All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Some might say that if Tua played better then the Dolphins wouldn't have gone after Watson, but those who have seen players come and go, seen them develop knew that it was premature to give up on Tua due to him coming back from a serious college injury and being surrounded by a poor offensive line and the lack of a three down running back. Still, players of Watson's youth and proven talent come available very rarely. So, I don't think you can totally blame Grier. Every position is upgradable if the opportunity arises, but you do have to be careful about upgrading the leader of your offense due to team chemistry, etc.

Mike Masala (DolphinsWire/USA Today) wrote:
It’s interesting that their string of victories coincides with the passing of the trade deadline. On Wednesday, PFT’s Mike Florio mentioned that he believes that the quieting of trade rumors has impacted Miami’s quarterback.

“I think that he has improved significantly in recent weeks due in large part to the fact that the door has slammed on the Deshaun Watson talk,” Florio said. “I believe that affected him. I believe it was an issue. I believe he felt undermined. He felt the team didn’t believe in him. He felt he didn’t get a fair chance. And, once the window closed on a potential Deshaun Watson trade maybe he internalized his feelings and decided you know what? I’m going to go out there and prove to them that they don’t need Deshaun Watson.”

Florio is probably right in some ways. It can’t feel great to have everybody around you questioning your ability and asking someone else to take your job. At the same time, however, it’s the NFL, and that is going to happen throughout most players’ careers.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... loas-play/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:17 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I won’t say it didn’t effect him, but I don’t believe that’s the reason for the turnaround. The whole team started playing well, starting with the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:02 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I know Tua lost games he should have won, but he was also “hurt” (so they say), and Brissett lost us some other ones. Even if Tua had played in those, it would have been good experience that allowed him to be more comfortable in the games we lost (example, in London against the Jaguars).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:19 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Rac City wrote:
I know Tua lost games he should have won, but he was also “hurt” (so they say), and Brissett lost us some other ones. Even if Tua had played in those, it would have been good experience that allowed him to be more comfortable in the games we lost (example, in London against the Jaguars).

For the record. Its not QB against QB or QB against other team.

I always hated when the media would say Brady is going up against Manning this weekend. No, they are not. These two players are never on the field at the same time.

NFL football is a team sport. Period the end. A Qb might be the most important position in the NFL today, but it is factually one of 22 and any of those 21 others can effect the outcome of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:54 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Florio, that little midget…always stating what we all already understand for a big paycheck

Here’s the real question though…is he taller than Bob Costas?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:03 pm 

Plus special teams.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:04 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

My point is, you can’t judge Tua too quickly - he needs more time. Additionally, he had to deal with other issues young qbs haven’t had to deal with (COVID altered year, different OCs, coming off an injury, etc)

Yes, football is a team sport, and anyone who thinks that one guy is the entire team is wrong and just doesn’t understand the sport. That said, it is a very integral part of the sport, and anyone who disagrees probably doesn’t know what they are talking about. And For the record, I’d be shocked if any of those people would waste their time on a teams message board talking about it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Florio, that little midget…always stating what we all already understand for a big paycheck

Here’s the real question though…is he taller than Bob Costas?

:))

Don't quote me, but I heard a PFT rumor that he stands nose to nose with Leslie Jordan.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]