All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:42 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I have zero knowledge on this Man, other than alot of people, who act like they know what their talking about, say he's the best Center in the draft. I hope no one gets upset this year, if the first round pick goes to the O line.

"Iowa center Tyler Linderbaum announced Friday he'll skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft.The consensus All-American was the Big Ten's offensive lineman of the year and received the Rimington Trophy as the nation's top center. He also was a finalist for the Lombardi Award and Outland Trophy. Linderbaum started 35 consecutive games at center after arriving from Solon, Iowa, as a defensive lineman. He is projected to be a first-round draft pick and the first center selected."

per the AP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Having an all star resume as an OL from Iowa stands out. That has to be one of the best states for OL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:07 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Only knock on him is his size. He's a bit undersized, depending on the scheme you run.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:29 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

There is a video of him absolutely pummeling All Pro tackle Tristan Wirfs in either a high school or college wrestling match.

The guy is an animal and strong as an ox.

He should firmly be on Miami's radar but he is likely a top 15 pick.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:05 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

k-dash wrote:
Only knock on him is his size. He's a bit undersized, depending on the scheme you run.
Its about leverage. If he knows how to use it. He will be fine.

If memory serves me correct. D. Stephenson will considered undersized back in the day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:07 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I'm not knocking him, just stating what I have heard. If we have a shot at him it's a no-brainer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The second Kirk Ferentz retires from Iowa, the Dolphins should do what it takes to get him to Miami to be the Executive-In-Charge of everything O-line related.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He won’t be available when we pick, that’s almost a given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

CBS Sports just mocked us OT Darian Kinnard. One thing for sure is that we need SF to lose this weekend as this pick is dropping fast.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... ree-picks/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Kyle Crabbs (Locked On Dolphins podcast) thinks we should trade our 1st pick for a proven commodity on the O line or WR. We have the cap room and have not demonstrated the ability to draft OL well. If we want a quick turnaround for our offense we need some established studs on the O line. I'm completely in on this idea. (More so the OL than WR.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

k-dash wrote:
Kyle Crabbs (Locked On Dolphins podcast) thinks we should trade our 1st pick for a proven commodity on the O line or WR. We have the cap room and have not demonstrated the ability to draft OL well. If we want a quick turnaround for our offense we need some established studs on the O line. I'm completely in on this idea. (More so the OL than WR.)

I'm okay with trading for a 1st for a stud OL who another team cannot afford. But it has to be for a guy you envision in Miami for 5 years (at least).

The draft has nice options at WR and I think a few teams will be making some cuts that will be attractive for Miami. I could see Dallas cutting Amari Cooper. The guy has a $20 million+ cap hit the next few years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:08 pm 

I would take a proven commodity over another bust. We do not have the best track record drafting OL anyway. We also need OL to help our WRs to get open and get downfield, right Rich?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Depending on what we do with Ogbah (resign the man, please!) there aren't very many positions of need on the defensive side of the ball. We've been asking for an impact LB for a few years right now but I'm holding off on pushing for anything until we see who's going to be running the D and what scheme they bring. Hopefully it won't be a total reset; that would be foolish. We're good at what we've been doing, why start over?

On offense, there's barely a position we SHOULDN'T be targeting. I hope we spend our assets accordingly.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]