All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think he will only get better. Dolphin fans will appreciate him if they can stop comparing him to Dan Marino.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
The Dolphins quarterback ranks in the top half of the league in a bunch of categories.

Among them: He is now second in the NFL in completion percentage at 70.9, 15th in passer rating (96.1 and just ahead of Patrick Mahomes), seventh in percentage of third-down throws that become first downs (45.1), 11th in first downs per pass attempt (36 percent), fourth in first-quarter completion percentage (73.1), second in fourth-quarter completion percentage (75.8), second in completion percentage inside the opponent’s 20-yard line (68.3), fourth in second-half passer rating (103.6) and sixth in fourth-quarter passer rating (108.5).

Tagovailoa does his best work with three-receiver formations; he’s fifth in the league with a 114.2 passer rating with that grouping. He has been sacked only 4.2 percent of his drop backs, which is sixth best in the league and impressive considering the shortcomings of Miami’s offensive line. Because he doesn’t throw deep a lot, he’s only 20th in yards per pass attempt at 7.07.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:05 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Earlier in the year, lots of people (and some particularly active posters here) were ready to give up on Tua and call him a bust (among other things.) I said repeatedly that it was too early to know what we had in him, good or bad. Now, he's playing well and people are rightfully encouraged by his improvement (except for some of those aforementioned active posters, who have gone into silent mode). I'm glad of that, but I still say it's too early to know for sure what we have in him.

I THINK he can be our franchise QB, but I need to see more. But it sure is nice to have him playing at the level that he is. He's raising the level of play from his team mates on the O-line and WRs for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I believe if he had an OL, he would absolutely shred a defense. The bonus would be a running game. Think about how much different this team would be with those things fixed. And I agree, that you would think with his height, you would think there would be more battles balls. I remember when T-hill first came into the league, it felt like every other throw was being batted.

If Tua can do what he is doing with our suspect line and running game, he can only get better when and if we ever address those areas.

That’s on Grier and Flores to figure that out. Whether it’s the coaching, scouting, or ultimately the draft day decisions. Shoot, it’s probably a combination of all of it.

I think they just need to try and build around him and keep getting experience with an offense that isn’t constantly changing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:13 pm 

I admit, he is looking good and making me look bad which is good. lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:25 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

cboy72 wrote:
I believe if he had an OL, he would absolutely shred a defense. The bonus would be a running game. Think about how much different this team would be with those things fixed. And I agree, that you would think with his height, you would think there would be more battles balls. I remember when T-hill first came into the league, it felt like every other throw was being batted.

If Tua can do what he is doing with our suspect line and running game, he can only get better when and if we ever address those areas.

That’s on Grier and Flores to figure that out. Whether it’s the coaching, scouting, or ultimately the draft day decisions. Shoot, it’s probably a combination of all of it.

I think they just need to try and build around him and keep getting experience with an offense that isn’t constantly changing.

Bingo

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]