All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ok, is this not the “Brownsiest” move of their prolifically bad last 30 years? Their suit and ties act shocked that the number grew from 22 (when they signed him) to now 25+…

$230,000,000 guaranteed to a man who is supposed to be symbolic with your brand/logo…the premier face of your team and even city…This is almost incomprehensibly embarrassing and guess which team appears to have been right behind the Browns in their lust for this guy….

No pun intended but were they v-whipped literally out of their minds for this dude or what? Cleveland Desperados. Another fresh lawsuit is claiming he “secured” hundreds of “massages” from strangers on instagram. This guy is off the f’ing chain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:26 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

I also read he gave each masseuse a pearl necklace as a gift. Seems so generous. I'm confused by the uproar.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Meant to add this to the OP:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/06/lurid-det ... atson/amp/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:03 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The NYT is reporting 66 different "massage therapists" over an 18- month period from 2017-2019.

He must have had some serious knots to work out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

With the new accusations, I wonder what is making them come out now rather than earlier. Is it the rumors of $100K offered to each accuser to drop their case? Or, are these real cases?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:37 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It was a terrible signing that rewarded a bad person with a guarenteed contract.
But it is safe to say had the Dolphins gone ahead a pulled the trigger on him , the old innocent until proven guilty thought would be used.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:51 pm 

FINesse wrote:
It was a terrible signing that rewarded a bad person with a guarenteed contract.
But it is safe to say had the Dolphins gone ahead a pulled the trigger on him , the old innocent until proven guilty thought would be used.

Where would it be used?

I disagree if you meant it would be used by all or most on this site as a number of people on this board said that would be it for them until he was off of team at least. Of course there would still remain to follow through with those words but imo I think most of those who said they would bail would do it.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:44 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I said it and I meant it. I was ready to box up all my stuff and leave it in the attic until DW and everyone who brought him were flushed.

Thankfully it didn't happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:53 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Why don't they rename themselves the Cleveland Steamers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:08 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:

I only know of a few people here on the forum who advocated for trading for Watson. The rest of us called him a sexual predator and did not want us to trade for him.

k-dash wrote:
I said it and I meant it. I was ready to box up all my stuff and leave it in the attic until DW and everyone who brought him were flushed.

Thankfully it didn't happen.

Ken, I was considering it myself. I am still not happy with Ross's involvement in it. He wanted everyone paid off ... and that is sick in itself. Now, people are up in arms about what the last person said that Watson did, but this information is nothing new. The other women said very similar things about him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:23 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not guys here , we know better.
But the consensus of the average Dolphin fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:07 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Why don't they rename themselves the Cleveland Steamers

Call 1-800-230-000-000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:17 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The Steinbrenner family used to make ships and boats to ship goods and pull barges around the Great Lakes out of Lorain, OH.

They could change their name to the Cleveland Tugs to honor local history and tradition.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:29 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jgod1 wrote:
They could change their name to the Cleveland Tugs to honor local history and tradition.

The Cleveland Tugs? Perhaps too much on the cheek? The name itself would be enough to arouse Watson into a 26th lawsuit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:27 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
jgod1 wrote:

The Cleveland Tugs? Perhaps too much on the cheek? The name itself would be enough to arouse Watson into a 26th lawsuit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:15 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

A year ago, when the Dolphins were pursuing Watson, I was thinking worst case scenario for him was a 1 year suspension.

Now, I'm thinking Watson's best outcome is the Commissioner's Exempt List for 2022 while the civil suits, and any other potential future criminal suits finish up. With a full year suspension in 2023.

I think worst case now is the professional death penalty. I'll also speculate that at least 25 teams have already decided that outcome for him. They're not going to "touch" him regardless of the legal outcomes. Over 20 teams right now are asking for public money for stadiums or improvements. Not a good time for them to have a sexual predator as the face of the franchise

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:24 am 

The people that were pounding the table to trade for Watson are avoiding this thread like the plague.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:22 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich, the current public dialog must just "rub" them the wrong way.

