All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

There were only 4 picks, so, the grades will not be great.

Draft Grades for the Miami Dolphins 2022 NFL Draft

Scroll past the images to the blog.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:34 pm 

Overall, I liked the draft. At LB, we took a player with a pretty high ceiling, due to his athleticism. In general, I like to shy away from athletic defensive players who didn't produce much, but in this case, Tindall was pretty effective when he played. It seems he just got caught in a numbers game on an excellent defense. So, he is somewhat inexperienced. His impact on the Dolphins is going to depend on whether his instincts are good enough to overcome that inexperience. If they aren't he will be a special teamer for at least a year until he gets enough practice reps for his mind to match his physical speed.

I am probably most excited about the WR, Ezukanma. People seem to be all over the board on him, but he looks like a playmaker to me. The biggest knock on him is dropped passes, but I can live with those if he makes big plays when he catches the ball. We need a WR with his size, and he even plays bigger than his actual size. I think he will contribute this year. Who knows what we have in Preston Williams, because he has definitely been a disappointment after that promising rookie year, but with our group of Hill, Waddle, Wilson, Bowden, and Ezukanma, we have both top end talent and promising depth.

While there were some OL that were available in the 7th, we picked up several as free agents, and there probably isn't much difference between them. So, I was fine picking a QB. Tua and Bridgewater are both injury prone, so we should be developing a third QB. Thompson is older, with a lot of experience, and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. So he should be serviceable in a pinch compared to what one usually expects from a late round rookie QB.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]