All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I like Daboll and the work he did with Tua at Alabama and with the Bills offense. I would say Daboll is in my top 3 or 4. I would like Pederson over Daboll who has been successful, played for the Dolphins, has a good offensive mind, and created a good culture with the Eagles while he was their coach.

Daniel Oyefusi (Miami Herald) wrote:
The Dolphins have requested permission to interview Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll for the team’s head coaching vacancy, according to NFL Network.

This is the first reported interview request for the Dolphins since firing Brian Flores as head coach early Monday morning.

According to the report, the Chicago Bears have also requested to interview Daboll after firing Matt Nagy Monday.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:13 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Not sure how much I like the idea of Pederson unless he brings top notch coordinators. A lot of people pointing to Frank Reich and Jim Schwartz carrying that team.

The knock on Daboll is his ability to command the locker room. Sounds like a great offensive mind, but can he rally the troops when needed?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

One thing I did not like about Daboll was that one game this year where he did not call a single running play to his running backs. Who calls a game like that??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:45 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Allbright was asked if he still sees Daboll to Chicago. His response:

"Miami interest may change things"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
One thing I did not like about Daboll was that one game this year where he did not call a single running play to his running backs. Who calls a game like that??

Josh Allen is the best running QB in the league…still an insane stat not to have any RB touches during an entire game

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:41 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Wasn't he our offensive coordinator in that disaster of a 2011 season? And the previous year, his offense in Cleveland was crap, but when Sparano had numerous talented OC candidates, Daboll was chosen out of them all.

No thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Wasn't he our offensive coordinator in that disaster of a 2011 season? And the previous year, his offense in Cleveland was crap, but when Sparano had numerous talented OC candidates, Daboll was chosen out of them all.

No thanks.

That offense played a lot better after Moore came in and shook off the rust.

Reggie Bush was a thousand yard RB and Brandon Marshall had over a thousand yards receiving.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:02 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

While I'm not against Daboll completely... as of right now the one who has my eye the most out of all the candidates I've heard are:

McDaniel
Eric Bieniemy

Then Daboll.

That's all if we go rookie HC (again).

But who am I?

I imagine the "Tua Connection" may carry a decent amount of weight with the front office brass.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

The Don wrote:
I imagine the "Tua Connection" may carry a decent amount of weight with the front office brass.

For Daboll yes. But I think it is more informational than "we need you to fix Tua." Maybe he can convince them that he can get a championship performance from Tua and the QB situation does not change for next year.

I re-read Ross's comments and his remark "he is right now the quarterback" gave me a flashback to Jeff Ireland saying "well right now Chad Henne is our starting quarterback" in the 2011 offseason. I believe that is when they tried like heck to trade for Kyle Orton and Carson Palmer. I do not believe Tua is safe.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:45 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I'll be disappointed if we move on from Tua at this point, but I'll keep rooting for the team.
Unless they trade for Deshaun Watson. Then, I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:54 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

k-dash wrote:
I'll be disappointed if we move on from Tua at this point, but I'll keep rooting for the team.

If it is Doug Pederson or Brian Daboll I'd bet on another year of Tua.

If it is Mike McDaniel I can see a trade for Jimmy Garoppolo (short term option).

If it is Jim Caldwell or Dan Quinn I have no idea.

I doubt Watson is still a viable option after the Miami press tried to pin that one on Flores alone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:32 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
k-dash wrote:

If it is Doug Pederson or Brian Daboll I'd bet on another year of Tua.

If it is Mike McDaniel I can see a trade for Jimmy Garoppolo (short term option).

If it is Jim Caldwell or Dan Quinn I have no idea.

I doubt Watson is still a viable option after the Miami press tried to pin that one on Flores alone.

That all makes sense. Caldwell and Quinn both had their previous success with guys like Ryan, Manning and Stafford. Big guys with big arms. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to work with Tua, but it's something to think about.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:38 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

As far as McDaniel, Tua would be very good in the 49ers offense, but he needs an O line first.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:19 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Rumor out there that Daboll's preference is to come to Miami and the lure is working with Tua again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:52 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Rumor out there that Daboll's preference is to come to Miami and the lure is working with Tua again.

:yay:

But, Schoen was the Bills asst GM. Will he try to bring Daboll with him to the Giants?

twitter wrote:
Adam Schefter: "And it is official: Giants are hiring Joe Schoen as their GM."

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 7108771854

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

How much authentic intel do you really think the Miami beats get? They always let on more than what’s actually happening. I don’t trust anyone of them.

It’s all for clicks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:14 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Per Rapoport, the Giants just back Daniel Jones as their QB and said they are not trading for Watson.

I wonder if that changes anything for Daboll?

So much for the Flores/Watson theory in NY.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:21 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

The Daboll situation is gettin' juicy...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Giants or Dolphins , I see a 3 and out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:22 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:

You're not going to like Daboll, Mitch. He's from the 'Cheat coaching tree. I think he has 3 Super Bowl rings with the Patriots and 1 National Championship with Saban. A lot of bling.

BTW, Daboll is getting a 2nd interview today with the Giants. What does this say?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:40 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Big Dave wrote:
BTW, Daboll is getting a 2nd interview today with the Giants. What does this say?

They liked his first interview?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

They liked his first interview?

Kind of brings some questions to mind. If Daboll is Miami's first choice, why is he getting a second interview with Giants? Have we not offered him the job? Also, is the Giants job Daboll's first choice?

