View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Marshall takes shot at NFL Network 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Marshall takes shot at NFL Network
Wow...I don't know if I like this...
Quote:
Brandon Marshall to NFL Network analysts who ripped him: "Those guys were not elite players, including Sterling Sharpe."

http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/26004186913

Quote:
Brandon Marshall NOT happy with Sterling Sharpe's criticism of his conditioning on #NFL Network.

Quote:
Marshall said Sterling Sharpe knows better than to take a shot like that as a former player, was not an elite player.

Quote:
After media session, Marshall: "That's gonna be all over #NFL Network soon." True. Reiterated he was upset w criticism. #Dolphins

http://twitter.com/KLV760

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Marshall takes shot at NFL Network
He deserves to be upset. To heck with NFL analysts that sit around just criticizing guys. At first, the "C'mon man" portion of ESPN's countdown was funny, but I feel like it's just piling on to what a player already knows was either a dumb play or just flat out embarrassing.

Was Sterling Sharpe elite? It's debatable, but Marshall is one of the best and he's already upset with himself for the loss and frustrated for being out of shape. These old guys don't need to sit around piling on...get a real job.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Get em B. Marsh! He'll think twice before doing it again.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:32 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

This is a guy who came into a system knowing darn well he was going to be used & abused. Not only will he have those lack luster days of alot of blocking, alot of drawing guys away from the line and not putting up numbers and points. But he is also the guy across the middle, the # 1 target of our offense and their defense...

Sorry, but thats as elite as it gets... Even Marshall ripped himself after the game being disappointed for not outrunning a defender and for slipping when he had a clear line to the endzone behind him...

The guy earns his pay as far as Im concerned. Him and Dansby have already showed their worth to me.. Just stay healthy and keep playing..

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:49 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Iowafin wrote:
He deserves to be upset. To heck with NFL analysts that sit around just criticizing guys. At first, the "C'mon man" portion of ESPN's countdown was funny, but I feel like it's just piling on to what a player already knows was either a dumb play or just flat out embarrassing.

Was Sterling Sharpe elite? It's debatable, but Marshall is one of the best and he's already upset with himself for the loss and frustrated for being out of shape. These old guys don't need to sit around piling on...get a real job.

I think he deserves criticism, but not in this capacity. There were a lot more things wrong with our team on Sunday night than a 4 play breather by Marshall.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:40 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's easy to be on the sideline and think you have all the answers.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well...I sure wish Marshall had not been gassed that last series. When he caught the big pass to put us in scoring position, I yelled out "TD" because I couldn't imagine he wasn't going to score when he caught the ball with a lot of open space in front of him and the end zone in sight...

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Here's the video...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:27 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Big Dave wrote:
It's easy to be on the sideline and think you have all the answers.

Its even easier inside an ESPN sports studio when you have no game left. :)

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Well from that video, other than the little shot at the end he takes at Sterling, I don't have any problem with what he said. I think Bmarsh conducted himself quite professionally, and with a smile on his face. And too be honest, what he said about Sharpe, while perhaps not the friendliest of comments, isn't really all that off the mark. He merely dished back what was being sent his way. If Sharpe can't handle getting it handed back, then he shouldn't dish it in the first place.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:09 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I remember Sterling Sharpe being one of the top receivers in the NFL in his day. In fact, I looked up his stats and he had comparable stats to Marshall until he injured his neck.

So far I am very happy with Brandon Marshall. I wish we'd gone one more time at him in the end zone at the end.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Brandon Marshall saw his failures and exposed them himself. No need to beat a dead horse that was killed by the one being criticized.

But in all honesty, the guy is getting his receptions, gaining his yards but he NEEDS to FIND the End Zone. He needs to force his way passed the goal line. We need his YAC ability to break a big one.

BTW Henne needs to work on his touch on fade routes. My only complain about Henne so far this season. And if he had some touch on his fade passes BEAST would have 3 touchdowns this season.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:29 am
Profile WWW

He threw a heck of a fade pass to Hartline...3 times. I think Henne's problem is throwing against a 38. He's not seeing the open man.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:37 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Really? I've seen most of his Fade passes float over the intended target. He has rocket arm syndrome IMO. Atleast it's going over heads and not into defenders hands.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

B. Marshall plays with heart and intensity, you can tell by his actions on the field. WHat do they want from this guy? They act like he's R. Moss, who is a sissy.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:26 am

There is a long list of primadonna receivers & noe we have ours. Just get on the field & on Sunday show us otherwise. Its just a matter of time before they start to act up & it seems Marshall is no different than Moss , TO , etc. Lets use him as best we can while he is here & hopefully he can bring success to this team before his act gets to old & a perting of the ways is mutual.
Sterling Sharpe was on his way to greatness before the injury but I also remember him sounding off just like the rest of these guys. He was not one to keep his thoughts to himself.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]