All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2841
….but missing the playoffs while sweeping the Pats is a real head scratcher.

Tua got it done with two big running plays. That has been missing from his game, but today he was not tentative at all and made huge plays with his feet. He made quite a few bad throws, but he ran the RPO well and Duke Johnson carried the offense big time. Good job by the defense and they needed to get the turnovers and that pick 6 to give Miami the win. The coaching this game was good…where was that last week?

Hey Grier, your plan for rolling with 7th round and free agent running backs stinks. Two late season acquisitions showed you just how little talent your team was working with…Duke Johnson has been a revelation.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 10117
Dang one more win and we were in. Jags game sticks out. Head scratcher for sure


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:40 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 4057
Tua is 3-0 against Belicheat.
The Dolphins have had back to back winning seasons since Wanstache and Ricky Williams were Dolphins.
The Dolphins went 8-1 in the second half of the season.

Things are NOT all roses, there are serious problems to address but...

Blow it all up and start over, trade Tua and blow all our resources on the Houston Creeper...
It's typical knee-jerk fan reaction. The fan equivalent of "HULK SMASH".

Build an O line and make stop undermining the guy you spent your #5 overall pick on and see what happens.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:51 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2841
I am against Watson if he costs a king’s ransom and is still in legal limbo. I would rather they draft some competition, but the QB draft is thin this year unless we use our first round pick. The better move is likely drafting a guard and a tackle and hopefully getting at least one side of the offensive line up to snuff. Duke Johnson is looking good, but I think the team should probably be looking for a RB early in the draft. Linebacker is also a position of need…. Free agency will be crucial for this team to make a leap forward into a contender next year and I am not excited in Grier’s chances of getting it right. What if the team could land Harbaugh as head coach???


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:56 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 4057
Phinished wrote:
I am against Watson if he costs a king’s ransom and is still in legal limbo. I would rather they draft some competition, but the QB draft is thin this year unless we use our first round pick. The better move is likely drafting a guard and a tackle and hopefully getting at least one side of the offensive line up to snuff. Duke Johnson is looking good, but I think the team should probably be looking for a RB early in the draft. Linebacker is also a position of need…. Free agency will be crucial for this team to make a leap forward into a contender next year and I am not excited in Grier’s chances of getting it right. What if the team could land Harbaugh as head coach???


I agree with most of what you said. I don't trust Grier to get drafting an O-line right, so I'd much rather they overspend a bit in FA and bring in a couple of studs there. I agree with LB but would rather see us draft another WR than a RB high.

As for Harbaugh, I think it's a pipe dream, and I'm not sure he'd actually be a better coach. The one thing I think he would do is build a better staff though, so I wouldn't hate the move. You're right, Duke has been a revelation.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 7756
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
If Tua isn’t the QB next season this city has lost its mind.

Phinished wrote:
I am against Watson if he costs a king’s ransom and is still in legal limbo.


Ok, so you are against Watson then.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:20 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Posts: 574
We knew we were gonna miss the playoffs today. But this is the first time in over 20 years that we beat New England twice in a season.l


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 23752
Location: Raleigh, NC
k-dash wrote:
Tua is 3-0 against Belicheat.
The Dolphins have had back to back winning seasons since Wanstache and Ricky Williams were Dolphins.
The Dolphins went 8-1 in the second half of the season.

Things are NOT all roses, there are serious problems to address but...

Blow it all up and start over, trade Tua and blow all our resources on the Houston Creeper...
It's typical knee-jerk fan reaction. The fan equivalent of "HULK SMASH".

Build an O line and make stop undermining the guy you spent your #5 overall pick on and see what happens.


I'm right with you. If Tua doesn't take the next step next year with an improved OL and running game, then I believe we have two first round picks in 2023. Someone correct/confirm an old man on our first round picks in 2023.

What I like what 'Cheat is doing is that he is putting together a good team around Mac Jones, and right now Mac Jones is cheap compared to other starting QBs in the NFL. We have that advantage with Tua right now. He answered a lot of 2020 criticisms this year with improved play over his rookie season. Now he needs to step forward again and show us that he was worth the overall #5 pick in the draft. With a better OL, our OCs should be able to open up the offense with some downfield throws.

The defense is good, but they have a tendency to give up big throws and big runs. I imagine the big throws are a result of our aggressive defense, and I can live with that, but the big runs they give occasionally really hurt us yesterday.

Hey, how about us running for nearly 200 yards yesterday against an expensive Belicheat defense? I would say that Duke Johnson is a keeper, but we still need to invest in a 3 down running back next year. Duke plays his best in front of a Miami crowd. If Grier just goes with Duke Johnson and Phillip Lindsay next year, then you can say that he has learned nothing.

Nice sweep of the Patsies. First time in 20 years. That's a nice way to go out in 2021, although playoffs would have been much better. I think we would have been a quick exit if we did make the playoffs, but making the playoffs is something we haven't done in ... 5 years?

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:28 am 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Posts: 574
Big Dave wrote:
k-dash wrote:
Tua is 3-0 against Belicheat.
The Dolphins have had back to back winning seasons since Wanstache and Ricky Williams were Dolphins.
The Dolphins went 8-1 in the second half of the season.

Things are NOT all roses, there are serious problems to address but...

Blow it all up and start over, trade Tua and blow all our resources on the Houston Creeper...
It's typical knee-jerk fan reaction. The fan equivalent of "HULK SMASH".

Build an O line and make stop undermining the guy you spent your #5 overall pick on and see what happens.


I'm right with you. If Tua doesn't take the next step next year with an improved OL and running game, then I believe we have two first round picks in 2023. Someone correct/confirm an old man on our first round picks in 2023.

What I like what 'Cheat is doing is that he is putting together a good team around Mac Jones, and right now Mac Jones is cheap compared to other starting QBs in the NFL. We have that advantage with Tua right now. He answered a lot of 2020 criticisms this year with improved play over his rookie season. Now he needs to step forward again and show us that he was worth the overall #5 pick in the draft. With a better OL, our OCs should be able to open up the offense with some downfield throws.

The defense is good, but they have a tendency to give up big throws and big runs. I imagine the big throws are a result of our aggressive defense, and I can live with that, but the big runs they give occasionally really hurt us yesterday.

Hey, how about us running for nearly 200 yards yesterday against an expensive Belicheat defense? I would say that Duke Johnson is a keeper, but we still need to invest in a 3 down running back next year. Duke plays his best in front of a Miami crowd. If Grier just goes with Duke Johnson and Phillip Lindsay next year, then you can say that he has learned nothing.

Nice sweep of the Patsies. First time in 20 years. That's a nice way to go out in 2021, although playoffs would have been much better. I think we would have been a quick exit if we did make the playoffs, but making the playoffs is something we haven't done in ... 5 years?


Yes the Dolphins have two first rounders in 2023 which would be good leverage to move up and get a QB if Tua doesn't convince that he can carry the load. But you can't really judge him when he's had no running game and no O-Line.

There are a ton of talented RB's hitting free agency this year, so Miami should spend some dough and get one. Get a good tackle and guard in the draft.

Last time the Dolphins beat the Patriots twice in a season was 2000. I was 23 years old and just starting to work in the business I now own (my uncle was the original owner and founder).


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Nice Win….
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 7756
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Big Dave wrote:
Nice sweep of the Patsies. First time in 20 years. That's a nice way to go out in 2021, although playoffs would have been much better.


Two decades to secure two wins against them…hard to believe

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r