All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:35 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

One thing for sure is that they had a big argument at halftime in the Titans game with both of them throwing F-bombs at each other, and Tua told Flores that he didn't know how to talk to players.

SI wrote:
"The Miami question for me is, which I think they're going to find out if people are honest in the interview — a lot of people are never honest in the interview; they tell the owners what they want to hear," Lombardi began. "They tell the GMs what they want to hear. But if you're really honest, are you going to sit there and say, 'I can build a team around Tua'? Because that's what Ross wants to hear.

"That's what Brian Flores wouldn't say. We've seen all the conversations that Flores basically had with Tua where Flores told Tua at halftime of the Tennessee game — this has all been reported — I don't think Flores was shy about telling him, 'Hey, I should have picked Mac Jones.' I don't think he was shy about telling him that. In fact, I know that he wasn't.

"I remember I said there was commentary between the head coach and Tua during the season and I wouldn't reveal what the conversation was. Well, the conversation was, 'Hey, if I'd have (known) you were going to be this bad, I would have picked Mac Jones.'

"So the next guy coming in, if Flores felt that way, how is the next guy going to come in and fix it? You say well, they're going to run an offense that suits what Tua does. They ARE running an offense that suits what Tua does. It's the only offense you CAN run. It's the only one you CAN run. You've got to run an RPO where he can throw little passes and run after the catch. So if (Brian) Daboll has any other options, I would think he would stay clear of Miami, only because he knows the pitfalls that (Flores) went through."

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/fo ... aking-news

Lombardi took his comment back.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:48 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Mike Lombardi drafted JaMarcus Russell.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:05 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

If he "miss-spoke" and those were his words, the quote actually makes no sense. I think he said what really happened and then saw how bad it was making Flo look and tried to walk it back. Well it's tough putting the toothpaste back...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:07 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

And btw, Mike Lombardi and Mike Florio must be BFFs. They're both tools.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The head coach telling a 2nd year QB that he would’ve drafted someone else is on another mountain of petty. I was a little surprised by his firing but I don’t think he’s going to have much success elsewhere either.

Does it irritate anyone else that he referred to his show as “the pod”? Gross. Back on the pod, brooo…

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:30 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I’m not backing Flores here, by any means… I’m just not BUT… how about a little context with this supposed “conversation”.

Was it a motivational thing? Was Tua sucking that day, you know, ,maybe fumbling a time or three… and a HC was just like “hey kid, if you were going to suck this bad I’d picked someone else.”

You make gazillions of dollars to play ball. Coaches use different types of motivation to get players to respond. But maybe the relationship had gotten pas the point of them being able to be like this with each other.

Oh well, the whole media narrative has changed within he past two days. It’s gone from “how can the Dolphins fire the African American coach who was doing good things in Miami” to… “ZOMFG, Fore’s told Tua he would’ve picked Mac Jones and he was the hardest guy, like ever, to work for and with. He had to go for sure bro…”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:51 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Funny. BB knew the situation of a game and only threw Jones 3 times a game. The question to be ask is why did a HC ask a Qb to throw 38 times on a cold, windy, raining day? Especially when Mack Hollins was Wr3? You surrounded your QB with injured chicken crap and then get mad at him for not making chicken salad.

Why couldn't Flores hire a quality OL coach that could teach these young men the NFL game?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:19 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

Dphins4me wrote:
Funny. BB knew the situation of a game and only threw Jones 3 times a game. The question to be ask is why did a HC ask a Qb to throw 38 times on a cold, windy, raining day? Especially when Mack Hollins was Wr3? You surrounded your QB with injured chicken crap and then get mad at him for not making chicken salad.

Why couldn't Flores hire a quality OL coach that could teach these young men the NFL game?

especially when you have 74 yard rushing against the Titans it could have been a lot more.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:35 pm 

Read this article about Mike Lombardi and tell me why his opinion matters.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... i.amp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:49 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:

Exactly! If this is true and who knows...but if it is then Flores has an ego bigger than I imagined. How could he put ALL the blame on Tua when he didn't put an offense around him?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is not the only offense you can run with Tua.
This was the only offense Tua could run with this offense.
If we had a mediocre running game and mediocre pass protection, then the playbook opens up quite a bit.
I’m still not sure that Tua is our future, but I don’t think we can know that until we give him some tools to succeed and see what he does with them. Another year like this last one and he might be ruined as a player in this league. To say he has had a rough start to his career is an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dont disagree with the firing but only 5 days out and the Character Assasination is in full swing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:20 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

FINesse wrote:
Dont disagree with the firing but only 5 days out and the Character Assasination is in full swing.

Exactly.
Like I’ve said, Grier must have some pics of Ross at the “club” dancing butt naked without his wife in a safe somewhere and Ross knows it. It’s the only explanation for Grier still being here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:30 pm 

Well in Ross tenure as owner he has never fired both the head coach and GM together. So far he has kept one or the other. Maybe it is just par for the course that Flo is gone and Grier is still here.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]