Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tua or Mac Jones
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:26 pm 

Come on Scot be honest.

Post subject: Re: Tua or Mac Jones
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Didn’t know Jones was available when we drafted Tua…? Guess I’m confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:04 pm 

You are confused a lot. It is a simple question. Mac or Tua?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:09 pm 

I'll take their OL and their coach. Then I wouldn't care whether my QB was Tua or Jones.
If Jones were here and Tua were in New England, who do you think would be playing better?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

I think you should throw Jalen Hurt in to the conversation.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wayne Gretzky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:14 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Makchell wrote:
Come on Scot be honest.

Skill wise. Tua. My one and only concern with Tua is will he be able to take the hits. Other than that he has everything a team wants in a Qb. Great leader, deadly accurate, enough mobility to run when he has to. Doesn't have the strongest arm, but has enough to make the throws.

The biggest issue for Tua has been the coaches/org undermining him from the get go. Miami can write a book on how not to handle a young QB.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
Come on Scot be honest.

This is prior to yesterday's game. Keep in mind that the Patriots have one of the veteran/better offensive lines in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:23 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
You are confused a lot. It is a simple question. Mac or Tua?

Why not Tua or Dak? Tua or Tom Brady?
There is little or no relevance to your query, unless you are suggesting we should have drafted Jones this year after already drafted Tua the year before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Both out of the league in 5 years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:

When you look at some of the backup QBs in this league, your comment is purely biased.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:52 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
FINesse wrote:

When you look at some of the backup QBs in this league, your comment is purely biased.

OK , So maybe they stick around as backups and extend their careers like Flacco or Brissett.
But if your gonna link Tua to someone its not Jones who was in a different draft , its Herbert.
But linking is not fair either. Look , Dave ... you know as well as I do that we have seen this before.
Favorable part of schedule , pull off some wins , get us back to respectability. So you have renewed confidence in your young QB. But the losses earlier cannot be discounted or forgotten either. So we finish the year with a somewhat respectable record , Ross who is a bad owner brings back Grier and Flores because the feeling is that we are that team in the second half of the season and not the first. Another slow to develop draft class or one that does not develop at all and this rollercoaster continues and that is how we are stuck in mediocrity. If you are going to suggest Jones is better because of the staff around him then you need to take action and do something about it because teams who were lesser than us when this regime took over have now surpassed us.
All homer jokes aside , its time to face reality or we will still be living in 1972 for quite sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
But if your gonna link Tua to someone its not Jones who was in a different draft , its Herbert.

Yep, I agree. The best quarterback in last year's draft is Justin Herbert. He has all the tools to be very good. He can do it all. When he is done, he could own several passing records.

FINesse wrote:
Look , Dave ... you know as well as I do that we have seen this before.
Favorable part of schedule , pull off some wins , get us back to respectability. So you have renewed confidence in your young QB. But the losses earlier cannot be discounted or forgotten either. So we finish the year with a somewhat respectable record , Ross who is a bad owner brings back Grier and Flores because the feeling is that we are that team in the second half of the season and not the first. Another slow to develop draft class or one that does not develop at all and this rollercoaster continues and that is how we are stuck in mediocrity. If you are going to suggest Jones is better because of the staff around him then you need to take action and do something about it because teams who were lesser than us when this regime took over have now surpassed us.
All homer jokes aside , its time to face reality or we will still be living in 1972 for quite sometime.

I cannot argue with you. I like the winning streak, but I didn't see a whole lot to get excited about. This was a game where our lame OCs should have tested the Jets very young secondary as other teams have done, but we stuck to the safe dink and dunk passes. Pure frustration. The Dolphins could pull off 3 more wins in a row (Panthers - have a better record than us, Giants, Jets) and get to 7-7 but the last three games are the Saints, Titans, and Patriots. I'll take it one game at a time and enjoy the season, but the Jets game showed me that this team is still struggling.

One thing I will say is that the Dolphins/Jets rivalry has always been a rivalry where you throw out the records. So, I will be happy that we were not upset in this one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phin wrote:
Why not Tua or Dak? Tua or Tom Brady?
There is little or no relevance to your query, unless you are suggesting we should have drafted Jones this year after already drafted Tua the year before.

Because some people have a narrative and just love other teams players more than Miami, because they half watch other teams players.

Now had he ask about Herbert, then I would understand. Now in that one, I would "now" take Herbert. Draft time 2020. No. Herbert was far more up in the air.

There is not one advantage Tua has over Herbert or Jones.

Some Miami fans are out here walking around acting like Tua is playing like Ryan Leaf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:36 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Tell me this is an easy throw.

Here's this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:24 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Come guys. Admit it. "He sucks" Says random fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:13 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
FINesse wrote:

OK , So maybe they stick around as backups and extend their careers like Flacco or Brissett.
But linking is not fair either. Look , Dave ... you know as well as I do that we have seen this before.

No since talking to the homers. They wear rose colored glasses with blinders. This organization is just bad right now. Grier blows chunks and Flores is stubborn and only bends when stuff is just about broken. This is the cushy part of an easy schedule. The team should have won at least 3 more games. You watch….they will win out till the last two weeks ans sit at 8-7 and then roll over and die against King Henry (they are saying he returns from injury in January…just wow) and Then Bellicheat…in Miami. They finish 8-9. Lather, rinse, repeat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 am 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

FINesse wrote:
But the losses earlier cannot be discounted or forgotten either.

Just a reminder. Three of those losses, Tua did not play. His return he played really well and the D failed to show up.

Also, just a reminder to all. Not counting the 1st Bills game this yr where he only played 9 snaps. Tua has only started 14 games.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I can respect that, and honestly agree with most of what you say. I do think that Tua, with a decent line, average running game, and a competent staff, has pro bowl potential.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FINesse wrote:
But the losses earlier cannot be discounted or forgotten either.

Just a reminder. Three of those losses, Tua did not play. His return he played really well and the D failed to show up.

Also, just a reminder to all. Not counting the 1st Bills game this yr where he only played 9 snaps. Tua has only started 14 games.

Soft. Thank you for clarifying that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Leadership. Class.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tua

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:55 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Of course they won't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Of course they won't.

The facts and statistics are unnecessary Dave. The eye test has already proven that Tua is a bust. We have been kidding ourselves with delusional thoughts about winning games, completing most his passes, having a good TD/Int ratio, and showing leadership. All that matters is the eye test and the strength of a rocket arm capable of punching holes through receivers at 80yards.

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]