All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:11 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Look, I know you are all curious. So, let’s dream for a bit, shall we? Let’s imagine Miami does pull off a 10-7 finish….

Miami is currently in 13th in the AFC. Sounds bad, right? Keep this mind: there are a staggering 23 games left this year between the top 12 AFC teams. So, here's one way to look at it: those top 12 teams are GUARANTEED to suffer AT LEAST 23 combined losses before the year is up. We just don't know how those 23 losses are going to be distributed.

1) The East
We need Buffalo to sweep NE and win the division. The reasons are simple: we can't win a tie against Buffalo and we still have a shot of winning a tie against NE. Also, keep in mind that if we are in a three way tie against other non-division teams AND Buffalo, the Bills will always be ahead of us due to their higher division standing.

Buffalo: NE, @ TB, Car, @ NE, Atl, Jets
NE: @ Buf, BYE, @ Indy, Buf, Jax, @ Mia

2) The South

It seems very unlikely that Tenn will slide so much that they don’t win the division. Not only do they have a 2 game lead, they have also swept Indy, giving them an extra cushion. However, since Miami did lose to the Colts, a surprising Colts division title does clear the way for Miami.

Indy: @ Hou, BYE, NE, @ Ariz, LV, @ Jax
Tenn: BYE, Jax, @ Pit, SF, Mia, @ Hou

“Which teams can Miami beat in a 10-7 two way tie scenario?”

Indy: No, due to Miami’s week 4 loss.
Tenn: Yes, due to Miami’s week 17 victory.

3) The West

In the AFC West, the simplest path is for KC to keep up their recent play, and to knock off their division rivals along the way. KC just might be the linchpin to the whole playoff picture: their final six games are ALL against AFC playoff hopefuls.

KC: Den, LV, @ LAC, Pit, @ Cincy, @ Den
LV: Wash, @ KC, @ Clev, Den, @ Indy, LAC
LAC: @ Cincy, NYG, KC, @ Hou, Den, @ LV
Den: @ KC, Det, Cincy, @ LV, @ LAC, KC

Denver: Yes, if Denver beats Detroit. If Denver loses to Det and Vegas, then Yes. If Den loses to Detroit, and beats Vegas, then the tie comes down to strength of victory, which is too early to calculate. However, Miami has a current edge, .456 vs .400.
LV: No, due to Miami’s week 3 loss.
KC: Yes, Miami would win best AFC Conference Record.
Chargers: No, if LA loses to the Giants. If they beat the Giants, then the tie comes down to common opponents, which Miami wins under any combination.

4) The North

Despite Miami owning a tiebreaker against the Ravens, Miami should be rooting for a strong finish by Baltimore. If the Ravens win the majority of their remaining games, they could help clear the path for Miami.

Balt: @ Pitt, @ Clev, GB, @ Cincy, LAR, Pitt
Cincy: LAC, SF, @ Den, Balt, KC, @ Clev
Clev: BYE, Balt, LV, @ GB, @ Pitt, Cincy
Pitt: Balt, @ Minn, Tenn, @ KC, Clev, @ Balt

Baltimore: Yes, due to Miami’s week 10 victory.
Pitt: No tiebreakers possible, thanks to Pitt’s unlikely tie against hapless Detroit.
Cleveland: Yes, we win either an AFC conference tie, or a common opponent tie.
Cincy: If Cincy loses to SF, then No. If Cincy beats SF, but also defeats Baltimore, then No. If Cincy beats SF, and loses to Balt, then the tie comes down to strength of victory. Once again, it is too early to calculate that, but Miami has a current edge of .456 vs .422.

Head spinning?

If Miami beats the Giants this week, this picture will get a bit clearer after Miami's bye.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:04 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

All that to say....

beat the Giants.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:42 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dolphins take care of business.
Huge win by Washington today.

Will update Tuesday, but root for KC tonight and MOST importantly, go Buffalo tomorrow!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:13 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Don’t do this to yourself man…

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:18 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Don’t do this to yourself man…

Good point. I suppose I’ll wait until after Sunday.

In the meantime, root for Vikings over the Steelers Thursday.
And KC over Vegas on Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think the stats are that no team has ever made the playoffs after starting 1-7….with the strength of the AFC this year, the Phins are likely not going to make it. I fault the coaching for not having the team ready against weak opponents. Hollins’ comments about folks not working hard enough early in the season is telling….

