitter.com/houtz/status/1536131036706480129

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:38 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Totally agree with him 100%.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

lol. He does have a point.

:))

I am with AQNOR. Let's see it instead of hyping it up. Let Tua's play on the field defend himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:28 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
Totally agree with him 100%.

Horrible take. I couldn't disagree more. You have no evidence for that argument.

Wait, what are we talking about again?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

BSPN wrote:
Hill compared the Miami Dolphins quarterback to his former teammate in Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes, during an episode of his podcast "It Needed to Be Said."

"Obviously, like I'm gonna go with 15 as the strongest arm but as far as accuracy-wise, I'm going with Tua all day," Hill said.

How much of that is rooted in truth, versus Hill simply supporting his new teammate?

For starters, Mahomes owned the league's fifth-best QBR last season at 62.2 while Tagovailoa finished with a 49.7 -- 18th-best in the NFL. Their completion percentages were comparable, with Tagovailoa's 67.8% besting Mahomes' 66.3%.

Tagovailoa did own a completion percentage over expectation of +0.9%, compared to Mahomes' -2.1%, which lends credence to Hill's statement that the Dolphins' quarterback is the more accurate passer.

The third-year quarterback has weathered criticism during his first two professional seasons, mainly surrounding his ability to push the ball downfield. According to ESPN Stats & Info, Tagovailoa was actually the most accurate passer in the NFL last season on attempts of at least 25 air yards, connecting on 50% of his attempts.

At the same time, he attempted the second-fewest of such passes -- which he attributed to playcalling, rather than his own capability.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/340 ... atform=amp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Edit: Sorry, noticed this was posted as a response to Carr’s post a few days ago in another thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Trying to think where I should put the latest Tua hype and I definitely do not want to start another new thread. Here are Waddle's comments on Tua on Tyreek's show. I really believe we are going to see improvement in Tua this year in his decision-making and throwing it downfield more. I think the improvement we really want to see that is just as important is for him to not miss games to injury.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:47 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

There are a lot of expectations from the Dolphins players themselves about this season. Everyone sees the potential. Whether we meet those expectations or not, it's good to be in the conversation again as there have been some lean years in the 2000's. I am enjoying the excitement.

Daniel Oyefusi (Miami Herald) wrote:
“That 2019 offense with the Chiefs was stupid,” Hill said. “But when I go out to practice each and every day, I see the same exact team. As far as explosive, as far as dynamic, we have the same weapons, bro. And maybe even more. Our running back runs a 4.2 [40-yard dash]? It’s a whole track meet back there. When you add Mike McDaniel into calling plays — I know Andy Reid is a great, man — but when you add Mikey D, it’s crazy. The way he dials up plays and his play-calling timing, I don’t even know what to say. I’m just very excited and ready, man.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Trying to find a Tua thread to put this from today's MH article.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ Justin Herbert’s name wasn’t mentioned, but (Dolphins personnel officials Marvin) Allen explained why the Dolphins were drawn to Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 draft:

“If you remember how Tua first came in for Alabama, he rescued them in the championship game. He showed all the poise, instincts, anticipation you would want to see.

“He’s more of a leader by example, but he’s a cool, calm, collected customer. Some of the throws he’s been able to make with his anticipation and accuracy” left an impression on Dolphins management.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

BTW, the Dolphins draft Tua with Herbert on deck.

:haha

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]