All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Omar, that is terrible
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1187
I seem to be the only person here who generally likes Omar Kelly. However, he certainly dropped a few notches in my view with this opening line in his recent column:

"Having the formula for a complicated math equation doesn’t guarantee you’ll produce the right answer, but at least it’s a strong starting point."

Going into teacher mode here ... this just doesn't make any sense. Equations don't have formulas. Equations don't have answers. If he had used the word "problem" instead of "equation" then everything would be fine here.

But he didn't. I'm going to have to reexamine all my views on Omar based on this new information. I now fear I have been wrong about him all along, because this one example shows that he is perfectly willing to talk about stuff he doesn't understand!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27645
Location: Miami, FL
You should have had a problem with Omar when he revealed what a kiss a$$ he is. The guy has no conviction. On the Big O show, he was defending Tua and trashing Flores, then he does an interview with Flores and he stands up for him.

Omar is the clickbait master.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1187
I always thought Armando was the vanilla guy who had no strong convictions and was afraid to say anything controversial. Admittedly, much of that opinion was formed early in his career, as he did change somewhat over time.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 7840
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Rich wrote:
You should have had a problem with Omar when he revealed what a kiss a$$ he is. The guy has no conviction. On the Big O show, he was defending Tua and trashing Flores, then he does an interview with Flores and he stands up for him.

Omar is the clickbait master.


Omar is Miko Grimes with a D.

….maybe in his case I should lowercase the d.

prof123 wrote:
I always thought Armando was the vanilla guy who had no strong convictions and was afraid to say anything controversial. Admittedly, much of that opinion was formed early in his career, as he did change somewhat over time.


‘Mando was usually my favorite

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 24080
Location: Raleigh, NC
I didn't like Omar's comments about Marino as I considered it clickbait. Then, his involvement with Miko Grimes sealed it for me. I also like to separate politics from my Dolphins. He seems to feel he has a platform to share his political views. That's 3 strikes.

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1187
Big Dave wrote:
I didn't like Omar's comments about Marino as I considered it clickbait. Then, his involvement with Miko Grimes sealed it for me. I also like to separate politics from my Dolphins. He seems to feel he has a platform to share his political views. That's 3 strikes.


I see. I've heard several say similar things about Omar talking about politics. I just don't remember that at all, but perhaps that is because I didn't watch many of his videos and I don't do Twitter -- I tend to only read articles. As far as articles go, I'm pretty sure that Armando talked about politics and religion much more than Omar did. Feel free to challenge me on that -- that is just a general sense.

Anyway, my main point was really about the bad metaphor with mathematics -- I didn't really mean it to be about Omar per se.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 7840
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
‘Mando & Barry Jackson are the most legitimate from what I’ve personally read. Jackson seems to sensationalize stories & drama less than ‘Mando used too though.

Excuse my language but Omar is just a straight up whore in my eyes..

:haha

Dirtiest of the dirty.

prof123 wrote:
I see. I've heard several say similar things about Omar talking about politics. I just don't remember that at all, but perhaps that is because I didn't watch many of his videos and I don't do Twitter -- I tend to only read articles. As far as articles go, I'm pretty sure that Armando talked about politics and religion much more than Omar did. Feel free to challenge me on that -- that is just a general sense.

Anyway, my main point was really about the bad metaphor with mathematics -- I didn't really mean it to be about Omar per se.


Omar is a professional soccer mom & he doesn’t even realize it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1187
Barry Jackson is fine for reporting news.
I just though Mando was too vanilla and didn't have any special football insight (certainly no more than the average guy on this forum).
I think Hyde is far and away the best writer of any of them.
But, separating out all that other stuff, I think Omar knows the most football, and I don't think it is even close.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r