Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: Re: Tyreek Hill
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Now im liking the Bridgewater signing even more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well….

Why did he leave a great KC team? What is the missing part of the story?

If he is the Tyreek Hill he has been….great, but what is behind curtain #3?

Also…is our O line really much better yet?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:56 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Phinished wrote:
Well….

He wanted a new deal, believe he was on the last year of his deal and didn't think that was going to happen with KC.

Quote:
If he is the Tyreek Hill he has been….great, but what is behind curtain #3?

He's 28. In his prime.

Quote:
Also…is our O line really much better yet?

The left side definitely is. Need a center and right tackle or hope Eich makes a leap.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:59 pm 

I think the moves the Phins have made obviously means that there is no hope for the future.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:03 pm 

Quote:
If New York had pulled off the trade for Hill, this is what it would have looked like:

Chiefs receive: Two 2022 second-round picks (35th and 38th overall), one 2022 third-round pick (69th overall)
Jets receive: Tyreek Hill and a 2022 third-round pick (103rd overall)
Although the Jets didn't offer a first-round pick, you could argue that their offer was just as good as Miami's. If the Chiefs had done a deal with the Jets, they would have ended up with three of the first 38 picks in the 2022 NFL Draft. (Besides the 35th and 38th overall picks from the Jets, the Chiefs also would have had their own pick at 30th overall.)

The Chiefs liked the Jets' offer so much that they actually had a deal in place with both New York and Miami, according to ESPN.com. Once they agreed on the terms of a deal with each team, the Chiefs let Hill make the final decision on where he wanted to play and that's when the Dolphins were able to swoop in and steal the star receiver.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolp ... ll-pro-wr/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:04 pm 

AQNOR wrote:
I think the moves the Phins have made obviously means that there is no hope for the future.

Four players on offense that run sub 4.4 40s. Hill pulling double coverage off Waddle or both guys pulling coverage to the outside leaving Gesicki down the middle.

Nothing to get excited about.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:06 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Well….

He wanted a new deal, believe he was on the last year of his deal and didn't think that was going to happen with KC.
]

It wasn't going to happen with KC. They are too cap strapped with that albatross of a contract they gave to Mahomes.

That being said, they now have the 29th and 30th pick. They could easily move up into the middle of the first round and draft Hill's replacement. Very smart thinking on their part.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:05 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
It wasn't going to happen with KC. They are too cap strapped with that albatross of a contract they gave to Mahomes.

That being said, they now have the 29th and 30th pick. They could easily move up into the middle of the first round and draft Hill's replacement. Very smart thinking on their part.

Hill was a energize the fan base trade.

Two things I'm concerned about.

1: If you are going to trade for a PoS, then trade for Watson. QB is more valuable than a Wr.

2: Hill is a great talent, but if Jameson Williams falls to No. 29 or close, Then this trade is a huge bust IMO. I think Williams going to be a stud and would have cost less than Hill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Hill was a energize the fan base trade.

Two things I'm concerned about.

1: If you are going to trade for a PoS, then trade for Watson. QB is more valuable than a Wr.

2: Hill is a great talent, but if Jameson Williams falls to No. 29 or close, Then this trade is a huge bust IMO. I think Williams going to be a stud and would have cost less than Hill

Hill will be playing in a different uniform in 3 years.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:51 pm 

I am excited with all the speed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:02 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
I am excited with all the speed.

Yes, hopefully the OL, RB and WR additions and a new scheme translate into TUA being able to make use of all this speed...I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on the field when it counts...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I’m trying to figure where Hill and Waddle fit into this offense as they are both slot guys. I’m surprised by the trade. Definitely did not see this coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:52 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
I’m trying to figure where Hill and Waddle fit into this offense as they are both slot guys. I’m surprised by the trade. Definitely did not see this coming.

I can see Parker as the #1, Hill at #2 and Waddle in the slot. I would imagine we will see a lot of 3 WR sets, often with Gesicki at TE and a single back…..In theory, this should be the best set of pass catchers in the NFL. If Tua can not produce gaudy numbers with these guys, then it might be time to move on. I am still worried about pass protection and the line though. However, how many receivers will Miami have on the active roster? I see Preston Williams as Parker’s stand in….if Williams can stay healthy…..but why did they sign Wilson? I would have to think Hurns is gone. Maybe Bowden stays on as a multi-purpose weapon for McDaniel to use on occasion? Sherfield and others seem more like practice squad material. One of our tight ends has to be gone as well….maybe Shaheen?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:35 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phin wrote:

Pre-snap motion is gonna be a big part of our success.

