Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tua's offseason goals
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

You will not hear much negativity in the offseason program, but you can tell there is a difference in Tua from those who saw him last year by the way those who face him on the defensive side of the ball talk about him. I am encouraged by it.

Tua: “..I wasn’t really able to push the ball down the field last year because we didn’t have plays specifically to push the ball down field. Alot of the plays that were called last year were meant for one person.."

https://twitter.com/tili____/status/1532115442529357824

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:52 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Alot of the plays were meant for one person. We didn't push the ball down the field. This goes back to two things.

1. The worst offensive line the multiverse has ever seen and
2. A crappy offensive coordinator situation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
Alot of the plays were meant for one person. We didn't push the ball down the field. This goes back to two things.

1. The worst offensive line the multiverse has ever seen and
2. A crappy offensive coordinator situation

Preach on Rich! I am cautiously hopeful that the O-line will be better not just because of the additions, but because the players will be in a new system that allows them to not react but fire off the line..... and actually coached up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Tua pushes back against the haters which means he does hear the criticism. After what we've seen from him, he is on mentally tough person.

Daniel Oyefusi (Miami Herald) wrote:
“For me, it’s just, zone that out,” he said. “I mean, we come out to practice, everyone else … Twitter warriors, keyboard warriors, whatever you want to call them, they’re not out here practicing with us, working hard. So I don’t know if you guys recorded that last one to Tyreek, I don’t know about you, but that looked like money.”

In a recent story by Muscle & Fitness, Tagovailoa said he anticipated he would have more success with downfield passing in 2022 after the offense in 2021 lacked many attempts. Of 33 quarterbacks with at least 200 pass attempts last season, Tagovailoa’s 25 deep attempts — passes that traveled 20 or more air yards — ranked 30th, according to Sports Info Solutions. However, Tagovailoa’s 48 percent completion on such passes only trailed the Arizona Cardinals’ Kyler Murray.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:51 am 

That throw to cheetah was 0.125 of an inch to far to the left. This guy better get it together or we are doomed!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:57 am 

Rich wrote:
That throw to cheetah was 0.125 of an inch to far to the left. This guy better get it together or we are doomed!!!

Always taking up for Tua, that throw must have been at least 0.1254 of an inch to far to the left. And please don't give me any push back about "rounding down" that sounds like a conspiracy cover up to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:

Always taking up for Tua, that throw must have been at least 0.1254 of an inch to far to the left. And please don't give me any push back about "rounding down" that sounds like a conspiracy cover up to me.

I thought the throw was 0.1254 of an inch below his numbers. Not "money".

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]