All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:06 pm 

Quote:
1. Tua Tagovailoa - in the Red Zone - *based on success rate (EPA>0), min 50 att

With the injuries and inconsistencies in Miami’s offense in 2021, Tagovailoa was pretty successful when they were in close. In the red zone, he had the league’s best completion percentage (65.4%), third-best touchdown percentage (28.8%), second-lowest sack percentage (1.8%) and sixth-best passer rating (101.3).

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2022/ ... zone-2021/

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Team was 25th in RZ attempts.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:10 am 

FINesse wrote:
Team was 25th in RZ attempts.

You must be a hoot when marching in a parade because the knee jerk reaction to anything remotely positive about Tua is something to behold.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:37 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yea , im the life of the friggin party.
Look , its a stat , just does not tell the whole picture.
Have countless years of frustration gotten to me ... obviously yes.
But I have seen the case made for every QB we have signed now for 20+ years.
Its Bullcrap already.
This team has been stagnant.
Go out and win on Sunday.
We have stacked up this season , like others in the past.. im hoping this will be the one that works.
But forgive me if I dont buy into the hype anymore.
I have worn the aqua and orange glasses , i have driven the bus.
It has just fogged my vision and driven me off a cliff.
The only stat I really care about is our record and if we can win a super bowl..
Sorry , rings matter. Tough pill to swallow but they do.
When you have to pull meaningless stats for encouragement , there might be a problem.
I hope he succeeds but in this make it or break it season , if this team decides to go in another direction at the position next season , Tua will be dragged thru the slop like every other QB , player and coach before him that was hyped.
See you in the f'n chat room on Sundays.
We can have a parade.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:04 am 

FINesse wrote:
Yea , im the life of the friggin party.
Look , its a stat , just does not tell the whole picture.
Have countless years of frustration gotten to me ... obviously yes.
But I have seen the case made for every QB we have signed now for 20+ years.
Its Bullcrap already.
This team has been stagnant.
Go out and win on Sunday.
We have stacked up this season , like others in the past.. im hoping this will be the one that works.
But forgive me if I dont buy into the hype anymore.
I have worn the aqua and orange glasses , i have driven the bus.
It has just fogged my vision and driven me off a cliff.
The only stat I really care about is our record and if we can win a super bowl..
Sorry , rings matter. Tough pill to swallow but they do.
When you have to pull meaningless stats for encouragement , there might be a problem.
I hope he succeeds but in this make it or break it season , if this team decides to go in another direction at the position next season , Tua will be dragged thru the slop like every other QB , player and coach before him that was hyped.
See you in the f'n chat room on Sundays.
We can have a parade.

What it seems like is that you see no signs of hope for this team and if a possible reason for hope is expressed, it must be countered.

Maybe it is altruistic because others should be spared the pain of disappointment or maybe it is bitterness because of hurt feelings no one should feel good about the Phins or something else entirely but I hope it is cathartic or helpful in some way.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:52 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
1. Tua Tagovailoa - in the Red Zone - *based on success rate (EPA>0), min 50 att

With the injuries and inconsistencies in Miami’s offense in 2021, Tagovailoa was pretty successful when they were in close. In the red zone, he had the league’s best completion percentage (65.4%), third-best touchdown percentage (28.8%), second-lowest sack percentage (1.8%) and sixth-best passer rating (101.3).

Nice step forwards in his second year. QB progress is significant and I expect another jump this year. The team believes in him and has put the pieces around him (even though we do still need a legit RT) but fans just do not understand Tua's shiftiness in the pocket was for this team last year behind the worst offensive line BY FAR in the league. He bought time and didn't let the hits affect him (or the DeShawn Watson trade attempt). I still think he can be special in this league, but I do worry about him staying healthy. It took him a long time to get back from that hip injury, but it was a severe one.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Don’t forget that Tua is a millionaire athlete, he doesn’t need people online defending his honor. Why get so riled up over one comment that shows skepticism toward him? We all want the same end game for this team and none of our opinions on here will change that trajectory in anyway…if you’re for free speech, let it fly. Finesse makes good points. I’m looking forward to the season regardless, I just don’t understand all of the emotion over a QB. Unless you’re seeing a slice in his paycheck, you don’t have any skin in the game…relax

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:34 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Don’t forget that Tua is a millionaire athlete, he doesn’t need people online defending his honor. Why get so riled up over one comment that shows skepticism toward him? We all want the same end game for this team and none of our opinions on here will change that trajectory in anyway…if you’re for free speech, let it fly. Finesse makes good points. I’m looking forward to the season regardless, I just don’t understand all of the emotion over a QB. Unless you’re seeing a slice in his paycheck, you don’t have any skin in the game…relax

What is interesting and even mildly amusing is how some posters apparently project their own views onto posts which bear no resemblance to what was actually posted.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:49 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Gotta love stats. One can make them say anything, by selecting the perfect number. Why a min. of 50? What does this look like a 60? 70? 80? There is a reason 50 was selected and it was not by random.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQ, you go on the attack anytime someone says anything to rag on Tua, figured you may be distant cousins.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:00 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
AQ, you go on the attack anytime someone says anything to rag on Tua, figured you may be distant cousins.

Again making things up about my posts speaks about you not me. I believe at least through Noah we are related so that part is somewhat true.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:00 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I think there are a LOT of reasons to think that Tua is going to take a big step forward this year. We don't know his ceiling yet. If we get to the end of the year and it's not evident that we found our guy, then we're in a good position to do something about it next year. In the mean time, let's all root for our QB to be a genuine star even if we don't think he will be, because we're fans of the Dolphins more than we like to be right.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Again making things up about my posts speaks about you not me. I believe at least through Noah we are related so that part is somewhat true.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

For those offended by positive stats on Tua, don't fret because there are things he needs to work on that he was below average last year. I am confident that he will improve in all three areas.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
All the metrics with Tagovailoa indicate he needs to improve in three areas in particular: 1) throws under pressure and 2) intermediate throws. He ranked in the bottom third of the league in both areas and 3) durability. He has had 10 different injuries in the past four seasons. A better offensive line should help him stay upright.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]