Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: Watson
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:49 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Read this open letter from one of the victims and tell me you still want Watson in Miami.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/an-open-letter-to-jilly-anais-from-a-deshaun-watson-accuser?via=twitter_page

Post subject: Re: Watson
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I’d hire John Beck’s 3rd cousin before I sign this guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

I'm beginning to wonder if Watson is going to reach a Ray Rice level of toxic for all 32 teams

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:42 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

jammer wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if Watson is going to reach a Ray Rice level of toxic for all 32 teams

Ray Rice only reached that level because he was an aging RB and there was a video.

Had Rice been the Rice of 2010, even with the video NFL teams would have still signed him had the Ravens even released him.

However, teams saw an overused college back with four yrs of NFL hits and a 3.1 YPC and said. Naw, we can find someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:44 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

k-dash wrote:
Read this open letter from one of the victims and tell me you still want Watson in Miami.

Up until all this started would have loved to have had him. Want nothing to do with him now. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:46 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It doesn't sound like he is going to be able to pay her off.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:08 am 

What I am failing to understand is why he is not up on charges and in police custody.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:00 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

AQNOR wrote:
What I am failing to understand is why he is not up on charges and in police custody.

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove."

~Denzel Washington in Training Day

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 am 

Eff no.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:28 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:

Because we have a different justice system for the wealthy and powerful folks in America. I never wanted to believe it, but it’s true.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:37 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Phinished wrote:
Because we have a different justice system for the wealthy and powerful folks in America. I never wanted to believe it, but it’s true.

Maybe. Without knowing all the facts, this is speculation.

It could also be that the DA is hesitant to bring up charges against a high profile minority athlete and have the case tainted by cries of "racism" which is what seems to happen in the U.S. these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:58 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:

It could also be that the DA is hesitant to bring up charges against a high profile minority athlete and have the case tainted by cries of "racism" which is what seems to happen in the U.S. these days.

And this is why DA's need to be appointed rather than elected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Lord no, that is not the answer. All that creates is an army of yes men that do what their boss tells them to do, whether it is the will of the people or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:23 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Phinished wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Lord no, that is not the answer. All that creates is an army of yes men that do what their boss tells them to do, whether it is the will of the people or not.

Preface: I "think" he probably did it, and if so, should be puncished to the highest extent of the law. Period.

That being said, unless I missed something in the article, and it's a good possibility. This is a letter to Watson's current girlfriend, right? I get where this victim is coming from for sure, and if it's a true cry for help for his current g/f, then.... yeah....

However, this doesn't prove anything in terms of Watson being guilty or not. While the letter is heartfelt and again, if Watson did this, he should be thrown to the wolves, if nto worse. Period.

I certainly don't want him on this football team.

As it sits right now, I don't know any of the details in terms of what these women are claiming, whether he raped them, forced himself onto them, etc -- none of that maters for me personally, as if he truly did anything like that -- prison. Period.

However, I guess the fact that he tried to "settle" with them, leans towards he is guilty to some degree, if not everything these women have claimed.

When is his court date, hearings etc.?

The reason I am hesitant, and probably shouldn't be, is I had a good friend, I mean... so close to me he was a brother... accused by someone for sexual misconduct, and it was a outright lie. DHR got called on him, he had to move out of his house while they investigated because he couldn't be around his kid anymore... all sorts of things. It was a mess... and then they "victim" ended up telling everyone they were lying, almost ruined this mans life in the community.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:59 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

The Don wrote:
Phinished wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Rich wrote:

Preface: I "think" he probably did it, and if so, should be puncished to the highest extent of the law. Period.

That being said, unless I missed something in the article, and it's a good possibility. This is a letter to Watson's current girlfriend, right? I get where this victim is coming from for sure, and if it's a true cry for help for his current g/f, then.... yeah....

However, this doesn't prove anything in terms of Watson being guilty or not. While the letter is heartfelt and again, if Watson did this, he should be thrown to the wolves, if nto worse. Period.

I certainly don't want him on this football team.

As it sits right now, I don't know any of the details in terms of what these women are claiming, whether he raped them, forced himself onto them, etc -- none of that maters for me personally, as if he truly did anything like that -- prison. Period.

However, I guess the fact that he tried to "settle" with them, leans towards he is guilty to some degree, if not everything these women have claimed.

When is his court date, hearings etc.?

The reason I am hesitant, and probably shouldn't be, is I had a good friend, I mean... so close to me he was a brother... accused by someone for sexual misconduct, and it was a outright lie. DHR got called on him, he had to move out of his house while they investigated because he couldn't be around his kid anymore... all sorts of things. It was a mess... and then they "victim" ended up telling everyone they were lying, almost ruined this mans life in the community.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

I know what you're friend is feeling as I've been there myself. Back in my early 20's, I was accused of raping a girl I never even had sex with. We had gone on two dates, never even kissed, let alone had sex, and then for the third date, she got really stupid, didn't show up at the agreed meeting/time place, said she was on her way, then three hours she still hadn't shown up. When I called her out for that, she responded by saying she was almost there but then she was turning around and heading back home. At that point, I called her all sorts of vile names and even insulted her family (not a nice thing to do, but definitely not a crime). We then went back and forth for the next two days via text, cursing each other out and calling names. Then I told her never to contact me again. Three months later, she calls me and asks how I felt about what happened, and mentioned me raping her. I was like, "What the #@&%?? I never even saw you that night let alone slept with you." That was on a Friday. On Monday, I get a notice from the Miami-Dade County Sex Crimes unit that a detective wished to speak with me. I agreed to meet with the detective and her partner and she brought the girl's name up. Knowing I could clear myself of any wrongdoing, I told my side of the story and offered up a DNA swab. She wrote some notes down, took the swab, and told me it would take at least 60 days for the results to come back. Exactly two months later, the detective told me the DA's office closed the case and I would not be charged with anything.

Ironically, me and my wife (who knows about all this) ran into this girl a few years back at the grocery store. She didn't say anything, just gave me a hard stare. I had no choice but to break the silence. I said, "Hey B****. Next time you want to accuse a guy of raping you, make sure you actually have sex with them first."

Bottom line is this. That letter may be true but it will never hold up in court on its own.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Bottom line is this. That letter may be true but it will never hold up in court on its own.

The Daily Yeast is a liberal feelings rag. Nothing they will ever write about will be enough to convict anybody.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:08 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Let's hope so. Watson is a disease.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Big Dave wrote:
Let's hope so. Watson is a disease.

Best Dolphins news in weeks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:46 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I hope Miami is thinking the same thing.

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]