All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:45 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

They are just ruining my team. If this happens with 22 civil suits against him it is a sign of desperation. Watson was 4-12 last year. Is he better than Tua? Right now he is.

PFT wrote:
The Texans have kept Deshaun Watson on their roster all season, but they have made him inactive for every game. Watson soon may have a new home and a chance to revive his career.

The Texans could have a deal with the Dolphins completed this week, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports. The trade deadline is Nov. 2, and the Dolphins play the Texans on Dec. 7.

Texans General Manager Nick Caserio has been asking for three first-round draft choices and two second-round picks. Watson has a no-trade clause and would have to approve any deal, but it is expected he would accept a trade to the Dolphins.

Watson still faces 22 civil lawsuits accusing him of sexual assault and misconduct, and police and NFL investigations are ongoing. The NFL, to this point, has not had a decision to make about whether to place Watson on the Commissioner’s Exempt List.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... this-week/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:49 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

At this point....I say go for it. Our team has been ruined for over a decade

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:52 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Why not do this deal a month ago. Waited until the season was over. Think this is coming from the owners box. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

This would be the final straw for me. I’ll come back when he isn’t on the team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:24 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

Big Dave wrote:
They are just ruining my team. If this happens with 22 civil suits against him it is a sign of desperation. Watson was 4-12 last year. Is he better than Tua? Right now he is.

PFT wrote:
The Texans have kept Deshaun Watson on their roster all season, but they have made him inactive for every game. Watson soon may have a new home and a chance to revive his career.

The Texans could have a deal with the Dolphins completed this week, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports. The trade deadline is Nov. 2, and the Dolphins play the Texans on Dec. 7.

Texans General Manager Nick Caserio has been asking for three first-round draft choices and two second-round picks. Watson has a no-trade clause and would have to approve any deal, but it is expected he would accept a trade to the Dolphins.

Watson still faces 22 civil lawsuits accusing him of sexual assault and misconduct, and police and NFL investigations are ongoing. The NFL, to this point, has not had a decision to make about
whether to place Watson on the Commissioner’s Exempt List.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... this-week/

I have a feeling this could very well happen whether we like it or not. I would hope that Miami's legal staff would have checked out as much as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:26 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

1984phins wrote:

I will struggle greatly if they do. It will be a lowest of lows for this team. It will be an embarrassment to trade for an accused sexual predator, but morals in this world are scarce. I will truly ashamed if they do

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:52 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Also, do not be surprised if these are false reports being floated out there to try to get Miami fans to apply pressure to the team to make the trade.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

1984phins wrote:

Same for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:22 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This would only be done as a last ditch effort by a dying regime to save their jobs. It’s a nuclear option because it hedges our best draft assets for the next few years on a player that probably won’t be allowed to play this year. What I saw in the Jaguars game wouldn’t be solved by bringing in Watson. Tua did well enough in that game, we lost for other reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:57 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

1984phins wrote:

You won't see me on this site for a while if they do.

I'd rather they trade for Russell Wilson at this point and hope for his recovery for next season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I believe in some sense of karma or bad mojo and signing this cat is def on the spectrum.

Ugly, ugly move.

Jammer, if you thought picking up Tua at 5 was bad, your patience and persistence ain’t gonna stop that nightmare from coming back with a vengeance

:)

This is stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:00 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If this is true, then worst timing....Miami dealing from a point of weakness with their record, the loss to Jax, and the wide criticism they are getting...then again, speculation supreme of course, maybe the Jax game in a way was a showcasing that Tua is on the mend and is not damaged goods and would be of interest to Houston in a deal.

Tua should have received the rest of the season, then deal in the off-season when they have tangible results from Tua before moving on, and maybe by then the Watson dust settles, but maybe Ross is fed up with his chosen “generals” and wants change, wants an injection of attention, either negative or positive, it don’t matter ..Ross has to be embarrassed by the product of Grier and co., and despite the many fans that are sickened by this Watson deal, again, if this is real and not more media hype, if Watson is eligible to play he will undoubtedly inject an all time interest in Miami. And that’s what Ross is looking for, this year and beyond.

Hope they cover their behind in case Watson is a ’22 inactive. I would think they will check with the league and get confirmation that the guy can play now. I mean, nobody knows.

And if this goes down, hope that Tua lands somewhere either now or after the season where he can get a shot to play........he’s a good, hard working kid, he just landed on a team that is run by morons, who couldn’t put two draft picks together to make fire.... I would hope he’s part of the deal, if there is a deal, would not want him here with Watson around. It isn’t fair to him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Current rumors are Tua to either Denver or Washington.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Can you f’ing imagine if they traded a dude of Tua’s personality & character for the booty hole crusader? Miami housewives will storm Hard Rock and demand justice.

