View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 A Gem from John Clayton 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post A Gem from John Clayton
I'm sure the Sanchez vs Henne debate is getting old for some but I heard John Clayton, the so called professor, give his take. His argument was that he thinks Sanchez has more upside because he only started 16 games in college and therefore we haven't seen everything he can offer. He followed that up by saying that Henne starting 4 years in college has shown us everything he has, therefore limiting his upside. The conclusion is Sanchez is the better alternative with the brightest future.

By this logic Sanchez must be the best young QB out there because Henne, Flacco and Ryan were all 4 year starters.

Not sure why I bother with ESPN anymore.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:05 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: A Gem from John Clayton
Or by the same logic, I'm better than all of them! I didn't even play in college, so my upside must be limitless. I bet I can get the Raiders to draft me!

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:37 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't put much if any stock in what these guys say anyways. Even if they said Henne was better, it doesn't make it true. The facts will bear out on the field. If all these guys did was report what has already happened, they wouldn't have jobs for long. They make a living on speculating, spreading rumors, opining, and creating meaningless arguments. Welcome to the media

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:52 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Can some reporter / analyst / anyone in the sports media please say something positive & kiss a player on the Dolphins butt so we can finally praise somebody for just doing their job.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:05 pm

FINesse wrote:
Can some reporter / analyst / anyone in the sports media please say something positive & kiss a player on the Dolphins butt so we can finally praise somebody for just doing their job.

Ron Jaworski feels like we're the best team in the division, that Davone Bess is one of the better WR's in football and that Chad Henne WILL be, if not already, a top 10 QB.
:yay: Lol.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Well I dont know about Henne being a top 10 WR Phins Rock but he should be a pretty good QB.

My post comes from the frustration of annointing Sanchez before he has done anything. Its getting old. These guys at ESPN do kiss rear ends.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:37 pm

jammer wrote:
Well I dont know about Henne being a top 10 WR Phins Rock but he should be a pretty good QB.

My post comes from the frustration of annointing Sanchez before he has done anything. Its getting old. These guys at ESPN do kiss rear ends.

Lol. My bad. Fixed it.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It's all a bunch of crap and a crap shoot at the same time. Where were all of these guys when Dan was drated at #27? It doesn't matter what they think, just what happens on the field.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:21 pm

vafinfan wrote:
It's all a bunch of crap and a crap shoot at the same time. Where were all of these guys when Dan was drated at #27? It doesn't matter what they think, just what happens on the field.

exactly

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:31 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
By this logic Sanchez must be the best young QB out there because Henne, Flacco and Ryan were all 4 year starters.

I agree, this is ridiculous analysis by Clayton.

I am not sure who the better quarterback is. Sanchez was a top pick in last year's draft, but does not have a lot of game experience. Henne has a lot of game experience, and was able to show off his skills for 4 years. This is why Parcells/Ireland drafted him. Based on what I have seen from them both, I would rather have Henne at the moment. Sanchez has some very dangerous moments due to his lack of experience.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:26 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:

I agree, this is ridiculous analysis by Clayton.

I am not sure who the better quarterback is. Sanchez was a top pick in last year's draft, but does not have a lot of game experience. Henne has a lot of game experience, and was able to show off his skills for 4 years. This is why Parcells/Ireland drafted him. Based on what I have seen from them both, I would rather have Henne at the moment. Sanchez has some very dangerous moments due to his lack of experience.

I agree, but Sanchez did out perform Henne last week imo.....
I can't stand ESPN.....Berman(Jet Fan) Jackson Chris Carter and Meshon are just bad....

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Ron Jaworski feels like we're the best team in the division, that Davone Bess is one of the better WR's in football and that Chad Henne WILL be, if not already, a top 10 QB.
:yay: Lol.

Jaws is a dimwit most the time too. Like I said, these are just opinions that have no bearing on reality. When it plays out on the field, then we will know who is better.
For the record, this year, Jets and Sanchez 1, Henne and the Phins 0.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

kev1321 wrote:
I agree, but Sanchez did out perform Henne last week imo.....

He won, but I'm not sure he was the better QB. He caught a few breaks. Should have been a multi-INT game. Based on his first three games its only a matter of time before he has an implosion game.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Talking about media biased......Everytime the Steelers are on tv the commentators make a point of saying how great Steeler Fans travel on the road..blah blah blah........

Yet they are always in the bottom of the league in attendance...24th 2009 25th 2008....They don't even sell at home for christ-sake .....Oh and they supposedly hold some sellout record.....Buy a seat and stay home!!!!!!!We'll just catch the next road game

Hienz field 2007.....Avg. att 62,084.......Capacity 65,050 seats ...That's a sellout!!!!And that's a recent Super bowl winner!!!!!!!!Shitty fans...

And everytime i see a Phin road game the stands are full of aqua jersey's...Example Viking game....Nothing said

ESPN blows

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:23 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Eleven teams drew more than 1.1 million paid attendance home and away during the regular season, led by Washington (1,264,890). The others were: New York Giants (1,187,915), New York Jets (1,171,564), Miami (1,156,762), Kansas City (1,145,938), New England (1,131,027), Buffalo (1,129,052), Denver (1,120,996), Philadelphia (1,120,090), Green Bay (1,112,753) and Carolina (1,100,147).

http://news.steelers.com/article/88051

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]