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

yep

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ With Miami at 6-7 after winning five in a row, has Gesicki allowed himself to think about playoff possibilities? “If you know anything about Brian Flores, I’m not even allowed to think what I’m going to have for dinner yet,” he said.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:30 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rooting interests today:

Balt at Clev: Normally, I would say to root for Balt to give Clev its 7th loss of the season and to help clear the path ahead of Miami. However, there is an interesting alternative should the Browns win today. Balt would have 5 losses on the season with games against GB, Cincy, Rams, and Pitt remaining. A 10-7 finish wouldn't be too far out of the question, and if they go finish 10-7 and not win the division, that opens up Miami winning a tie against the Ravens.

Verdict: We're good either way.

Vegas at KC: We need Vegas out of the playoff picture completely. A loss today gives them their 7th, one loss from being out of Miami's path.

Verdict: KC big time.

Det at Denver, NYG at LA, and SF at Cincy: I'm combining all of them here, b/c they are all playing NFC teams. Miami can possibly win a tie against Den, La, and Cincy at 10-7. HOWEVER, if any of them lose today, then Miami cannot win a 10-7 against them. So, these games don't really matter too much. Regardless of the outcomes today, Miami would still need Denver to lose a game and the Chargers and Bengals to lose two games.

Verdict: Doesn't matter, but if Balt loses at 1 pm, root for the Bengals to win.

Buff at TB

We cannot have the Bills finish at 10-7. If the Bills loses today, that 10-7 becomes a real possibility. Besides the Pats, the Bills have Atl, Jets, and Car on their schedule. It would be quite the slide if they lose enough games to fall below 10 wins. I don't think that would happen, so I'm leaning toward rooting for a hated rival. A win by Buffalo today makes a 10-7 finish less likely.

Verdict: Buffalo to win.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:55 pm 

Come on Bengals you can do better than lose to the 49ers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:55 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It was good the Bengals lost.......now the Phins are only one game behind them in the WC race. Plus Bengals have 4 straight games against Teams with winning records.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:07 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big win by the Chiefs.
Root for the Pats tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

1984phins wrote:
Big win by the Chiefs.
Root for the Pats tomorrow night.

Nice job starting this thread, '84. I can't believe I am even saying this, but cross your fingers for a 7-7 record after this week as we make our push to a playoff spot. The very least, at least we have something to root for now and a little hope.

Mike Masala (DolphinsWire/USA Today) wrote:
Obviously, Miami will have to beat the Jets if they want to continue climbing in the AFC. Here’s what else would have to happen for them to move up to the 11th seed:

* Patriots def. Colts
* Panthers def. Bills
* Raiders def. Browns
* Broncos def. Bengals
* Titans def. Steelers

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... r-week-15/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:20 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Of course the Pats lose when we need them to win.

Plan B: hope to hell the Bills beat NE.

Unless the Bills somehow lose to Carolina.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:44 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Games to keep an eye on Sunday:

Bills/Panthers: Hope to God Bills lose.

Titans/Steelers: Root for the Titans to finally clear Pitt from Miami's path. Although, if Pitt wins that opens up a possibility for the Colts to win the division if Tenn also loses to SF. It is not a likely possibility, however.

Bengals/Broncos: Either way, one of these teams is getting a 7th loss today, so no outcome is 100% bad for Miami. As to which is better... that depends on how much you fear each team. The Broncos have games remaining against Vegas on the road, Chargers on the road, and home to KC. KC may or may not need that final game for a first-round bye. The Bengals host the Ravens, then Chiefs, then travel to Cleveland. One wrinkle to remember is that there is a high probability that we are going to need Denver to beat the Chargers in Week 17. If the Bengals win out, they win the division, so they don't become a problem for Miami in that scenario.

However, the math says root for Denver.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:09 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

While there are lots of moving parts still, the single, most consequential game for Miami's playoff chances is this Sunday.

Bills at Patriots.

I've said for a while now that the Bills cannot lose to the Pats and finish 10-7.

Here's why:
If Miami wins out, and the Bills win, Miami's playoff odds are at 98%.
If Miami wins out, the Bills lose to the Pats, then finish 10-7, Miami's playoff odds are just 31%.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Mike Masala (DolphinsWire/USA Today) wrote:
Obviously, Miami will have to beat the Jets if they want to continue climbing in the AFC. Here’s what else would have to happen for them to move up to the 11th seed:

* Patriots def. Colts
* Panthers def. Bills
* Raiders def. Browns
* Broncos def. Bengals
* Titans def. Steelers

Listen to yourselves guys…you are talking about a parlay row of things that have to happen outside of Miami’s control (as well as them needing to win out) just to move UP to the eleventh seed…?? In the final hours of a season?

Go Steelers. Packers are gonna take it all but it would be cool to see Roethlisberger put up a fight in his last year. Miami cooked themselves months ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:24 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

12 of 16 AFC Teams have a record of 500 or better.........9 of those 12 Teams are within 1 game of each other.

