All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 23951
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Dolphins seem happy with Deiter, and they are trying to be careful with their cap after their FA splurge, so, I don't see this happening unless they can get a good bargain ... and why would Tretter do that? I suppose it is possible since the position wasn't addressed in the draft.

Pro Football Focus wrote:
C J.C. Tretter: Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins didn’t have much to work with in the draft, but none of their four draft picks went toward the offensive line. That leaves Michael Deiter — PFF’s 27th-highest-graded center in 2021 — stepping back into the starting center role with little competition.

Tretter would serve as a significant upgrade after earning seven consecutive 80.0-plus PFF pass-blocking grades. He would also walk into a Mike McDaniel offense that is fairly similar to the one Tretter has operated in with Cleveland the last few seasons. Both offenses ran outside zone at an above-average clip with a fair amount of power and counter mixed in.


https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-10-free-ag ... -nfl-draft

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8652
Quote:
Well-regarded left guard Connor Williams, the free agent addition from the Dallas Cowboys, has been splitting his time between guard and center during the team’s offseason program and is now viewed as an option to play center if the team chooses to go in that direction, according to multiple sources. Williams took snaps at center in preseason for the Cowboys the past two years, and the Cowboys liked how it went.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:50 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 13482
Location: MA
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Well-regarded left guard Connor Williams, the free agent addition from the Dallas Cowboys, has been splitting his time between guard and center during the team’s offseason program and is now viewed as an option to play center if the team chooses to go in that direction, according to multiple sources. Williams took snaps at center in preseason for the Cowboys the past two years, and the Cowboys liked how it went.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy


This makes sense if the plan is Armstead - Eichenberg - Williams - Hunt - Jackson


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8652
jammer wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Well-regarded left guard Connor Williams, the free agent addition from the Dallas Cowboys, has been splitting his time between guard and center during the team’s offseason program and is now viewed as an option to play center if the team chooses to go in that direction, according to multiple sources. Williams took snaps at center in preseason for the Cowboys the past two years, and the Cowboys liked how it went.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy


This makes sense if the plan is Armstead - Eichenberg - Williams - Hunt - Jackson


Maybe the new scheme and coaching will allow that to happen.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:50 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 4089
Why turn a known into an unknown? We know Williams is a good guard. Leave him there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 23951
Location: Raleigh, NC
k-dash wrote:
Why turn a known into an unknown? We know Williams is a good guard. Leave him there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


That's my thoughts as well. Deiter did a decent job at center. Maybe they are looking to see if Connors is a viable backup to Deiter.

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r