All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:44 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think some of the short passing game is on the OCs, but they are taking advantage of Tua's skill set which improves very crappy work from our offensive line and lack of a pile-driving running back.

Alan Poupart (SI.com) wrote:
Q:
Hey, Alain. Some people feel hopeful with Tua’s high completion percentage. However, other people see Tua’s short passing game (inability to push the ball downfield) as cause for concern. Which camp do you fall into?

Poupart:
Hey Chris, it’s a great question and I fall into the camp that the Dolphins are doing a great job of playing to Tua’s strengths, which is short and intermediate accuracy and a quick release. I don’t see the lack of a downfield passing game as a cause for concern because I’m not sure that’s ever going to be Tua’s forte and the Dolphins also haven't needed it lately. And the bottom line is it’s working right now, even though the offense isn’t putting up huge numbers (and, no, the high completion percentage does not count as big numbers).

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... s-and-more

I would seriously consider getting Tua another wide receiver in the first round next year. And then a RB in round 2. Or, visa versa.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:01 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This isn’t me jumping on Tua because he has sincerely impressed me this year, but you can’t expect much down lane aggression with a severely undersized, left handed QB behind Miami’s current gang busting, offensively-offensive line.

That can honestly be to Tua’s own credit because he can get away with what most couldn’t do at the NFL level with his size. He just needs a little extra help with the unit in front of him to shine more than most. If he gets capable blocking I can see him pushing the game downfield.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:18 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I don’t think so. They showed a stat during the game that he has a very high completion percentage downfield relative to other qbs, and relative to the intermediate passes.. A competent o-line, better running game to help with play-action, and receivers who can get better separation would certainly help. That, and a healthy Parker, who can win the 50/50 balls. I want to put some blame on play-calling, but tough to do so with the issues raised before and the fact that we have been succeeding in what we have been doing.

I’m more worried that he doesn’t have good velocity on his throws, but that touchdown to Waddle was certainly well thrown.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:54 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

I'm OK with the velocity on his throws. Certainly better than last year. The touchdown to Mack Hollins actually had a lot of zip on it. Someone on Twitter timed it and said the velocity was comparable to Justin Love, who supposedly has a gun. The throw was a little late due to Tua moving around the pocket to avoid pressure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:54 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

That’s interesting, I wouldn’t have expected that just watching. That was a great play, but it would have been a bad miss if the defender caught up to him in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:14 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
This isn’t me jumping on Tua because he has sincerely impressed me this year, but you can’t expect much down lane aggression with a severely undersized, left handed QB behind Miami’s current gang busting, offensively-offensive line.

That can honestly be to Tua’s own credit because he can get away with what most couldn’t do at the NFL level with his size. He just needs a little extra help with the unit in front of him to shine more than most. If he gets capable blocking I can see him pushing the game downfield.

To follow suit to what Parcell said. All RB's run the same, when there is no hole.

All QBs will throw the same when there is no of protection. I do not care how big and tough a QB is. After X amount of time being hit by 300 LB men running at them, the ball starts coming out quicker.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:16 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Rich wrote:
The throw was a little late due to Tua moving around the pocket to avoid pressure.

While not wrong. I do wish fans would notice how many times a WR has to slow down & wait for a throw that long.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

To follow suit to what Parcell said. All RB's run the same, when there is no hole.

All QBs will throw the same when there is no of protection. I do not care how big and tough a QB is. After X amount of time being hit by 300 LB men running at them, the ball starts coming out quicker.

Ok so you agree with me, thanks for noting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here's a nice throw.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don’t think it’s due to lack of ability. In order to get open deep, your line has to protect the pocket longer. I’ll let y’all figure it out from there….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]