Sorry. Couldn't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:52 pm 

To me from the outside I can't understand how the Law Enforcement Establishment can not put together a case.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
To me from the outside I can't understand how the Law Enforcement Establishment can not put together a case.

I can't either.

Police detective testifies she believed Deshaun Watson committed crimes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:18 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

A Washington Post reporter is saying that the NFL is seeking a significant suspension. A year and possibly longer is what's being thrown around. The reporter also spoke with someone on Watson's side who confirmed that they expect the NFL to hand down a lengthy suspension.

Watson would obviously fight this and I don't know what it means for his contract status with the Browns. They might be legally allowed to void the whole thing, but if they do that, they will be throwing away a boatload of draft picks.

This could also be why the Browns are not shopping Baker Mayfield. They'll need him in case Watson can't go.

Either way, the league allegedly wants all the appeals wrapped up before August so I guess we should see the NFL's ruling soon. After that, grab your popcorn and sit back and watch the sheeeitshow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:16 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Shame on Cleveland for even making this bonehead move. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:49 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Looks like Watson has settled all but 4 of his lawsuits today. And those 4 are represented by the same lawyer, so they could settle very soon. Not sure if settling is gonna hurt him or not in the eyes of the NFL. Gut feeling tells me he cut a deal with the NFL to get rid of the negative press in exchange for a shorter suspension.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:15 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

So, when he is back out on the field...how are the female reporters going to feel about doing interviews with him? It will never happen...but what if they boycotted his games?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:20 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Watson is having his disciplinary hearing right now. NFL is pushing for an indefinite suspension, minimum of one year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:13 pm 

Smart move by NFL is to go for a max suspension then it goes to arbitration and gets reduced.

See we tried but that arbitrator reduced it on us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The NFL is a shadow of itself these days. Tarnished reputations abound.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:25 pm 

NFL has always been made up of people. These days 24 hour news cycle and ability for anyone to snap a picture / video and post it online means harder to cover up stuff and more details of their lives.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:40 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If Roethlisberger got 4 games for one of these types of incidents, what does Watson get for 26?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jgod1 wrote:
If Roethlisberger got 4 games for one of these types of incidents, what does Watson get for 26?

You would imagine a full season suspension…but the NFL has not showed high moral character in how the organization deals with such matters.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:29 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Browns just traded Baker Mayfield to the Panthers for a 5th rounder. Got rid of their safety net for reasons unknown to me... unless they are sure Watson won't be suspended long.

Browns play the Panthers on opening day. Should be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Browns just traded Baker Mayfield to the Panthers for a 5th rounder. Got rid of their safety net for reasons unknown to me... unless they are sure Watson won't be suspended long.

Cleveland has been an unrivaled shhh show in American sports for decades now, hence the title. That game will be a fun one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

ArtieChokePhin wrote:

I have not watched much of Baker Mayfield, but I thought he played injured last season with a shoulder injury. That is enough to give someone a down year. Obviously, the Browns did not see him as their future and Mayfield's leadership is questionable, too. They did give him a 5th year option prior to last season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

This is interesting. It's a good time to face a rusty QB (or a QB that needs more time to process/Brissett).

Alain Poupart (SI) wrote:
A report from Pro Football Talk on Tuesday indicated the Browns are bracing themselves for an eight-game suspension, which would make Watson's first potential game that Nov. 13 matchup against the Dolphins.

That game in Miami will come after the Browns' bye in Week 9.

The irony there, of course, would be significant since the Dolphins considered making a trade for Watson in 2021 before eventually deciding against it.

In the event a Watson suspension is for longer than eight games, the Dolphins very well could end up facing their 2021 backup, Jacoby Brissett.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... s-and-more

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:43 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Word is, Cleveland is looking at Cam Newton and the judge's ruling will be a 2-8 game suspension for Watson. Watson made it public that he threatened to sue if his suspension was for a year.

I really hope this changes the Personal Conduct Policy when it's time to sit down and renew the CBA.

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]