View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Jets vs Phins - Thoughts 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Jets vs Phins - Thoughts
1. The wildcat and spread offense will not officially bear the name 'drive killer offense', or DKO for short.
2. Henning proved yet again that he is hampering Henne more than anything. Why is it that going even back to last year, the only time Henning lets Henne unleash his talent, is when we are down two scores? How about calling some plays like we did last night, letting Henne pass the ball more, and putting up some points like this offense is capable of? The Bills and Vikings games were unnecessarily close. This offense was capable of putting up points then, just as it was last night, nothing has changed. JMO
3. Jason Allen played the goat last night. Overall I am satisfied with Allen, and I do believe he is currently the 2nd best corner we have on this roster, but last night he took his lumps. There were three plays (two on the same drive) that he botched last night, that allowed the Jets to win. (The slip on Edward's 67yd touchdown, not covering the underneath route on the Jets final drive on third down no less, and the PI call in the Endzone on the last drive).
4. Marshall is a stud! I honestly believe we use him poorly in this offense. Like the announcer said last night on our final drive, we needed to put Marshall in motion and give it to him in the endzone. I don't know why we aren't utilizing him more in the redzone, throw it up and let him jump for it. Just sayin.....
5. The defense is still very much a work in progress. We let a sucky quarterback have all day in the pocket to beat us. Sanchez is not nearly as good as we allowed him to look last night. We need to put pressure on the quarterback, or else we will make any qb look great.
6. The Jets I believe are the better team talent-wise, but I believe they are very beatable and this should turn out to be a close season between the two teams.
7. We need to find a way to get Ricky and Ronnie more yards. I don't think we are running the ball as effectively as we could/should.
8. Tightends continue to be very challenging for this defense. Keller looked way too comfortable last night, at least in the first half.
9. Wake struggles to set the edge against the run.
10. Vontae Davis is a corner nobody wants to mess with. I saw very little of him last night because Stankchez was too afraid to throw his way much. I wish we could have had Edwards and VD matched up last night.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:43 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Jets vs Phins - Thoughts
Very good assessment of the game. The defense is still very much a work in progress and it obvious that the Jets targeted the OLB in the run game in regards to getting on the edge with the run game. The Jets got the corner several times and that is something that cannot happen.

The pass rush that had been so good the first 2 games did not register a sack last night and Mike Nolan will need to figure out someway to stop the damage that TE are doing. You can bet New England will come in and attack Yeremiah Bell with the young TE they drafted.

Dan Henning needs to learn to use ALL of his weapons effectively. Ricky and Ronnie are very good out of the backfield and in the screen game, but so far you have not hardly seen them used in that capacity. There is no reason why Miami cannot be a very balanced offensive attack, as they have the ability to run and pass the ball effectively.

The one thing that I think this regime has done a poor job of is addressing the special teams and specifically the return game. Say what you will about Ted Ginn, but he was a legitimate threat as a punt and kickoff return guy. I was hoping Miami would draft a guy late in the draft to address that, but they did not and they have no threat at all in the return game.

Getting a punt blocked was unforgivable and that should not happen. The cover units on kickoff returns left a lot to be desired as well.

There a lot to like about this young team, but they are very much a work in progress as we learned Sunday Night. Still, if they win the Monday Night game against New England, they will go into the bye week 3-1, which is pretty solid with the first 4 games.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]