All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Omar, that is terrible
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:07 am 

I seem to be the only person here who generally likes Omar Kelly. However, he certainly dropped a few notches in my view with this opening line in his recent column:

"Having the formula for a complicated math equation doesn’t guarantee you’ll produce the right answer, but at least it’s a strong starting point."

Going into teacher mode here ... this just doesn't make any sense. Equations don't have formulas. Equations don't have answers. If he had used the word "problem" instead of "equation" then everything would be fine here.

But he didn't. I'm going to have to reexamine all my views on Omar based on this new information. I now fear I have been wrong about him all along, because this one example shows that he is perfectly willing to talk about stuff he doesn't understand!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:10 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

You should have had a problem with Omar when he revealed what a kiss a$$ he is. The guy has no conviction. On the Big O show, he was defending Tua and trashing Flores, then he does an interview with Flores and he stands up for him.

Omar is the clickbait master.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:27 pm 

I always thought Armando was the vanilla guy who had no strong convictions and was afraid to say anything controversial. Admittedly, much of that opinion was formed early in his career, as he did change somewhat over time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
You should have had a problem with Omar when he revealed what a kiss a$$ he is. The guy has no conviction. On the Big O show, he was defending Tua and trashing Flores, then he does an interview with Flores and he stands up for him.

Omar is the clickbait master.

Omar is Miko Grimes with a D.

….maybe in his case I should lowercase the d.

prof123 wrote:
I always thought Armando was the vanilla guy who had no strong convictions and was afraid to say anything controversial. Admittedly, much of that opinion was formed early in his career, as he did change somewhat over time.

‘Mando was usually my favorite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I didn't like Omar's comments about Marino as I considered it clickbait. Then, his involvement with Miko Grimes sealed it for me. I also like to separate politics from my Dolphins. He seems to feel he has a platform to share his political views. That's 3 strikes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:21 am 

Big Dave wrote:
I didn't like Omar's comments about Marino as I considered it clickbait. Then, his involvement with Miko Grimes sealed it for me. I also like to separate politics from my Dolphins. He seems to feel he has a platform to share his political views. That's 3 strikes.

I see. I've heard several say similar things about Omar talking about politics. I just don't remember that at all, but perhaps that is because I didn't watch many of his videos and I don't do Twitter -- I tend to only read articles. As far as articles go, I'm pretty sure that Armando talked about politics and religion much more than Omar did. Feel free to challenge me on that -- that is just a general sense.

Anyway, my main point was really about the bad metaphor with mathematics -- I didn't really mean it to be about Omar per se.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:30 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

‘Mando & Barry Jackson are the most legitimate from what I’ve personally read. Jackson seems to sensationalize stories & drama less than ‘Mando used too though.

Excuse my language but Omar is just a straight up whore in my eyes..

:haha

Dirtiest of the dirty.

prof123 wrote:
I see. I've heard several say similar things about Omar talking about politics. I just don't remember that at all, but perhaps that is because I didn't watch many of his videos and I don't do Twitter -- I tend to only read articles. As far as articles go, I'm pretty sure that Armando talked about politics and religion much more than Omar did. Feel free to challenge me on that -- that is just a general sense.

Anyway, my main point was really about the bad metaphor with mathematics -- I didn't really mean it to be about Omar per se.

Omar is a professional soccer mom & he doesn’t even realize it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:06 pm 

Barry Jackson is fine for reporting news.
I just though Mando was too vanilla and didn't have any special football insight (certainly no more than the average guy on this forum).
I think Hyde is far and away the best writer of any of them.
But, separating out all that other stuff, I think Omar knows the most football, and I don't think it is even close.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]