All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think the most important addition and player is LT Terron Armstead. We have a viable backup on every position, but if Armstead goes down then so will our OL (read the last sentence below). I'm looking for that growth from the youngsters along the OL. Got to have it this year.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
New left tackle Terron Armstead, on why he’s encouraged about the offensive line: “You see guys like Rob Hunt, Austin Jackson (and they are) just extremely explosive. Like they jump off the film. So those guys are just tapping into what they are becoming as players, as pros. It’s exciting. And then the scheme – the offense that we’re running – it allows you to show those abilities and use that athleticism and explosiveness.”

Armstead, working his way back from a minor offseason knee procedure, said McDaniel’s system “allows the offensive line to be playmakers.

“It’s a tough job. Offensive line is a tough job. You’re tasked with things that are just difficult to get done, especially against the guys that you’re playing against. But this offense allows you to be directly impactful on a lot of plays and to walk away from a play and feel like, ‘I made a play,’ like ‘I caused that run’ – that’s a friendly feeling.” Without Armstead, the line allowed multiple quarterback pressures on Wednesday.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
New left tackle Terron Armstead, on why he’s encouraged about the offensive line: “You see guys like Rob Hunt, Austin Jackson (and they are) just extremely explosive. Like they jump off the film.

Austin Jackson is explosive? As in self destructive? Why are you lying to us Armstead?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is just Team Speak fluff. Guys just talking each other up in the preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Austin Jackson was explosive. He totally blew up many Miami plays as he often failed to block anyone, or when he did block it would be illegally downfield on a pass play…. He was often a one man wrecking crew. It has been painful to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:04 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
Austin Jackson was explosive. He totally blew up many Miami plays as he often failed to block anyone, or when he did block it would be illegally downfield on a pass play…. He was often a one man wrecking crew. It has been painful to watch.

He showed some promise his rookie season, but last year he was a disaster. I wonder what the Dolphins see to make them think he can start at RT facing usually the other team's best pass rusher. Good coaching can only fix things so far as our ex-OC Gary Stevens said in so many words.

After the coaches get a good look what they have in OTAs, my guess they may be on the look out for a veteran RT being cut during the preseason.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]