All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think Flores should take a year off and evaluate learning experiences in order to not repeat his mistakes with the Dolphins, but he really likes the Texans opportunity. I still don't understand the David Culley firing unless it was to make way for Flores as Flores is close with those in the Texans front office.

PFT wrote:
On Thursday, the Texans fired coach David Culley. On Friday, they interviewed a candidate to replace him. The team announced that former Dolphins coach Brian Flores interviewed for the position on Friday. Flores also interviewed for the vacancy in Chicago on Friday, four days after his surprise firing in Miami.

He’s the first candidate to sit for the job. Along with current Patriots defensive assistant Jared Mayo, Flores is regarded as one of the top candidates for the Houston job. With a third opportunity to be an NFL head coach hardly guaranteed, Flores needs to make his second stop count.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... g-vacancy/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:33 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

He didn't walk out of there with a job, though. Chicago either. I'm sure there'll be a lot of "tire kicking" going on with Flores.

Plus, the Dolphins play both Houston and Chicago next year.

Telenovella time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Firing a black man to replace with another black man. That sounds like double-raycism to me. Houston should be ashamed, where are the media mockingbirds now?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

I expect Flores to land in Chicago. To me he fits and its a much better situation than Houston. Chicago has a young athletic QB that many think will be a star in the league which it appears he covets. The history of the Bears D ( His specialty ) They lack a GM, so there is a possibility he can grab ultimate power there.

To me its the perfect fit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:42 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

I still think Flores ends up with Giants and gets them to trade for Watson. Two top 10 picks in the draft is an attractive starting offer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:12 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Giants job might be the worse on the market. Salary cap is messed up for the next few years. Qb is a mess. Oline horrible. I would stay away as I don't see it was being a quick fix.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not sure if Giants would make the same mistake of hiring a Belichick coordinator two times in a row.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:08 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
I still think Flores ends up with Giants and gets them to trade for Watson. Two top 10 picks in the draft is an attractive starting offer.

A friend of mine who is a Giants fan tells me there's growing buzz about that very thing happening. Sad day for Giants fans if it happens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:32 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

The Giants can easily free up $40-50 million in cap space so I wouldn't worry about affording Watson and making a couple of moves. Watson in NYC will fit in perfectly with all of the other pervert celebrities who reside there.

But I agree with not wanting Flores. How is he going to answer "why did you keep changing offensive coaches" and "how would you describe your working relationship with others in Miami"?

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]