Hill only played about 35% of last years snaps out of slot. I expect to see a lot of movement to get everyone open before we snap the ball. WR screens as well. My one concern is that the 49ers were adamant their WRs need to be willing blockers in the run game. Not sure how well this core will do at that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 am 

Phin wrote:

Hill is a wr1 imo not just a slot guy and neither is Waddle. Waddle is probably wr2 on team now. I would think both would run routes from the slot from time to time but I don't see them as primary slot guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:33 am 

Quote:
Hill ... In Miami, he'll slot in as a new No. 1 receiver for QB Tua Tagovailoa, opposite second-year man Jaylen Waddle.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chie ... t-rounder/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I feel much better that it is really a 3 year, $25 million/year contract rather than a 4 year, $30 million/year contract.

:))

PFT wrote:
Here are the actual details regarding the deal.

1. Signing bonus: $25.5 million.
2. 2022 base salary: $1.035 million, fully guaranteed.
3. 2023 offseason roster bonus: $10 million, fully guaranteed.
4. 2023 base salary: $16 million, fully guaranteed.
5. 2024 base salary: $19.665 million, fully guaranteed by March 2023.
6. 2025 offseason roster bonus: $1 million.
7. 2025 base salary: $21.835 million.
8. 2026 offseason roster bonus: $1 million.
9. 2026 base salary: $43.9 million.
10. 2022-26 workout bonuses: $100,000 per year.
11. 2022-26 Pro Bowl incentive: $250,000 per year.

The deal pays out $52.535 million fully guaranteed at signing, with another $19.665 million fully guaranteed by March 2023.

Described by some as a four-year, $120 million extension, the inflated compensation package of $45 million for the final year of the deal helps get the contract to a new-money average of $30 million. Remove that season (it undoubtedly will be removed), and it’s a three-year, $75 million extension. That equates to a new-money average of $25 million.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... hill-deal/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:15 am 

AQNOR wrote:
Phin wrote:

Hill is a wr1 imo not just a slot guy and neither is Waddle. Waddle is probably wr2 on team now. I would think both would run routes from the slot from time to time but I don't see them as primary slot guys.

I think McDaniel is going to have to pull a "Shula" with this offense. Shula ran a run-heavy offense when he had Griese as his QB with Csonka, Kiick, and Morris in the backfield. Then, when he got Marino and the Mark brothers, the Dolphins became a prolific passing offense.

McDaniel has had dominant rushing teams in SF. But given our fast but small backs, a tight-end who doesn't block, and two speedy 5'10, 180 pound receivers ... this offense is going to be very different than what he had in SF.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:27 am 

As important as the speed and talent will be:

1. Play design - this is supposedly McDaniel's strength
2. Playcalling - we're not sure what we have here yet
3. Chemistry - also supposed to be a McDaniel strength
4. Injuries - always the big x factor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:37 am 

Quote:
People would be shocked at the unbelievable amount of effort that went into this,”
@DrewJRosenhaus
told
@JoeRoseShow

Said Chris Grier and Brandon Shore worked on the deal for weeks.

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/15 ... 6548523009

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:57 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

prof123 wrote:
I think McDaniel is going to have to pull a "Shula" with this offense. Shula ran a run-heavy offense when he had Griese as his QB with Csonka, Kiick, and Morris in the backfield. Then, when he got Marino and the Mark brothers, the Dolphins became a prolific passing offense.

That’s the most alluring quality about Mike…he isn’t a jock-coach stuck in his ways, he’s an academic nerd obsessed with the game. Hopefully his creative mind can go crazy all over Miami’s chessboard…the biggest downside to him from my perspective is if we lose a string of games in bad fashion, I see it very difficult for a guy like him to keep the locker room intact.

He needs success and relatively quick out the gate to maintain morale or all of these high tag guys we’ve added the last week will just be sitting complacent on easy money & losing football games regardless.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:20 am 

Serious question: If Tua takes a 5-step drop and then throws it downfield as far as he can, while Hill runs a go route, could Tua overthrow him? If the dropback takes 2 to 3 seconds and the ball is in the air for another 3 seconds, I'm guessing that Hill would outrun the pass. But, I made up those numbers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:39 am 

prof123 wrote:
Serious question: If Tua takes a 5-step drop and then throws it downfield as far as he can, while Hill runs a go route, could Tua overthrow him? If the dropback takes 2 to 3 seconds and the ball is in the air for another 3 seconds, I'm guessing that Hill would outrun the pass. But, I made up those numbers.

