All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7428
Location: El Paso, TX.


Quote:
The news was announced by Mostert's agent, Brett Tessler, and reportedly involves a one-year deal for $3.125 million.


More Here: https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-sign-running-back-raheem-mostert

_________________
RIP Tom
RIP Tone


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 8373
Was afraid of this signing and IMO proves Grier will get the players a coach wants. See a bunch of RB, but not a stud RB or one I think Miami can depend on.

I see both Edmonds and Mostert mirrors of Gaskin, who I believe with the right coach can be a quality RB that people want.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1259
At $3.1 million, this is a value signing that could pay off if Mostert gets healthy. The downside is not the money -- rather it is the possibility that we think we have the position addressed sufficiently. We have a bunch of small, quick backs. If at least one of them is healthy for each game, they seem interchangeable, and any one of them can be the third down back. However, we still need a big back. I'm sure we will address it -- we aren't going to repeat the same mistake we made last year, or the year before that, or the year before that.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 24948
Location: Raleigh, NC
prof123 wrote:
At $3.1 million, this is a value signing that could pay off if Mostert gets healthy. The downside is not the money -- rather it is the possibility that we think we have the position addressed sufficiently. We have a bunch of small, quick backs. If at least one of them is healthy for each game, they seem interchangeable, and any one of them can be the third down back. However, we still need a big back. I'm sure we will address it -- we aren't going to repeat the same mistake we made last year, or the year before that, or the year before that.


I agree, prof. He's also 29 (30 next month). I will be disappointed if we do not draft a big back in the draft. I like the signing, but we need a big back as well.

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 8373
Big Dave wrote:

I agree, prof. He's also 29 (30 next month). I will be disappointed if we do not draft a big back in the draft. I like the signing, but we need a big back as well.

I actually hate the signing and not because I do not like Mostert. I just do not grasp it.

Maybe they are trying to trade Gaskin, but I've seen enough of Gaskin to believe he has the ability if used properly to be a back just like the two Miami has just spend large amounts on. They just played on better teams W/ better blocking and coaching. Gaskin has speed, elusive in the open field and can catch out of the backfield, but he is just not a back ( Neither are these two ) that run the ball 20 times every week or move a pile on 3rd & 1 or on the goal line.

As for a big back. With these signing I do not believe Miami will go RB before the 5th Rd, if at all. Doaks might be the big back, cause Grier did not expose him to being poach last yr.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 24948
Location: Raleigh, NC
Schad ranked Mostert as the 22nd best Dolphin in 2022. We have to hope that he can come back to that severe knee injury he had which caused him to miss every game but the first one last year.

Joe Schad (Palm Beach Post) wrote:
In the past 50 years, no NFL running back with a minimum of 200 carries has averaged more yards per carry than Raheem Mostert of the Dolphins.

No. NFL. Running back.

Mostert, averaging 5.67 yards on 284 career carries, is incredibly effective when he's healthy and lining up in an NFL backfield.

"Speed kills," says Dolphins first-year offensive tackle Terron Armstead. And Mostert, when available, is as fast as any running back.

If you're curious about some of the other players who have averaged 5.2 or more yards per carry since 1971, the list includes Bo Jackson, Jamaal Charles and Jonathan Taylor.


https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 453427001/

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8986
Big Dave wrote:
Schad ranked Mostert as the 22nd best Dolphin in 2022. We have to hope that he can come back to that severe knee injury he had which caused him to miss every game but the first one last year.

Joe Schad (Palm Beach Post) wrote:
In the past 50 years, no NFL running back with a minimum of 200 carries has averaged more yards per carry than Raheem Mostert of the Dolphins.

No. NFL. Running back.

Mostert, averaging 5.67 yards on 284 career carries, is incredibly effective when he's healthy and lining up in an NFL backfield.

"Speed kills," says Dolphins first-year offensive tackle Terron Armstead. And Mostert, when available, is as fast as any running back.

If you're curious about some of the other players who have averaged 5.2 or more yards per carry since 1971, the list includes Bo Jackson, Jamaal Charles and Jonathan Taylor.


https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 453427001/


No mention of Mercury Morris ypc come on man (NFL sports writer)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r