All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8652
Quote:
So, as we sit here in early May and the Dolphins have some of the most salary cap space available in the entire NFL, what other positions do they still need help at?

At this point, the list of needs is short, as this roster is outstanding, but there are needs nonetheless. So, let’s list them.

Center
Cornerback
Edge Rusher ...



https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/05/last-t ... is-roster/


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27637
Location: Miami, FL
THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8652
Rich wrote:
THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!


I don't usually make the headlines just copy and paste.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27637
Location: Miami, FL
AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!


I don't usually make the headlines just copy and paste.


You sound like a New York Times reporter.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8652
Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!


I don't usually make the headlines just copy and paste.


You sound like a New York Times reporter.



plagiarism
plājəˌrizəm]
NOUN
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own:
"there were accusations of plagiarism" · [more]
synonyms:
copying · infringement of copyright · piracy · theft · stealing · poaching · appropriation"

Is my middle name.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 23951
Location: Raleigh, NC
You get a pass ... THIS TIME.

:haha

Image

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:14 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 4089
OT is more of a need than C imo (I don't trust any of the young guys as a backup to Armstead.) I agree with the rest. I'd put C on the list after the other spots, but not nearly as high. I don't feel bad about having Deiter do the job. I don't think he did a bad job. You can't have an all pro at every spot on the line. That said, I won't complain if they sign JC Tretter.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 8194
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
So, as we sit here in early May and the Dolphins have some of the most salary cap space available in the entire NFL, what other positions do they still need help at?

At this point, the list of needs is short, as this roster is outstanding, but there are needs nonetheless. So, let’s list them.

Center
Cornerback
Edge Rusher ...



Cornerback? Howard, Jones and Needham? Not sure I get the issue they are speaking about.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:09 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 4089
Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
So, as we sit here in early May and the Dolphins have some of the most salary cap space available in the entire NFL, what other positions do they still need help at?

At this point, the list of needs is short, as this roster is outstanding, but there are needs nonetheless. So, let’s list them.

Center
Cornerback
Edge Rusher ...



Cornerback? Howard, Jones and Needham? Not sure I get the issue they are speaking about.


Those 3 are more than solid. It's what's behind them that concerns. You know 1 or more of those guys will miss some time this year. Who you trotting out there? Iggy? I hope the coaching staff can get him on track but I don't have any reason to believe it until I see it. I think we'll see a vet signing there before camp is over. Honestly all of my real worries for this roster are depth issues except OT.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 8194
k-dash wrote:
[

Those 3 are more than solid. It's what's behind them that concerns. You know 1 or more of those guys will miss some time this year. Who you trotting out there? Iggy? I hope the coaching staff can get him on track but I don't have any reason to believe it until I see it. I think we'll see a vet signing there before camp is over. Honestly all of my real worries for this roster are depth issues except OT.
Gotcha, but how many teams have a solid No. 4 CB?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:36 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 4089
Dphins4me wrote:
k-dash wrote:
[

Those 3 are more than solid. It's what's behind them that concerns. You know 1 or more of those guys will miss some time this year. Who you trotting out there? Iggy? I hope the coaching staff can get him on track but I don't have any reason to believe it until I see it. I think we'll see a vet signing there before camp is over. Honestly all of my real worries for this roster are depth issues except OT.
Gotcha, but how many teams have a solid No. 4 CB?


Point made, but do we even have a serviceable one, let alone solid? I mean, am I greedy to want more? It's still a depth concern and not a massive hole though, so we're better off than many teams.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 5:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 8194
k-dash wrote:
Point made, but do we even have a serviceable one, let alone solid? I mean, am I greedy to want more? It's still a depth concern and not a massive hole though, so we're better off than many teams.
Until they cut him, I still have to hope Igby and it was something Flores was doing to kill his confidence. One can hope.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r