You know, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Harbaugh's name come up again. If he wants back in the NFL, you know there has to be some discussion all ready between he and Ross. I would think he would be Miami's first choice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:52 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Of the two situations, Miami or NY... which would you pick? I'm thinking Daboll, if there were options between the two, he has a better chance of "getting his way" in NY.

There is talent in South Beach, but the front office is a mess.

Has anyone heard if Daboll wants his own people. crew, scouts etc, how much control he wants and all of that?

Or it could just be a ploy to get more $$$ out of another team. "Hey, look at me, I have a second interview and they're willing to give me 2 more million dollars than you are."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:55 am 

I think Daboll winds up in Miami and brings Ken Dorsey with him. And I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:56 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Big Dave wrote:
Kind of brings some questions to mind. If Daboll is Miami's first choice, why is he getting a second interview with Giants? Have we not offered him the job? Also, is the Giants job Daboll's first choice?

You know, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Harbaugh's name come up again. If he wants back in the NFL, you know there has to be some discussion all ready between he and Ross. I would think he would be Miami's first choice.

I was being a wise a$$ with my response.

I don't know that Miami has settled on any decision. If you're Daboll you take the 2nd interview because it looks good to other teams that "you're a wanted man."

The Giants have two picks in the top 10 and could possibly trade for a QB (Russell Wilson?). Maybe they told Daboll that is the secret plan and he is enticed.

Please God no on Harbaugh. No more drama in Miami. If Grier wants this to be his team with a coach he can work with then stay away from the guy who wears a marker necklace.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:57 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Rich wrote:
I think Daboll winds up in Miami and brings Ken Dorsey with him. And I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

Probably best case scenario for Grier and Tua.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
Rich wrote:

Probably best case scenario for Grier and Tua.

One thing I like about Daboll is that he coached defense early in his career. He understands both sides of the ball. Also, he knows that he will get at least 3 years to to get to the playoffs (well, he shouldn't be fire before 3 years) and there is already a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball. Unless he's a real jerk and doesn't understand his place in the heirarchy, he has to like it that Grier values input from his head coach. Some GMs buy the groceries and tell the HC to do something with them. Grier listen's to his head coach. It sounds like a nice match to me for Daboll.

And there are rumors that he wants to bring ex-Ravens DC with him. That would be a good move since Don “Wink” Martindale was fired after having numerous injuries in the Ravens defense. He became the fall guy for the Ravens, but he is a good DC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:50 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Its all fun and games until Daboll signs Mitch Trubisky to be the backup and fans clamor for him after Tua's first interception...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:09 am 

Despite the Quinn news, Daboll is still considered the favorite to land in Miami. And the new rumor is he would keep the defensive staff from the previous regime intact.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:54 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Rich wrote:
Despite the Quinn news, Daboll is still considered the favorite to land in Miami. And the new rumor is he would keep the defensive staff from the previous regime intact.

Yeap, I'd take a coaching job and keep the coaches the last guy failed with. Maybe he can keep the same OL & WR coach.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
FINesse wrote:

You're not going to like Daboll, Mitch. He's from the 'Cheat coaching tree. I think he has 3 Super Bowl rings with the Patriots and 1 National Championship with Saban. A lot of bling.

Well Dave it kinda seems like having a top 5 pick in a draft and really needing a QB , but you know there are really no elite QBs coming out and you cant trade out , so you settle knowing that you can always search again the following year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Daboll via Tua connection

jammer wrote:
Its all fun and games until Daboll signs Mitch Trubisky to be the backup and fans clamor for him after Tua's first interception...

:haha

d-1

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:18 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

No self respecting coach would take the Miami job, with being told that you have to take Tua and the defensive staff. Ross is such a joke of an NFL owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:19 pm 

Dphins4me wrote:
Rich wrote:

Yeap, I'd take a coaching job and keep the coaches the last guy failed with. Maybe he can keep the same OL & WR coach.

The defense didn’t fail. It’s the reason we went on a winning streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:51 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Rich wrote:

It didn't? Are you suggesting that a D that gave up an Avg. of 31 points per game during the losing streak does not carry some responsibility? Yes, I know there was a pick 6 in there.

The Jags literally won, because the D allowed a pass that put them in FG position. Failed to hold the lead against the Raiders. Failed to hold the lead against the Falcons.

While yes, they turned it around, but lets not act like they do not carry some responsibility for the seven game streak.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:22 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
jammer wrote:

:haha

d-1

I'll start researching new, potential 3rd string QBs from Delaware who will bring this franchise back to its glory days!

D-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Get ready for an inflated battle over defensive semantics between dphin and rich

:)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Great information on Daboll from the late Tony "Fist Pump" Sparano.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:46 am 

Dphins4me wrote:
Rich wrote:

It didn't? Are you suggesting that a D that gave up an Avg. of 31 points per game during the losing streak does not carry some responsibility? Yes, I know there was a pick 6 in there.

The Jags literally won, because the D allowed a pass that put them in FG position. Failed to hold the lead against the Raiders. Failed to hold the lead against the Falcons.

While yes, they turned it around, but lets not act like they do not carry some responsibility for the seven game streak.

And the offense sucked all year.

Besides, you're posting about forcing the new coach keeping the staff when that isn't what has been reported at all.

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next