All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Waddle was open and one man to beat for an easy TD…. What an awful throw by Tua. A good day, but that should have been 6.

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/14 ... a-ugly-int

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/dolphins ... a-ugly-int

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:27 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

USA Today said Tua Int was one of the worse Int, you will ever see? Really? He just did not get enough air under the ball to make it over the CB. No hyperbole there especially when this Int happened today.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Broken record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Please enlighten us on why that throw was good? WTF was he doing on that play?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:49 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
Please enlighten us on why that throw was good? WTF was he doing on that play?

Was it a terribly underthrown pass? Yes, it was. He threw 47 or so passes, and just about everyone said that he had a good game and that he wasn't the problem. So, one interception out of nearly 50 passes (should he even be throwing 50 passes in a game after being out with a rib injury?), and even he admits that he isn't 100% yet. Gronk is still out with his rib injury. You are clearly anti-Tua biased. There is no way to enlighted a thoroughly biased individual. If you complained that Grier lost this game because he didn't draft a good RB, maybe I could see a good argument. But, you know, the record just keeps skipping and skipping.

Joe Schad (Palm Beach Post) wrote:
Tagovailoa said after the game that he is not 100 percent healthy after returning from a three-game absence with broken ribs. But he wanted to play.

And Tua played well.

He repeatedly targeted Mike Gesicki (115 yards) and Waddle (70 yards) with great success. He was accurate. He was aggressive. He was in fine form.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 500854002/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Was it a terribly underthrown pass? Yes, it was. He threw 47 or so passes, and just about everyone said that he had a good game and that he wasn't the problem. So, one interception out of nearly 50 passes (should he even be throwing 50 passes in a game after being out with a rib injury?), and even he admits that he isn't 100% yet. Gronk is still out with his rib injury. You are clearly anti-Tua biased. There is no way to enlighted a thoroughly biased individual. If you complained that Grier lost this game because he didn't draft a good RB, maybe I could see a good argument. But, you know, the record just keeps skipping and skipping.
Miami fans and even some on this board, never watch other QBs with the same eye of expectation of perfection. They continually look for failure in Miami players, because failure is their life story.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Miami fans and even some on this board, never watch other QBs with the same eye of expectation of perfection. They continually look for failure in Miami players, because failure is their life story.

Exactly Brady throws bad balls. Rodgers the same, Mahomes has like 8 ints.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:02 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinsforever wrote:

Can you imagine the uproar if Tua had thrown the Int that Mahomes did yesterday? That was potentially the worst Int I have ever seen thrown.. Of course we hear nothing about the pick 6 the white poster boy threw that gave Dallas the lead last night. Its alright, because we champion Jones or the Int Justin Fields threw because he did not know he did not have a free play. The hypocrisy on this board runs rampant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinsforever wrote:

Can you imagine the uproar if Tua had thrown the Int that Mahomes did yesterday? That was potentially the worst Int I have ever seen thrown.. Of course we hear nothing about the pick 6 the white poster boy threw that gave Dallas the lead last night. Its alright, because we champion Jones or the Int Justin Fields threw because he did not know he did not have a free play. The hypocrisy on this board runs rampant

Everyone compares every QB we have to Dan Marino who was a Hall of Fame QB. I hate to remind people that Danny threw A LOT of interceptions. He threw 420 TD passes, but he also threw 252 Interceptions. That is less than a 2:1 ratio. Give the kid some slack. He has to learn the NFL game behind a porous OL. Danny didn't as he already had an established Shula made OL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:15 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

The more video I see of Tua's drop backs from people posting All 22 the more I am convinced that he has star potential.

I cannot believe that he got some throws off and the accuracy is superb. Tannehill would have folded like a lawn chair in those pockets.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
The more video I see of Tua's drop backs from people posting All 22 the more I am convinced that he has star potential.

I cannot believe that he got some throws off and the accuracy is superb. Tannehill would have folded like a lawn chair in those pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxldqtHGWkA

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:08 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:

No one noticed the reduction of dropped passes. Tua is still under one yr of NFL game experience. He does not look imposing like Herbert, but the guy is skilled and a leader.

We saw what happens to Herbert when he faced a quality D in the Ravens Sunday, but I'm sure on this board it was missed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:

No one noticed the reduction of dropped passes. Tua is still under one yr of NFL game experience. He does not look imposing like Herbert, but the guy is skilled and a leader.

We saw what happens to Herbert when he faced a quality D in the Ravens Sunday, but I'm sure on this board it was missed.

Herbert still deserves his credit. I said before that his skill set will mask a lot of rookie mental mistakes. I think Tua is far superior with pocket presence. But Herbert's accuracy and decision making are pretty darn good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:

Herbert still deserves his credit. I said before that his skill set will mask a lot of rookie mental mistakes. I think Tua is far superior with pocket presence. But Herbert's accuracy and decision making are pretty darn good.
Did not dislike Herbert, but on draft day 2020 I thought Tua was the safer choice. Yes, Herbert is imposing Qb in szie, but many especially on this board like to play revisionist. Herbert came out of Oregon with many questions because of his lack luster season. He does look like a future stud. However, I do not think Herbert at this time is ready for prime time. Tua, given the quality of players that Herbert has is a champion QB.

He will make mistakes because its the nature of the beast. I've watch Brady/Manning have five int. games. So I realize even the best have those games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:25 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:

Did not dislike Herbert, but on draft day 2020 I thought Tua was the safer choice. Yes, Herbert is imposing Qb in szie, but many especially on this board like to play revisionist. Herbert came out of Oregon with many questions because of his lack luster season. He does look like a future stud. However, I do not think Herbert at this time is ready for prime time. Tua, given the quality of players that Herbert has is a champion QB.

He will make mistakes because its the nature of the beast. I've watch Brady/Manning have five int. games. So I realize even the best have those games.

I was against Tua after he got that injury in his bowl game. I said no way. I also was against Herbert, because I thought he benefitted from a gigantic line and top running game at Oregon…I preferred Eason. Boy was I wrong about Herbert! That does not excuse Grier and pals….they make a living with football decisions. Eason was the backup in Indy, but recently got released….I think he is worth a look. He never got much of a shot behind Rivers, Brissett and then Wentz.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:38 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

This is what a leader does after he makes a mistake ... he drives down the field 91 yards to put the team ahead. Let's talk about that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:12 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
Eason was the backup in Indy, but recently got released….I think he is worth a look. He never got much of a shot behind Rivers, Brissett and then Wentz.

I too was a big fan of Eason's arm talent, size and mobility.

I honestly don't think he has it upstairs and there were discussions about very poor interviewing during draft season. Not sure he has good leadership skills.

I'd bring him in but I doubt he suddenly finds IT in Miami.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:21 pm 

jammer wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Eason was the backup in Indy, but recently got released….I think he is worth a look. He never got much of a shot behind Rivers, Brissett and then Wentz.

I too was a big fan of Eason's arm talent, size and mobility.

I honestly don't think he has it upstairs and there were discussions about very poor interviewing during draft season. Not sure he has good leadership skills.

I'd bring him in but I doubt he suddenly finds IT in Miami.

Seattle just picked him up.

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]