All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I love seeing Ford get some time in the spotlight. He's one of those hard working players who does everything asked of him. He pushes aside his pride and just wants to be a part of the team.

Alain Poupart (SI.com) wrote:
Wide receiver Isaiah Ford made the most of his one catch against the Giants, scoring a 2-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter on a third-and-goal pass from Tua Tagovailoa.

As fate would have it, the play actually was practiced during the week with Jaylen Waddle in mind, but he was out of action at the time dealing with cramping issues.

“It was weird because I hadn’t repped that play all week. It’s something that we put in the game plan and it was for Jaylen, but he was cramping and everything," Ford said. "They trusted me to go in there, know what to do and we went out there and executed. The Giants actually covered it pretty well. Tua did an extremely good job of buying some time and deceiving the defense with his eyes a little bit and it gave me enough time to go back right at the front pylon. He threw a great ball and I was able to make the catch.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... d-and-more

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]