If the Phins beat the Saints, Titans and Pats, they should get in. I like the Phins chances against any of those Teams..........but all 3 will be difficult.

East, we're just riding the wave and seeing where it takes us.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:18 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here is the current seeding this morning. Browns and Raiders play tonight. It could be a 4 team logjam at 7-7 if Raiders win tonight. Without Gruden, though, they've looked like dog crap though.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... ecember-19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:01 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Way to look at it. Miami is two games out of having the same record as the No. 2 seed and they play both of them.

Typically Miami season. Screw yourself early. Miami truly should be sitting at 10-4 at worst.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:54 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Raiders last second win at Cleveland increases our playoff chances.

Sunday at 1pm is still our season, basically.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:59 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

If the Dolphins win out, they probably make the playoffs. The teams ahead of us are going to end up losing some games as they play each other, which opens up room for us to get in. These are tough teams, but looking at each game individually we can beat them. However, the odds of beating all three is a bit of a long shot. We have been here before, and seen the team crumble in Dec.

My gut thought is that we lose one of these games and go 2-1 over this stretch. BUT, this team holds the keys to getting into the playoffs. Just need to win all 3!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:37 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I don't think it will happen. I refuse to believe until I see it, based on so many past experiences of false hope. But I am happy that we're even able to have the discussion considering what the season looked like a couple of months ago.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:41 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

k-dash wrote:
I don't think it will happen. I refuse to believe until I see it, based on so many past experiences of false hope. But I am happy that we're even able to have the discussion considering what the season looked like a couple of months ago.

Completely agree. I think it is a low probability, but it is exciting to think about. If only we won 1 or 2 earlier games that we should have this would be a very different discussion.......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:26 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Fish Baron wrote:
k-dash wrote:

Completely agree. I think it is a low probability, but it is exciting to think about. If only we won 1 or 2 earlier games that we should have this would be a very different discussion.......

…and these early season stinkers are a trait of Flores coached teams. Why does this happen? This team should have made the playoffs this year, but somewhere lurks a malfunction in the Phins….is it coaching? Is it the players? Is it both? Why does this team seem to stink on ice early in a season? The problem we face now is Grier finally hit it big in a draft and Flores pulled another late season rally out of his behind. We likely will face next season with the same unfixed problems. Grier has more often made horrible picks, crummy trades and stupid free agent moves….but he seems safe for yet another maddening off season. Flores is on his last lifeline, but he seems capable of rallying and coaching a team albeit after it is likely to mean a playoff appearance.

This year has been disappointing. Mediocrity has been the watchword in Miami for like two decades now. When will this crap end?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:05 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:

…and these early season stinkers are a trait of Flores coached teams. Why does this happen? This team should have made the playoffs this year, but somewhere lurks a malfunction in the Phins….is it coaching? Is it the players? Is it both? Why does this team seem to stink on ice early in a season? The problem we face now is Grier finally hit it big in a draft and Flores pulled another late season rally out of his behind. We likely will face next season with the same unfixed problems. Grier has more often made horrible picks, crummy trades and stupid free agent moves….but he seems safe for yet another maddening off season. Flores is on his last lifeline, but he seems capable of rallying and coaching a team albeit after it is likely to mean a playoff appearance.

This year has been disappointing. Mediocrity has been the watchword in Miami for like two decades now. When will this crap end?

:cry:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:17 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm not writing our obit just yet. Maybe that comes Tuesday, but for now we are still in the hunt. Here is a cliff notes version of the AFC West:

Chargers: 8-6 @ Houston, Denver, @ Vegas
Broncos: 7-7 @ Vegas, @ LAC, KC
Raiders: 7-7 Denver, @ Indy, LAC

Problem Team: Chargers. We need them to lose a game.

Here are all the possible outcomes when it comes to head to head tiebreakers against Miami:

A) Chargers finish 11-6. Bad for Miami.

B) Chargers finish 10-7. Miami will win a two team tiebreaker.

C) Chargers and Raiders both finish 10-7.
In this instance, the intra-division tiebreaker is applied and the Raiders lose, meaning the Chargers finish in 2nd. Miami will win a two team tiebreaker.

D) Chargers and Broncos both finish 10-7.
In this instance, the intra-division tiebreaker is applied and the Chargers lose, meaning the Broncos finish in 2nd. Miami will win a two team tiebreaker.

E) Raiders are alone with a 10-7 finish. Miami is screwed here. The only solace to this scenario is that the Colts would have been beaten by the Raiders, so there is a chance the Colts (if they lose to Arizona) would be out of the playoff picture.

