View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Nolan on the concept of flipping corners 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Nolan on the concept of flipping corners
Quote:
“I think it’s important you match people up,” Nolan said. “You don’t do it every game. Some games right and left is just the way to go because there is not a big difference between the two guys on offense. But if there is a difference there …

“Sometimes it has to do with the difference in your two [cornerbacks]. Sometimes it’s a scheme issue. Sometimes it’s a player issue. There are a lot of things that come into play on it. But I do believe it’s something you want to look at each week when you are game planning for an opponent. I’d like to think of us as a game-plan unit, which I think is important.”

When asked about the play of his starting outside linebackers Cameron Wake and Koa Misi, Nolan said: “To the degree that they are playing I’ve been pleased with it, but they’ve got a ways to go. They don’t always do things the correct way, but they are both good football players and that’s why they are on the field. Good players will overcome some bad situations every now and then and that’s what they’ve done thus far more than not.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... -jets.html

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]