All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Reporters have only seen a few practices, but it is good that Igby and Bowden look as though they can compete for a roster spot. Igby was a late first round pick and Bowden was a Raiders 3rd round pick. It could be nice if they can find within themselves to find the potential that made them high draft picks.

Alain Poupart (SI) wrote:
Q: Hi Alain. I know it's early but is there anyone who has surprised you yet? Iggy or a rookie, for example?

ALAIN POUPART: Hey twin, yes, it’s early. I absolutely would say that Noah Igbinoghene has looked to me a lot more decisive and aggressive than last offseason and him getting beat deep by Tyreek Hill on that long completion by Tua that the Dolphins social media team put out Thursday should not be overthought because there aren’t many DBs who can cover Hill down the field one-on-one. I’ll also point out to the two diving catches made by Lynn Bowden Jr. in practice Wednesday as something that really caught my eye.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... o-and-more

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

So far Igby looks better but there is no chance that he will overtake Nik Needham as the slot corner or beat out X and Byron. They say he puts in good effort. In addition, DT Raekwan Davis looks better as well. Davis got injured early last year and did not make a lot of progress from the previous year. He needs to step up this year as well. He got an orange jersey as the best player at practice one day this week. To me, and aside from everyone on the OL, Davis was the most disappointing to me last year. A big and athletic guy like that should dominate more.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
It will be interesting to see what Dolphins defensive backs coach Sam Madison and assistant Patrick Surtain can extract from former first-round pick Noah Igbinoghene, who played just 78 defensive snaps last season and 365 combined in two seasons behind Xavien Howard and Byron Jones.

When I asked a Dolphins person what gives Igbinoghene a chance to make it as an NFL corner, I got this answer: “good change of direction and ability to press receivers at the line.” But the Dolphins want more consistency and want to see growth.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:12 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
It will be interesting to see what Dolphins defensive backs coach Sam Madison and assistant Patrick Surtain can extract from former first-round pick Noah Igbinoghene

How many teams have two former franchise-greats as position coaches? DBs who played on the same roster no less? I love having Marino, Madison & Surtain in the building. Great for culture building.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]