All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

While the Dolphins seem to be buggering up the center position by giving throught to moving LG Connor Williams to center (if Deiter wasn't the man, I don't know why Grier didn't address it), they are smart for now to leave Hunt at RG but I'm not sure if Austin Jackson will make it as our RT. We will see. One thing that I do trust is Applebaum.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Austin Jackson is being given every opportunity to win the right tackle job, according to a source.

“A.J. is a really talented young guy,” Applebaum said. “He’s been awesome to work with. He’s got position flex as well. He’s actually put some good stuff on tape up to this point. We all know the nature of this position. When some things don’t go well, all of that stuff kind of falls off to the side. I think he’s an ascending player. He’s got the traits to be a productive tackle in the NFL, whether that be left tackle or right tackle.”

Terron Armstead, the Pro Bowl left tackle signed to a five-year, $75 million deal, will anchor the line.

The Dolphins have left Robert Hunt at right guard, where he played well last season. But Applebaum wouldn’t rule out playing him at tackle.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]