F) Broncos are alone with a 10-7 finish. Miami wins the tie.

G) None finish with 10 wins. Miami obviously would be very happy with this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:48 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Buffalo
Buffalo
Buffalo

Go Bills!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:18 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Baltimore at Cincy

Either way, someone is getting a 7th loss today. But which is better?

I think it’s better for Baltimore to win. Why? Next week the Bengals face the Chiefs. Because of that, a loss today by Cincy makes it probable they get their 8th loss to the Chiefs.

The nightmare scenario is Cincy winning today, losing to the Chiefs, and Pitt winning out. Pitt would win the division and Cincy gets in ahead of Miami.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Texans beat the snot out of the chargers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:13 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

00xtremeninja wrote:

Herbert threw another pick 6 as well. Bad part the Texans were missing 10 starters and had guys on the field who were on the street last week.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:

This is why the NFL kicks the living dog shhh out of the NBA.

Team parity. Even when it doesn’t even make sense.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:19 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

BIG DAY!!!!

The Dolphins almost control their own destiny.

The only thing that can keep out a 10-7 Dolphins now is the Raiders and Steelers to win out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:21 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Can’t have any let downs tomorrow! Heard rumors Sean Payton wanted Brees back, him coming in and getting a W would have been the ultimate slap in the face!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:30 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:

Don't look now but xmas keeps on giving this weekend. Fins win Monday nite and they jump 3 other teams to 7th seed with a follow up visit to Tennessee waiting in round 1 (if current seeds hold).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:24 pm 

carreramia wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:

Don't look now but xmas keeps on giving this weekend. Fins win Monday nite and they jump 3 other teams to 7th seed with a follow up visit to Tennessee waiting in round 1 (if current seeds hold).

Luck has a way of evening out over time, and I think we have used up our bad luck already. We aren't favored in any of our last three games, but if we win out and make the playoffs, we will have earned it. I think that most of us would agree that we were not a good team earlier in the year but that we have played ourselved back into being an average team. However, there are a lot of teams in the same situation. Look how many teams are within a game of .500. By definition, these teams are all average, and we are one of them. There are very few teams that don't have at least one significant flaw.

We are a fluke ending (Jax kicker makes that 58 yarder after a desperation first down grab) and a missed call (PI in endzone against Fuller that wasn't called) from being 9-5 instead of 7-7. We easily could have won the Atlanta game, too. I'm not saying we are good enough to be 9-5, just that we easily could be.

It is going to come down to a lot of Covid-related luck this year with regard to making the playoffs and advancing. I hope it goes our way, starting tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Quote:
Luck has a way of evening out over time, and I think we have used up our bad luck already.....I think that most of us would agree that we were not a good team earlier in the year but that we have played ourselved back into being an average team.

I don't know about "luck", there's quite a bit of incompetence built in there, but regardless, it's a curious moment no doubt but wonders like this are not sustainable if the changes already proven necessary are not made. A Fins playoff appearance, no matter the likelihood of one and done, will give us who knows how much more of Grier/Flores/Tua. It's too easy a decision for a vacillating owner.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:42 am 

carreramia wrote:
Quote:
Luck has a way of evening out over time, and I think we have used up our bad luck already.....I think that most of us would agree that we were not a good team earlier in the year but that we have played ourselved back into being an average team.

I don't know about "luck", there's quite a bit of incompetence built in there, but regardless, it's a curious moment no doubt but wonders like this are not sustainable if the changes already proven necessary are not made. A Fins playoff appearance, no matter the likelihood of one and done, will give us who knows how much more of Grier/Flores/Tua. It's too easy a decision for a vacillating owner.

Yes, we disagree on this. You have made up your mind about the threesome to the point that you won't trust anything good you see from them, believing it is an illusion. Is there anything that could happen to change your mind? (This reminds me of a friend who told me there was absolutely nothing that could happen that would convince him that Biden legitimately won the election. So, court case after court case, comments by other Republican leaders and officials, etc., etc., he ignores it all -- he has made up his mind and he dismisses objective reality. I'm not comparing the truths of these two examples, but rather his acknowledgement that he is so sure he is right that he isn't open to seeing that he could be wrong.)

Of the three, I have the most confidence in Tua. I also think Flores deserves another year -- I think he is growing as a coach. As for Grier, his first three picks were very good this year, but he as botched too many other things. Highest on my list are the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade, the first round picks of Austin Jackson and Igbinoghene, and the trade up from 12 to 6 in the draft last year). I would have no problem with replacing Grier.

