All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:19 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I really don't see this skid changing course either. Even if we do win a few more games, Flores' has lost his team. It's not from a lack of effort, but a lack of concentration and focus.

Mike Masala (DolphinsWire/USA Today wrote:
On Monday, ESPN’s “Fantasy Focus”, hosted by Field Yates and Matthew Berry, discussed the fantasy relevance of quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, and running back Myles Gaskin. At the end of the conversation, Berry shared his thoughts on the Dolphins following their Week 6 loss.

“They don’t know what they’re doing in Miami,” Berry said. “The entire franchise, at the moment, is a mess. It really feels like their offense on many days is just sort of like they’re making it up as they go along.”

These are the exact sentiments that fans and some media members have been harping on in the early parts of the season. Head coach Brian Flores, co-offensive coordinator/play-caller George Godsey, and defensive coordinator Josh Boyer are struggling mightily to keep their team afloat six games in.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... re-a-mess/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:32 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

"For a team that seemed to be building in the right direction over the past two seasons, they have fallen back to the floor and might’ve fallen through it."

:haha :haha :haha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:51 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
"For a team that seemed to be building in the right direction over the past two seasons, they have fallen back to the floor and might’ve fallen through it."

:haha :haha :haha

Popcorn ceilings are the worst

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

The more I read this stuff the more I am at peace with the Jacksonville loss. Even winning in OT would have simply been putting lipstick on a pig.

Miami has a few studs and future studs on the team. Heck, I still think they have the talent to be a 10 win team (if they get a real RT and RB). Find a guy who can fortify the foundation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

If this if truly this issue. I hoping for a Tom Coughlin. If memory serves me correct. The Giants were in a free fall and the player addressed it and Coughlin listened and changed his approach.

I'm tired of every three yrs lets reboot and start over. Its not work in 20 yrs, lets look deeper to see if the issues can be corrects without trading everyone and starting over. AGAIN!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:34 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Left field suggestion, but what about Marvin Lewis?

Similar to Andy Reid with track record before SB success (okay, Andy had a few more playoff wins). Loved and respected by his players. Loyal, maybe to a fault. But now has an owner who will spend money and some good weapons on both sides of the ball.

If Carson Palmer didn't have his knee nuked that team was going somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
If this if truly this issue. I hoping for a Tom Coughlin. If memory serves me correct. The Giants were in a free fall and the player addressed it and Coughlin listened and changed his approach.

I'm tired of every three yrs lets reboot and start over. Its not work in 20 yrs, lets look deeper to see if the issues can be corrects without trading everyone and starting over. AGAIN!!!!

Ha!

I was gonna mention Coughlin. He’s too old to put all your trust in though, he’s had to have declined cognitively by now, he looked 75 years old both times they beat NE.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Left field suggestion, but what about Marvin Lewis?

Similar to Andy Reid with track record before SB success (okay, Andy had a few more playoff wins). Loved and respected by his players. Loyal, maybe to a fault. But now has an owner who will spend money and some good weapons on both sides of the ball.

If Carson Palmer didn't have his knee nuked that team was going somewhere.

Lewis would be on my no fly list for sure, but who knows man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:48 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I was gonna mention Coughlin. He’s too old to put all your trust in though, he’s had to have declined cognitively by now, he looked 75 years old both times they beat NE.
Factually was not suggestiing that Coughlin should be hired, but more of a point. Coughlin was a hard arse coach and the team basically revolted against and addressed it with him. He listened and learned and again if memory serves me correct the Giants went on to win the SB in 2011.

Now, I'm not suggesting that this would happen to Miami, but at some point does Miami not have to try something different then wash, rinse and repeat every three yrs?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:36 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I suppose we need a GM first an it is that man who will pick the coaching staff….Is there anyone who was associated with a long term successful franchise that is not New England? Someone from the Steelers organization…or the Ravens?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:38 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phinished wrote:
I suppose we need a GM first an it is that man who will pick the coaching staff….Is there anyone who was associated with a long term successful franchise that is not New England? Someone from the Steelers organization…or the Ravens?

Of course there are. Look at Az. They cleaned house, brought in their QB, a young offense minded head coach and now they are a SB contender. Rams is another one. SD is on the same path. The Bills. Where were they four, five years ago? The Browns. They have acquired pretty good talent although Mayfield may be holding them back, but the idea is the same.

And in terms of immediate competition, in addition to the Bills, NE is going to be a force again soon (if not already) and have their young QB in place.

And of course it’s going to take some time but the Dolphins have to start now, sooner rather than later. And those changes would bring a new excitement to the franchise, new expectations. Today, those expectations we shared two, three years ago are now just disappointment.

There’s talent on this team, maybe not all-pro talent at this time but enough to build with. Coaching has been a tremendous hold back not expected of Flores, but things are coming out that make that choice reason no. 1 for change. Combine that with the problems drafting and it just says clean house.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]