All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If I were Parker, why would I restructure after seeing what the Dolphins did to LB Benardrick McKinney? Maybe a trade is possible, but who would give $8.7 million to a receiver who cannot gain separation and misses a few games each year? I think we keep him another season but upgrade our #2 WR position and bump him down to a #3 WR. Parker has good hands and ball awareness, and he showed valuable with Tua in key situations.

Alain Poupart (SI.com) wrote:
Q: Would you keep Parker next season $8.7M against cap but $5.4M in dead money if released. Restructure?

ALAIN POUPART: Hey Dennis, a restructure would be ideal, but that would require Parker agreeing, which obviously isn’t a sure thing. One other option is releasing Parker with a post-June 1 designation, which lower the deal money to $2.7 million. But if you’re going to dump Parker for salary-cap reasons, you better have somebody to replace him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... f-and-more

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:41 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

No reason to move on from him. Miami has more than enough money to fortify other areas and keep him at his current contract. Waddle and a new addition should be primary WR targets, and an expanded role for Gesicki should be on tap. Parker is a nice #3 WR at this point, albeit an expensive one.

Last edited by jammer on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:48 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'd keep him. Cutting is useless and doubt he would restructure. Trade is a possibility depending on who we pickup. I'd offer him to Atlanta in exchange for Calvin Ridley if they have any interest. Might have to add a pick to that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:05 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Parker can hardly ever be relied on to stay healthy. So for me he’s a two edged sword. I think at this point in his career, he can’t be asked to be the #1 guy anymore. Not a reliable person to be there when/if he’s called upon.

I think that guy is Waddle now.

Parker at that sort of money seems expensive, but if we can put him in the #3 WR role, if we pick up someone else, and hopefully we do instead of just doing the same ol’ same ol’ and hoping him and Waddle alone can do it… assuming we kick Fuller’s rear end to the streets… RIP finger… I could live with a Waddle / really solid #2 guy / Parker.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:29 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

vcu2000 wrote:
I'd keep him. Cutting is useless and doubt he would restructure. Trade is a possibility depending on who we pickup. I'd offer him to Atlanta in exchange for Calvin Ridley if they have any interest. Might have to add a pick to that.

That seems viable, but Atl. is not going to get rewarded value for Ridley. Getting Parker is about as much value as they should expect. Do not see a team giving up even a 3rd for a player that walked away from the team.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:00 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I designate him a June 1st cut and work on replacing him. Why keep an overpriced player that can’t get open? Sure he can make some circus catches, but we need guys who gain separation.
Parker has been a disappointment over his career, he never reached his potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:02 am 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

A better question would be do we resign Mike G. It would cost us quite a bit I'm sure. I just don't think that he plays at the level for that kind of money.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:25 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinsforever wrote:
A better question would be do we resign Mike G. It would cost us quite a bit I'm sure. I just don't think that he plays at the level for that kind of money.

I agree, but I do wonder with better QB play ( AKA Better Protection ), better running game would he blossom?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:35 pm 

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinsforever wrote:

I agree, but I do wonder with better QB play ( AKA Better Protection ), better running game would he blossom?

That could possibly be the answer. I think we would be wise to make his contract more incentive laden. We wouldn't have to let him go a few years with a lot of money tied up in him. The problem right now is that Waddle is Tua's security blanket.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:20 pm 

I don't understand all these #1, #2, #3 designations. We just need good receivers, whatever we call them. I think we keep Parker unless we think we can sign a free agent wide receiver for $5 million per year who we think is just as good (and I don't see that happening). We should do what we did last year when we spent $10 M on a receiver -- just pick one who is healthy this time. Then Waddle, Parker, Newbie, Gesicki, and a couple of our younger guys would be a decent group.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:42 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Seems like it's cheaper overall to keep him. Letting him go will cost more because the replacement plus dead money would probably be more costly. Add in the familiarity with Parker and I'd keep him for at least next season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:48 pm 

prof123 wrote:
I don't understand all these #1, #2, #3 designations. We just need good receivers, whatever we call them. I think we keep Parker unless we think we can sign a free agent wide receiver for $5 million per year who we think is just as good (and I don't see that happening). We should do what we did last year when we spent $10 M on a receiver -- just pick one who is healthy this time. Then Waddle, Parker, Newbie, Gesicki, and a couple of our younger guys would be a decent group.

You still will have to spend quite a bit just to retain Gesicki.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 am 

Phinsforever wrote:
prof123 wrote:

You still will have to spend quite a bit just to retain Gesicki.

Yeah, I said $60 million would go for those five guys, which is an average of $12 million. You think it will take more than that? I sure hope not. He needs to get better separation (like a WR) or block better (like a TE) to be paid that well. One-handed catches that make the crowd ooh and ah are not enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Parker is a good WR when he decides to play and when the QB can get the ball to him. In the red zone, you need guys like Gesicki and Parker. If the coaches can’t design a scheme to take advantage of those targets, nor create an O line to give time for a QB to find them, then we tend to think the WR or TE is underachieving….but give those weapons to Brady….or Herbert…..or Carr…..and their stats would improve markedly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
Parker is a good WR when he decides to play and when the QB can get the ball to him.

I think this is true. He seemed to stay healthy with Fitzpatrick when he was throwing balls to him. This year he could be heard telling Tua on the sideline to just throw up to him that he'll catch it. I'd be telling him to work on his routes and learn to get open.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Parker is a good WR when he decides to play and when the QB can get the ball to him.

I think this is true. He seemed to stay healthy with Fitzpatrick when he was throwing balls to him. This year he could be heard telling Tua on the sideline to just throw up to him that he'll catch it. I'd be telling him to work on his routes and learn to get open.

I have no doubt that Parker’s motor shuts down when he is not seeing the ball enough. Sad, but probably true. Trade him to a winner and watch the injuries magically disappear. Sure …. He could run better routes, but let’s face it….we knew what kind of WR he was when they drafted him. He excels at high pointing the ball and going up to get it. That was…..and is……his game. Fitz understood it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:50 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:
Parker is a good WR when he decides to play and when the QB can get the ball to him. In the red zone, you need guys like Gesicki and Parker. If the coaches can’t design a scheme to take advantage of those targets, nor create an O line to give time for a QB to find them, then we tend to think the WR or TE is underachieving….but give those weapons to Brady….or Herbert…..or Carr…..and their stats would improve markedly.

Why is it this board could be talking about a bombing in another country and Herbert's name would some how come up?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:02 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Why is it this board could be talking about a bombing in another country and Herbert's name would some how come up?

Because Herbert will probably end up a HOFer and he could have been a Dolphin?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:23 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:
Because Herbert will probably end up a HOFer and he could have been a Dolphin?

Stats get you in the Hall of Really Good players.

You think he is able to make chicken salad out of chicken crap? Who would he been throwing to in Miami? Waddle, not Allen, not Williams, not Ecker.

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]