1. The wildcat and spread offense will not officially bear the name 'drive killer offense', or DKO for short.
2. Henning proved yet again that he is hampering Henne more than anything. Why is it that going even back to last year, the only time Henning lets Henne unleash his talent, is when we are down two scores? How about calling some plays like we did last night, letting Henne pass the ball more, and putting up some points like this offense is capable of? The Bills and Vikings games were unnecessarily close. This offense was capable of putting up points then, just as it was last night, nothing has changed. JMO
3. Jason Allen played the goat last night. Overall I am satisfied with Allen, and I do believe he is currently the 2nd best corner we have on this roster, but last night he took his lumps. There were three plays (two on the same drive) that he botched last night, that allowed the Jets to win. (The slip on Edward's 67yd touchdown, not covering the underneath route on the Jets final drive on third down no less, and the PI call in the Endzone on the last drive).
4. Marshall is a stud! I honestly believe we use him poorly in this offense. Like the announcer said last night on our final drive, we needed to put Marshall in motion and give it to him in the endzone. I don't know why we aren't utilizing him more in the redzone, throw it up and let him jump for it. Just sayin.....
5. The defense is still very much a work in progress. We let a sucky quarterback have all day in the pocket to beat us. Sanchez is not nearly as good as we allowed him to look last night. We need to put pressure on the quarterback, or else we will make any qb look great.
6. The Jets I believe are the better team talent-wise, but I believe they are very beatable and this should turn out to be a close season between the two teams.
7. We need to find a way to get Ricky and Ronnie more yards. I don't think we are running the ball as effectively as we could/should.
8. Tightends continue to be very challenging for this defense. Keller looked way too comfortable last night, at least in the first half.
9. Wake struggles to set the edge against the run.
10. Vontae Davis is a corner nobody wants to mess with. I saw very little of him last night because Stankchez was too afraid to throw his way much. I wish we could have had Edwards and VD matched up last night.