Tua has shown he can throw a ball that travels 60+ yards thru the air. The underthrown TD pass to Mack Hollins that everyone gives Tua crap for actually had a velocity about as fast as a Jordan Love throw. I think the ability to throw deep and with decent velocity is there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:20 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Seems like this team is being built for the next QB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:36 am 

Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:

Tua has shown he can throw a ball that travels 60+ yards thru the air. The underthrown TD pass to Mack Hollins that everyone gives Tua crap for actually had a velocity about as fast as a Jordan Love throw. I think the ability to throw deep and with decent velocity is there.

I want so much for you to be right here, and maybe you are. Not all 60-yard throws look the same, though, and I don't think Tua's would be on a rope. After the drop-back, a 60-yard throw would be about 55 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. In 5.5 seconds, Hill would be beyond that point. This is as much about Hill's speed as it is about Tua's arm. There might only be a handful of QBs (Rodgers, Mahommes, Allen, etc.) who could overthrow him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:

I want so much for you to be right here, and maybe you are. Not all 60-yard throws look the same, though, and I don't think Tua's would be on a rope. After the drop-back, a 60-yard throw would be about 55 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. In 5.5 seconds, Hill would be beyond that point. This is as much about Hill's speed as it is about Tua's arm. There might only be a handful of QBs (Rodgers, Mahommes, Allen, etc.) who could overthrow him.

Here are 6 passes that should change your mind about his armstrength. If not, then you just don't like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0KGq1P5MEo

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:57 am 

prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:

No QB throws a 60 yard pass on a rope. There is no throw on a take off, flag or double move that involves throwing a rope unless in the rare event that a defender falls down or coverage is busted and you just want to get the ball there as fast as possible.. These are usually touch throws with an arc where the ball needs to get over the defender to drop into the receiver's hands.

Now if you want to talk about a 15 yard out or a 20 yard in, yeah those need to be on a rope because you're throwing in between defenders.

I challenge you to find one single lets say... 40+ yard throw on a rope.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:15 pm 

Big Dave wrote:
prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:

Here are 6 passes that should change your mind about his armstrength. If not, then you just don't like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0KGq1P5MEo

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

The video wasn't viewable. You've got me wrong, though, if you don't think I like him. I like Tua a lot! I preferred Herbert over Tua back on draft day, but once he got here, I've been a full-blown supporter. I love his accuracy, work ethic, intelligence, leadership, and intangibles. I just don't think he has a cannon for an arm, and that's okay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:16 pm 

prof123 wrote:
The video wasn't viewable. You've got me wrong, though, if you don't think I like him. I like Tua a lot! I preferred Herbert over Tua back on draft day, but once he got here, I've been a full-blown supporter. I love his accuracy, work ethic, intelligence, leadership, and intangibles. I just don't think he has a cannon for an arm, and that's okay.

If you click on the link, you can watch it.

Also, people comparing him to Chad Pennington need to watch this video. Pennington's deep ball was literally a wounded duck. No, Tua isn't Mahomes, but he does have a super quick release that can compensate for the additional time it takes the ball to arrive at its target.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:46 pm 

Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:

No QB throws a 60 yard pass on a rope. There is no throw on a take off, flag or double move that involves throwing a rope unless in the rare event that a defender falls down or coverage is busted and you just want to get the ball there as fast as possible.. These are usually touch throws with an arc where the ball needs to get over the defender to drop into the receiver's hands.

Now if you want to talk about a 15 yard out or a 20 yard in, yeah those need to be on a rope because you're throwing in between defenders.

I challenge you to find one single lets say... 40+ yard throw on a rope.

You guys are reading too much into my question, and thou protesteth too much. It was a yes/no question, not a disguised way of criticizing Tua's arm. My point about the throw not being on a rope meant that it takes a while for the pass to go 60 yards, which means Hill is further downfield.

