View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Any News On Will Allen?? 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Any News On Will Allen??
I heard a radio clip with his agent. He had said that they are looking forward to his return, and contrary to initial reports of them looking to get his release, it seems they are on the same page as the team in that they would rather have him 100% for the remainder of the season then to take him back early and risk anything...

I think the rule is he has to be on IR for four games, so he could come back as early as the Green Bay game..

I know with the GB - Pitt - Cinci - Balto foursome we could probably benefit from him being around..

I may be wrong, but I would rank W Allen higher then J Allen or Smith, so some added corner help surely wouldnt hurt...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:41 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Any News On Will Allen??
He's on IR. He's done for the season.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:

So he cant come back at all?

Well so much for that thought.... :angry:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 am

10acjed wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

So he cant come back at all?

Well so much for that thought....

We could really use him right now. Especially with Wes Welker coming into town this week...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:58 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
We could really use him right now. Especially with Wes Welker coming into town this week...

Yeah, I was thinking for VD with Smith J Allen backing them...

For some reason I had thought a player on IR could come back after 4 or 6 games, but after some research I see he cant come back until the post season.
He has to remain out until after the "current schedule" which doesnt include the post season...

Kinda sucks.. But judging from his agents comments I dont think he was as far along in his rehab as we may have thought in the preseason...

Hope he makes it back, he was our best CB last year, and with VD's improved play it really would have made for a tough secondary..

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:34 am

10acjed wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking for VD with Smith J Allen backing them...

For some reason I had thought a player on IR could come back after 4 or 6 games, but after some research I see he cant come back until the post season.
He has to remain out until after the "current schedule" which doesnt include the post season...

Kinda sucks.. But judging from his agents comments I dont think he was as far along in his rehab as we may have thought in the preseason...

Hope he makes it back, he was our best CB last year, and with VD's improved play it really would have made for a tough secondary..

Didn't realize he could come back for the Post Season. You would need to put somebody on IR for him though.

That said, Will Allen has played his last game in a Dolphin uniform. He's frustrated with the organization and his agent has already said he will not play for this team again.

I think you were thinking of PUP.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:38 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Why wasn't he placed on PUP?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:07 am

Rich wrote:
Why wasn't he placed on PUP?

You have to be placed on PUP within the first 2 days of Training Camp or something.

It was either IR or do what they're doing with Channing. I don't understand why they didn't wait, but, that's Parcells for you....

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]