View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Hyde5: Parcells made issue of Marshall's stamina, too 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Hyde5: Parcells made issue of Marshall's stamina, too
Quote:
By Dave Hyde October 1, 2010 06:50 AM1. Let's not dismiss questions over Brandon Marshall's conditioning as raised by the NFL Network's Mike Mayock, Solomon Wilcots and Sterling Sharpe. This evidently has been a question about Marshall in the inner circles of the game.

How do I know that?

By the one word Bill Parcells would say to Marshall when they'd cross paths this summer.

"Stamina,'' Parcells would say.

Parcells is a masterful button-pusher. He condenses the issue around a player to a quick thought in a way to motivate or question them.

"You got anything left?" he said to Jason Taylor when they first met.

"Know who you are,'' is the line he gives to Patrick Cobbs.

He put a gas tank in Ricky WIlliams' locker last year to ask if he had any gas left in his tank.

So the fact Parcells made "stamina" his one-word barb to Marshall says it has been a question before the NFL Network crew raised it after the Jets game. Now, Marshall had 10 catches for 166 yards, so it wasn't like he didn't have reason to be tired. Still ...

"Go get the ball! Go get the ball!" Wilcots said about a final series' throw to Marshall as Mayock said, "I know he's tired. I know he's gassed. But his hand doesn't even go up. He doesn't jump."

Stamina?

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... ot_be.html

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]