As I said, there are very few QBs who I think could overthrow Hill under those circumstances. You can point out that the scenario is unrealistic in an NFL game situation, or acknowledge that Hill is that fast, or dispute the times I gave for the drop-back or the flight time, etc. Rather, you chose to defend Tua's arm strength -- don't be so defensive!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:03 pm 

Tua isn't Mahomes

No one is anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:41 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Someone is already in Miami. I guess he is here for his physical which he needs to pass.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:49 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Can you see him running between our new LT and LG, and with our new FB leading the way?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:55 pm 

Interesting article here about why Hill ended up with the Dolphins. BAsically it had to be a team with lots of draft capital who did not have an expensive QB or expensive WR.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/03/nfl-ty ... arsely-api

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:14 pm 

prof123 wrote:
You guys are reading too much into my question, and thou protesteth too much. It was a yes/no question, not a disguised way of criticizing Tua's arm. My point about the throw not being on a rope meant that it takes a while for the pass to go 60 yards, which means Hill is further downfield.

As I said, there are very few QBs who I think could overthrow Hill under those circumstances. You can point out that the scenario is unrealistic in an NFL game situation, or acknowledge that Hill is that fast, or dispute the times I gave for the drop-back or the flight time, etc. Rather, you chose to defend Tua's arm strength -- don't be so defensive!

Has C been Fed Exing you the good crap? And how much of it are you smoking a day?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:58 pm 

prof123 wrote:

Yno but I just made it up. : )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:29 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I was curious, so I just looked at the draft trade value chart to figure out what Grier gave up for Tyreek Hill. (I used the Miami 2022 draft slots for the projected 2023 draft slots. I'm presuming they'll actually be worse.)

2022:
1st--29 = 640
2nd--50 = 400
4th--121= 52

2023:
4th--121 = 52
6th--196 = 11.4

Total Value = 1155.4

Pick #13 = 1150

So basically, the 13th pick in the draft for Tyreek Hill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:52 pm 

Correct. He’s a proven WR with rare speed in his prime.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:44 pm 

prof123 wrote:

So I found a stat that said most qbs in the NFL can throw a football over 50 miles per hour and Drew Brees was clocked at 52 miles per hour. https://www.sportsrec.com/6938474/maxim ... a-football

So take 6 seconds. Hills 40 time is 4.29 seconds another 1.71 seconds how much further does he travel a bit under 60 yards? Cross multiply and you get another 15.94 yards if he maintains the same speed. 56 yards in 6 seconds. ( Does he run the 40 time slower in pads and cleats on a football field?)

At 52 miles per hour ( can Tua throw faster than Drew Brees i have no idea) it will take an object about 2 seconds to travel 60 yards now I don't know how this works as I would think the football would slow down some at the end of the throw and don't know how to account for that.

Three seconds to drop back if ball is going 52 miles an hour the whole time in a straight line then 2 seconds to get there however most long throws have an arc so not sure how to account for that .

https://www.timecalculator.net/speed-di ... calculator

So maybe Hill and the ball get to 60 yards marker at about the same time?

That's what I am hoping for.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:12 am 

AQNOR wrote:
prof123 wrote:

So I found a stat that said most qbs in the NFL can throw a football over 50 miles per hour and Drew Brees was clocked at 52 miles per hour. https://www.sportsrec.com/6938474/maxim ... a-football

So take 6 seconds. Hills 40 time is 4.29 seconds another 1.71 seconds how much further does he travel a bit under 60 yards? Cross multiply and you get another 15.94 yards if he maintains the same speed. 56 yards in 6 seconds. ( Does he run the 40 time slower in pads and cleats on a football field?)

I don't think it will take Hill 6 seconds to run 56 yards. Once he gets to top speed he will be running 10 yards in less than a second. (Kind of like the fact that top sprinters can run the 200 meter race in less than twice their 100 meter time). I wondered about the speed of a football, too. The speed coming out of the hand is very different than horizontal yards traveled per second, because the farther the pass, the greater the launch angle. (A MLB pitcher can throw 100 miles per hour for 90 feet, but an outfielder throwing to home plate from the fence can't do that, because the ball has to go higher.)

So, if they would get there at the same time using your calculations, Hill would outrun the pass with these two factors included. IMO, anyway.

At 52 miles per hour ( can Tua throw faster than Drew Brees i have no idea) it will take an object about 2 seconds to travel 60 yards now I don't know how this works as I would think the football would slow down some at the end of the throw and don't know how to account for that.

Three seconds to drop back if ball is going 52 miles an hour the whole time in a straight line then 2 seconds to get there however most long throws have an arc so not sure how to account for that .

https://www.timecalculator.net/speed-di ... calculator

So maybe Hill and the ball get to 60 yards marker at about the same time?

That's what I am hoping for.

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next