All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Yesterday's OTA was the first open to the media. I just pulled a few comments that I felt were important, but Barry Jackson addresses several other important thoughts from what he saw at yesterday's OTAs in the article.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ Linebacker Jerome Baker has seen enough to know this: “They’re fast, the offense in general. Fast, explosive. It’s going to be exciting for us. It gives defenses more problems. When you give defenses more problems, it’s hard to really [stop everything]. I’m excited. It’s going to be fun.”

▪ Tagovailoa’s arm seems stronger. One pass in particular — a dart to Hill — went for a 50-yard TD in individual drills.

▪ “This offense does well for offensive linemen,” Eichenberg said. “The scheme is different. “We didn’t do a lot of wide zone last year. It was mostly inside zone. My buddy in San Fran, McGlinchey, loves it. Just got to run off the ball, that’s the biggest emphasis [with offensive linemen in this system]. It’s not about guessing or hesitating; it’s run off the ball. Just deal with the outcome.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:56 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Take it with a grain of salt. Everyone "looks good" in practice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:19 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Take it with a grain of salt. Everyone "looks good" in practice

I think most of us are seasoned enough to know that (well, I hope we are). What I take from all of this is that our defense sees a much improved offense over where they were last year at this time of year. That's something to be encouraged about as you know the media is going to judge them as well for us as they are our only eyes on the field right now. Right now, the same defensive players we had last year are having to work a little harder because of the increase in speed.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]