All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

As it stands right now, I would make Kenneth Walker our first round pick. If you're going to wait for a back to fall to you, someone is going to leap over you for him. I'd reach a little just as we thought it was important to reach for offensive linemen. With a less than healthy Derrick Henry, the Titans relied on Tannehill to carry them and it changed the team.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
After inexplicably bypassing the position in the past two drafts, could the Dolphins possibly do it again? That would be grounds for re-assigning general manager Chris Grier to sales and marketing.

Whether any of the draft’s backs are worthy of a pick late in the first round is questionable. The top draft analysts for the networks that carry the draft — ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. and NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah — don’t have a running back in the first round.

But there are a couple — Michigan State’s Kenneth Walker and perhaps Iowa State’s Breece Hall — who could be off the board before Miami’s second round pick. The Athletic’s Dane Brugler has Walker 37th and Hall 62nd and said a late-first round pick could be justified for Walker.

Grier must display as much urgency in acquiring one of the draft’s top backs as he showed in trading up eight spots last April to take Eichenberg.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:59 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

There is some good depth in this draft. I don't think you have to reach for a name.

I like Isaiah Spiller and Breece Hall, but there are other quality guys to be had on Day 2.

Not sure Walker is a complete back. Hall and Spiller appear to have better receiving and blocking skills.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:07 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

The gameplan for the Dolphins should be as follows:

1. Add at least two upgrades at offensive line in free agency. This should not be difficult to do given how bad the unit is. The goal is to AT MINIMUM get the offensive line to a mediocre state and obviously optimally build it to be a good unit. But even mediocre is a sizeable improvement over the unit we saw in 2021.

2. Find one more target for Tua. There are several options in free agency. Bring back Gesicki and build around Tua and Waddle.

3. Find that running back in the draft that can make a mediocre offensive line look better.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:15 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:

1. Add at least two upgrades at offensive line in free agency. This should not be difficult to do given how bad the unit is. The goal is to AT MINIMUM get the offensive line to a mediocre state and obviously optimally build it to be a good unit. But even mediocre is a sizeable improvement over the unit we saw in 2021.

2. Find one more target for Tua. There are several options in free agency. Bring back Gesicki and build around Tua and Waddle.

3. Find that running back in the draft that can make a mediocre offensive line look better.

After we find a coach that wants to come here and well... coach, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:26 am 

The Don wrote:
Rich wrote:

After we find a coach that wants to come here and well... coach, right?

Meh, coaches are overrated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Personally I don’t see the need for out first pick to be a RB. I don’t value first round running backs unless you already are a player or two away from a super bowl. I think there is value always to be had in rounds 3-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:36 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phin wrote:
Personally I don’t see the need for out first pick to be a RB. I don’t value first round running backs unless you already are a player or two away from a super bowl. I think there is value always to be had in rounds 3-5.

For every Jonathan Taylor there is a Beanie Wells.

I personally see Miami going the FA route this yr on a back. You have Ronald Jones, Fournette, Rashard Perry, Michel, Mack, Conner.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]