All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:33 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

….no need to waste an early pick on a running back, right?

Oh…here are Jonathan Taylor’s stats for all the homers who insist Grier is fine…

193 rushes
1122 yds
5.8 Y/A
13 TD
32 Rec
322 yds
10.1 Y/R
2 TD

Outpacing last year by a bunch…..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:51 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Just gotten find something to complain about. Miami gets a win, so you complaining about something irrelevant.

If you actually believe this is what he would be doing in Miami then you are fooling yourself. Indy has one of the best OL in the NFL. Considering the post past production, every Miami fan would rather have Taylor.

Why ask such questions? Other than to let everyone on this board get a better grasp of what an unhappy person you are.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Everybody has their opinions man. If he’s “unhappy” and this is how he vents who gives a ****. It’s just fandom, one of the few childish traits we sometimes never lose as adults.

Too much petty infighting this season but I’ll never be for the censor ban hammer..so let it fly I guess.

My speech philosophy is I’d rather listen to the moronic ramblings of some lost & confused KKK guy than be a soft liberal overreacting, placing the duct tape over everyone else’s mouth in response…just make it more entertaining for the rest of us because you both sound redundantly sad.

:haha

Roast each other…or at least make it more ****ing entertaining for the rest that should count for something

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:55 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Everybody has their opinions man. If he’s “unhappy” and this is how he vents who gives a ****. It’s just fandom, one of the few childish traits we sometimes never lose as adults.

Too much petty infighting this season but I’ll never be for the censor ban hammer..so let it fly I guess.

My speech philosophy is I’d rather listen to the moronic ramblings of some lost & confused KKK guy than be a soft liberal overreacting, placing the duct tape over everyone else’s mouth in response…just make it more entertaining for the rest of us because you both sound redundantly sad.

Roast each other…or at least make it more ****ing entertaining for the rest that should count for something

Don't disagree. However, over and over and over and over and over and over. etc.... We all know. We are all very well aware of the Taylor has been doing and what Igby has not been doing. Come up with something original, but basically coping and pasting the same complaint is mind numbing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

By the way, Phinished, bro, I was not referring to you as a crazy rambling KKK guy…was just a broader feeling I had on free speech.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:13 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think most of us wanted Jonathan Taylor, but Flores wanted more defense and they loved Igby. At the time, we weren't sure if X would be around, and I had the feeling that Igby was X's future replacement ... just like Hunter Long was supposed to be Gesicki's replacement.

Sometimes I wonder if Flores is influencing the conservative "safe" approach on offense. Many defensive minded coaches, with the exception of 'Cheat, like a conservative offense that doesn't lose game and a dominant defense to keep the win. Whatever the approach, this offense is still doing better than what the offensive guru whom we had as our last head coach did, but it's painful to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

I'm not sure Jonathan Taylor (nor any running back) does well behind this offensive line. Gotta fix that first then get an RB.

That doesn't mean Igby was the right pick though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:16 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I'm not sure Jonathan Taylor (nor any running back) does well behind this offensive line. Gotta fix that first then get an RB.

That doesn't mean Igby was the right pick though.

Oh by all means, Taylor’s stats woukd suffer in Miami. The difference though, I believe, is he gets you a lot of those 3rd or 4th and short first down runs…and he makes one or two big plays a game just on his talent. We have not had that kind of a back in quite awhile…..last two I can remember were the pot smoker and Ronnie Brown. The ganja man was a once in a generation kind of talent, but Miami just is not allowed to have nice things. We did have a fullback some years back who converted a lot of 1 yard runs into first downs…..Politte, iirc?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:41 am 

Csonka.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Csonka.

Well….reaching back to Caonka is quite awhile ago. He did play for Miami up to ‘74, and then return for a season in ‘79, but the heyday in ‘73 was his last 1,000 yard season…almost half a century ago! Yet today, this is what Dolphin fans have to harken back to when we think of glory days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:51 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Csonka.

Well….reaching back to Caonka is quite awhile ago. He did play for Miami up to ‘74, and then return for a season in ‘79, but the heyday in ‘73 was his last 1,000 yard season…almost half a century ago! Yet today, this is what Dolphin fans have to harken back to when we think of glory days.

Actually, we have Ricky Williams, too, but that was a very long time ago, too. If Ricky had lasted more than a few years with us, I wouldn't have minded those two first round picks we traded for him. It is about time for the Dolphins to invest in a dominant running back. Grier needs to rethink his free agent approach to running backs. None have been worth adding to the team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Phinished wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Csonka.

Actually, we have Ricky Williams, too, but that was a very long time ago, too. If Ricky had lasted more than a few years with us, I wouldn't have minded those two first round picks we traded for him. It is about time for the Dolphins to invest in a dominant running back. Grier needs to rethink his free agent approach to running backs. None have been worth adding to the team.

I already mentioned Ricky in the tread….I just call him the pot smoker.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]