All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:38 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Gee, I wonder why the offense has played so poorly ....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:30 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

These last couple of weeks have really been a lesson in seeing the forest from the trees.

I won't go as far as saying Phinished had this all figured out, but he and Carreramia saw right through the charade. It is one thing when an assistant gets plucked for an upgrade with another team (that is a sign of success). It is another when they keep leaving voluntarily for lateral or lesser positions elsewhere.

Couple all of this with the word that people in the front office are rooting for Tua to fail because they are spiteful they didn't get their binkie, Justin Herbert, and you cannot have anything but contempt for this team.

This is why I loved when the players (and I thought Flores) gave the middle finger to the front office during the tank job by winning 5 games.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:23 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

I won't go as far as saying Phinished had this all figured out, but he and Carreramia saw right through the charade.

When you are a constant pessimist, it can look that way. Doesn’t mean you know anything, just playing the odds. You can be right for the wrong reasons.
There was little prior to this season to suggest this team would regress the way that it has. It’s easy to look back with 20/20 vision and say that there was, but even the experts were predicting a fairly successful season this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:41 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phin wrote:
jammer wrote:

I won't go as far as saying Phinished had this all figured out, but he and Carreramia saw right through the charade.

When you are a constant pessimist, it can look that way. Doesn’t mean you know anything, just playing the odds. You can be right for the wrong reasons.
There was little prior to this season to suggest this team would regress the way that it has. It’s easy to look back with 20/20 vision and say that there was, but even the experts were predicting a fairly successful season this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree, Neal. He was complaining even after our 10-6 season when the team was trending up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:44 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phin wrote:
That is the issue. This team has not regressed. They won last yr with smoke and mirrors. The turnover ratio was unsustainable. Many pundits predicted a potential 1-5 start. The only difference, they thought the one win would come against Jacksonville and not New England. So if anyone took an honest look at this team, then they would not be OMG. Winning typically covers up issues.

So if anyone truly took an honest look at this team, they would know Miami was not as good last yr as their record showed. Now, Miami potentially could clean things up and go on a run of W's with their remaining schedule. This team is not ready for the big dogs and that is why I have maintained, sometime the hard decision is the stay the course.

Tua may never be a Tier 1 Qb, but I think he will be a solid Tier 2.

Also, the way Miami fans are acting with Tua is why I call BS everytime they say Miami passed on Brees twice. It took Brees until Yr 4 before he started playing well. No way Miami fans would have not wanted him gone quickly, just like they are with Tua.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]