This honestly hits very differently than your run of the mill empty move…yuck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:05 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

From Dave Hyde....

Quote:
The Dolphins initially put out a depth chart Wednesday that didn’t have Tua on it. Jacoby Brissett was listed as starter. Within minutes, that changed, and Tua was again the listed starter. Hmm.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
Hope they cover their behind in case Watson is a ’22 inactive. I would think they will check with the league and get confirmation that the guy can play now.

Dude this shhh is outta the league’s hands

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:09 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

When JT went to the Jets I remember all the "He is dead to me" posts.
That sentiment did not last long.
While trading for Watson I think is terrible with all the suits looming , I have a feeling he will be supported.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:21 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

FINesse wrote:
While trading for Watson I think is terrible with all the suits looming , I have a feeling he will be supported.

We aren't talking about a guy who looked for Super Bowl in the twilight of his career.

We are talking about moving on from a very talented young QB for a quick fix who may be a monster. Sorry, can't get on board with this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:53 pm 

FINesse wrote:

This is not even remotely the same.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:09 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Count me in the crowd that will pack up all my Dolphins gear and walk away from football when this happens, at least until he and everyone involved in the decision are gone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Hope they cover their behind in case Watson is a ’22 inactive. I would think they will check with the league and get confirmation that the guy can play now.

Dude this shhh is outta the league’s hands

Dude, we know as much as your friendly UPS driver.....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The speculation I’ve read is that the only reason the league has not suspended Watson is because Houston won’t play him. That most likely would change should a deal send Watson somewhere else where he would see playing time. The league would then be forced to play their hand which is likely to be a suspension due to the severity and number of lawsuits/charges he/will face.
It would be pure foolishness for anyone to trade for this man until he is cleared of charges.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Who updated and marked for death Carr’s profile?

:)

Phin wrote:
The speculation I’ve read is that the only reason the league has not suspended Watson is because Houston won’t play him. That most likely would change should a deal send Watson somewhere else where he would see playing time.

But they still allow him to collect a paycheck? That makes zero sense.

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:42 pm 

Prepare yourself for the rare NFL midseason blockbuster. According to reports, the Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, and Washington Football Team are closing in on a three-team exchange that would send embattled QB Deshaun Watson to Miami and QB Tua Tagovailoa to Washington.

Sounds like it could be a three way.. If the rumors are true.

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-trade-rumo ... tson-deal/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinsforever wrote:
Prepare yourself for the rare NFL midseason blockbuster. According to reports, the Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, and Washington Football Team are closing in on a three-team exchange that would send embattled QB Deshaun Watson to Miami and QB Tua Tagovailoa to Washington.

Sounds like it could be a three way.. If the rumors are true.

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-trade-rumo ... tson-deal/

The Washington Football Team moniker will never not be hilariously pitiful, they deserve Watson not Miami

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:29 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

If this happens, I really may need to pull a TommyNoleFin The Traitor move and walk away from this franchise. Watson was a Pro Bowler or played at that level last year and Houston won a total of four games. He won't be able to fix the Coaching, O-Line, Defense and Health issues, that's even if he isn't suspended or incarcerated. This is 100% Grier trying to save his job by trading away valuable assets and placing the blame on Tua. If this trade looks to go through and it's for a massive haul and Ross okays it, we are absolutely done for years to come. No cap room, no picks, no one with a brain running the show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I’ll be done with this team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:20 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

My question is how does Miami fit all this new money into 3 plus million cap space. Tua would be a and hope my numbers are correct. 15 million cap hit this yr & Watson would be just over 7 million.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:58 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Good lord. I'm already like 3/4 into hockey mode because of this team. This trade happens and I'm full on done until this dude is off the roster.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:52 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Just read a Tony Pauline update on the situation. He basically said this is completely a Stephen Ross move and he doesn't care if he sacrifices future capital for immediate satisfaction. He also noted that some in the organization have already given up on Tua (this must have happened prior to the season since the rumors began then). Oh, and Flores and Grier are completely on the hot seat.

So Ross's master plan is to blow the whole thing up and come away with a QB who has 22 allegations of sexual assault against him. The rest I guess will fall into place in the old fool's mind.

This is quite frankly my lowest point as a Miami fan (not sure I'm even going to be one much longer). Ross is going to sell the farm, get a QB who may never play again, and leave zero capital to help rebuild.

