All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here is where the Dolphins stand right now with the cap as they want to keep some back to sign a potential player who may get released before the season begins or an existing FA. I am thinking this is pre-Michel, so, deduct $2.1 million from that.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
The Dolphins must allocate only $3.3 million on their rookie draft class and a bit more to sign a practice squad. They entered the week with $19.9 million in cap space.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 12:38 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

"I think Gaskin and Ahmed will eventually be cut, which will create $3.4M in cap space."

I agree about Ahmed. I think Gaskin is worthy of a roster spot, but how are we going to carry four runningbacks? This doesn't even count Doaks or a blocking fullback. So, I may agree with you. However, given the injury history of all of these guys, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping four of them. Can Gaskin or Michel play special teams?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 1:13 pm 

Rich wrote:
"I think Gaskin and Ahmed will eventually be cut, which will create $3.4M in cap space."

I agree about Ahmed. I think Gaskin is worthy of a roster spot, but how are we going to carry four runningbacks? This doesn't even count Doaks or a blocking fullback. So, I may agree with you. However, given the injury history of all of these guys, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping four of them. Can Gaskin or Michel play special teams?

Something weird is going on here. It looks like I somehow edited Rich's post. He made the comment about Gaskin and Ahmed getting cut and I posted a response saying I agreed -- and now the entire thing looks like his post. There must be a bug in the forum.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 1:37 pm 

prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:

Something weird is going on here. It looks like I somehow edited Rich's post. He made the comment about Gaskin and Ahmed getting cut and I posted a response saying I agreed -- and now the entire thing looks like his post. There must be a bug in the forum.

I think you edited my post.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 2:38 pm 

Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:

I think you edited my post.

Right -- that is what it seems like. I forgot I had moderator privileges! I meant to quote it, but I must have hit "Edit" instead.

I didn't realize that moderators had this capability. I'll need to think about how to use it. I might edit C's posts to say something nice about Grier and Phinished's to say something good about Tua!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 2:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

How much does cutting Ahmed or Doaks save? I think Gaskin might be the odd man out depending on contract amount.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
How much does cutting Ahmed or Doaks save? I think Gaskin might be the odd man out depending on contract amount.

Mo money, mo problems.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]