What does your son think about Waddle? Your arguments about Tannehill were classic, and we all know how that turned out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:12 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:
You have made up your mind about the threesome to the point that you won't trust anything good you see from them. Is there anything that could happen to change your mind? ....Of the three, I have the most cofidence in Tua. I also think Flores deserves another year -- I think he is growing as a coach. As for Grier, his first three picks were very good this year, but he as botched too many other things. Highest on my list are the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade, the first round picks of Austin Jackson and Igbinoghene, and the trade up from 12 to 6 in the draft last year). I would have no problem with replacing Grier.b

What does your son think about Waddle? Your arguments about Tannehill were classic, and we all know how that turned out.

He and I agree that Waddle is being wasted. There's a reason the coaches don't feature a long game and it isn't necessarily the o-line. If someone argues that they have to explain how in multiple games of 60 plays plus each, when trailing, the coaches remain in the short pass play control game. They just don't call them.

Anyway, you say Flores needs time. Besides the stubborn attitude he exhibits, ie., Minka, how complicated is it for a long time NFL assistant, in a juggernaut team like NE, to now the exact type of assistants he needs to maximize the roster?

And we agree on Grier. Except the problem that if you fire him, the guy you hire will require say so in the HC. So Flores has to go.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:05 pm 

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:

He and I agree that Waddle is being wasted. There's a reason the coaches don't feature a long game and it isn't necessarily the o-line. If someone argues that they have to explain how in multiple games of 60 plays plus each, when trailing, the coaches remain in the short pass play control game. They just don't call them.

Anyway, you say Flores needs time. Besides the stubborn attitude he exhibits, ie., Minka, how complicated is it for a long time NFL assistant, in a juggernaut team like NE, to know the exact type of assistants he needs to maximize the roster?

And we agree on Grier. Except the problem that if you fire him, the guy you hire will require say so in the HC. So Flores has to go.

I meant to ask what Ivan thought about Tua, not Waddle. But now that you mention Waddle, I don't think he is being wasted. True, he isn't yet being used to his full capacity, but his skill of being able to get separation is absolutely necessary in our short passing game. There is a reason that teams don't all employ the "8-yard-route-completed-with-80%-accuracy" offense, and it isn't because it wouldn't work, in theory. You need a WR who can get open in an instant and a QB who can fit it into a tight window with accuracy. Waddle and Tua can do that. We really missed Waddle against the Jets. The good part is that he now got a three week rest and should be well-rested for these last three games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:14 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

prof123 wrote:

I guess if one considers mistakes, incompetence. Flores largest mistake is his changing of assistant coaches, without them being hired by other teams. I have zero issues with Miami keeping all three. Miami has constantly changed coaches every three yrs since 2003 and have two playoffs in that time. Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting the results to change is the definition is idiocy. The owner? Another story.

prof123 wrote:
Yes, we disagree on this. You have made up your mind about the threesome to the point that you won't trust anything good you see from them, believing it is an illusion. Is there anything that could happen to change your mind? (This reminds me of a friend who told me there was absolutely nothing that could happen that would convince him that Biden legitimately won the election. So, court case after court case, comments by other Republican leaders and officials, etc., etc., he ignores it all -- he has made up his mind and he dismisses objective reality.

Just a question. If there was fraud, do you believe they would announce it and prove to the American people that their votes truly do not count or would they cover it up to prevent just that? Election fraud has been going on since the dawn of the first election and will continue. Dem / Rep are working together while appearing to be working against each other. Keeping the American people from uniting.

prof123 wrote:
I'm not comparing the truths of these two examples, but rather his acknowledgement that he is so sure he is right that he isn't open to seeing that he could be wrong.)
100% agree.

prof123 wrote:
Of the three, I have the most confidence in Tua. I also think Flores deserves another year -- I think he is growing as a coach. As for Grier, his first three picks were very good this year, but he as botched too many other things. Highest on my list are the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade, the first round picks of Austin Jackson and Igbinoghene, and the trade up from 12 to 6 in the draft last year). I would have no problem with replacing Grier.

I have confidence in all three of them. Why? I look around the NFL to compare them. Flores is learning and the team responds to him. They play hard. Time and time again when Miami was going through the losing streak, they were saying he had lost the locker room. All he did was turn it around.. He is growing as a coach.

Tua is just a young Qb learning and unlike other Qbs, not piling up tons of mistakes. He has them, but again look around the NFL and show me a QB without them.

Grier while he has his share of mistakes, there is not one GM out there without their share of mistakes. Every GM wants this pick back, that pick back. They go with their best educated guess at the time. He also has his hits, which one cannot ignore. I do think they got a little to fancy in 2020 draft.

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next