I think we finally know who the problem has been since Parcells left the organization. The guy who always meddled, always did half measures and when finally getting a chance to right the ship decides to set the franchise back for maybe another decade.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:31 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So wait a minute. Miami is pushing all of their chips in to get Watson but then are simultaneously trading their best player, Xavien Howard?

Is there a 10 year old running operations like this is Madden Football? Can we go in and make everyone rating a 99 and win every game 72-0?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Who updated and marked for death Carr’s profile?

Dave ought to know, how many players here have that authority? But I found it cute and not all that original given the apparent ease by board players to change things. Debating and trash talk is part of the entertainment so I consider the stunt a compliment that I got deep under the guy’s skin.

Although if I could make a request, it would have been more original if the baby had a ceeegar, a brandy on one hand and a tilted fedora a la James Cagney.

Anyway, I can dish it and take it and childish pranks like that one just makes it more fun to come here and continue to rub the hidden character the wrong way.

Bring it on!

:excited

Last edited by carreramia on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:39 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
... Tony Pauline ... said this is completely a Stephen Ross move and he doesn't care if he sacrifices future capital for immediate satisfaction. ...

I think we finally know who the problem has been since Parcells left the organization. The guy who always meddled, always did half measures and when finally getting a chance to right the ship decides to set the franchise back for maybe another decade.

I think you echo many of us who feel that this is our very lowest point of being a Dolphins fan. I don't think I could go any lower, but once this trade goes through I will feel a new low. I've always been behind Ross despite his many mistakes, but this would be his worst mistake. Is he on his death bed and thinks that Watson can save a bad team? What did Watson do last year despite top 5 QB play? He had a 4 win season. Watson has too much baggage and the risk is enormous. If he wants to give up on Tua, then fine (I do not agree just yet), but right now Watson is a ticking time bomb.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:50 am 

jammer wrote:

Exactly right. I would also lose interest in the Dolphins. I can't imagine that members of this board are unique in Dolphin fanland. Has Ross done any homework on what fans think about this? Does he care?

But even beyond the Watson off-field issues, I'd be opposed to this move after seeing Tua's last game. He convinced me that he can be part of the solution here. He isn't the problem. I will LMAO if we trade Tua somewhere and he goes on to become a franchise QB (which I think he will). While the team hasn't played well this year, there is no reason to blow the team up now. They have much better talent than they did in previous years, and it would be crazy to trade away more young talent and picks. What they need is a coach who can put that together and a GM who can utilize the picks we have accumulated. Watson won't fix that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:53 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Got this coming out ESPN. Either the rumors are true or Watson's agent is doing his client a fine service.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:01 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
I would hope that Miami's legal staff would have checked out as much as possible.

The problem with this is that their legal team is probably as proficient as their talent evaluators and medical staff. :hithead:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:10 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
So wait a minute. Miami is pushing all of their chips in to get Watson but then are simultaneously trading their best player, Xavien Howard?

Not heard Howard being traded. They probably will have to purge several top players to fit it in under the cap.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:49 am 

jammer wrote:
Just read a Tony Pauline update on the situation. He basically said this is completely a Stephen Ross move and he doesn't care if he sacrifices future capital for immediate satisfaction. He also noted that some in the organization have already given up on Tua (this must have happened prior to the season since the rumors began then). Oh, and Flores and Grier are completely on the hot seat.

So Ross's master plan is to blow the whole thing up and come away with a QB who has 22 allegations of sexual assault against him. The rest I guess will fall into place in the old fool's mind.

This is quite frankly my lowest point as a Miami fan (not sure I'm even going to be one much longer). Ross is going to sell the farm, get a QB who may never play again, and leave zero capital to help rebuild.

Well my fears seem to be coming true if this report is right. It is not finally for me realizing where the problem lies for the Phins. I don't beat it to death but I have been consistent in pointing out I think boss Ross is the problem. He is not a football guy and does not understand how the NFL is run. I hope he does not go through with this and someone pulls him back from the brink. I keep hoping he might stumble into picking the right combination of gm and coach and was hoping after last year I could give Ross credit for making some good decisions.

If this is true how the guy who raked his own team through the muck for bullygate could make this move speaks to me more of mental instability then old man desperation. Hopefully this is all rumor and Ross has a good plan in place. Not exactly holding my breath.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:00 am 

The more I think about this the more certain it seems that this is rumours. As much as I dislike Ross not even be could be this inept.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
The more I think about this the more certain it seems that this is rumours. As much as I dislike Ross not even be could be this inept.

I guess we will see. He's 81 and most fans don't like him anyways.

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next