All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:48 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Kickers are nobodies in this day and age of the fast and gunning NFL. However.....Sunday the NFL set records for extra points missed (12) and FGs (also 12). Head coach jobs are on the line with many of these misses. Last night the Colts could have won but their kicker missed a 47 yarder with no time left. In the meantime, Sanders, a very accurate kicker, has made 8 of 8 XPs and 5 of 6 FGs, three of them from over 46 yards (48, 46, 50). He’s a valuable resource in the NFL given the failures of so many other kickers (in the Cinci/GB game there were a bunch of kicks missed, including multiple winning attempts that failed). And he’s being wasted here, a team that doesn’t score enough and trails by too many points to be attempting FGs late. And things ain’t looking any better.

He should fetch at least three no 1 picks. Well, OK, not that many but a good haul. The trade deadline is approaching and this team will need draft picks for the next front office to start correcting things.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He also contributed greatly to the loss against the Raiders with his one miss. I bet you coukd get a conditional 7th round pick for Grier to use on our next starting running back. He does not like using any higher round pick for a back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

....was that the 48 yd miss at the end of the 2nd qtr? There was a whole 2nd half to play.

He’s an asset, given the kicker situation in the league. Get value for him....who needs him in a clean white uni at the end of the game?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:50 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
He also contributed greatly to the loss against the Raiders with his one miss. I bet you coukd get a conditional 7th round pick for Grier to use on our next starting running back. He does not like using any higher round pick for a back.

There we go. Kudos for Carreramia for a legit discussion, so Phinish has to bring it back around to attack Grier and highjack the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:56 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
....was that the 48 yd miss at the end of the 2nd qtr? There was a whole 2nd half to play.

He’s an asset, given the kicker situation in the league. Get value for him....who needs him in a clean white uni at the end of the game?

No one cares about the kicker until the end of the game, then no one wants to be the kicker. Offer Sanders a reasonable deal, but I do not see many kickers being worth over paying for. Even Justin Tucker misses critical FGs at times.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:01 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:

There we go. Kudos for Carreramia for a legit discussion, so Phinish has to bring it back around to attack Grier and highjack the topic.

:))

Anyways, I think some fans forget that the Dolphins absolutely tanked two years ago, so, you cannot fill all the missing pieces in just two drafts. That being said, the Dolphins should have addressed the RB position to help Tua, but Grier gave his defensive minded coach the young pass rusher that he's been desperate for since he got here, and he grabbed a playmaking safety whom they thought was the best safety in this draft early in the 2nd round. They also had to grab a RT, so, they reached on Eich who played only on the left side in college. It is what it is, and I promise you that if they are both here next year (I think they will be), you'll finally get your RB drafted early.

BTW, don't forget that Ross gave Flores a 5 year contract instead of a 4 year contract because he knew that it would be a long road back from the Tank for Tua. I hated to say that because a couple people here have already fired Grier and Flores and I don't think it will happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:12 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
carreramia wrote:

No one cares about the kicker until the end of the game, then no one wants to be the kicker. Offer Sanders a reasonable deal, but I do not see many kickers being worth over paying for. Even Justin Tucker misses critical FGs at times.

I don't want to pay him, I want to trade him! .....teams draft college kickers in the middle rounds sometimes, you mean to tell me a proven veteran with leg to kick the long ones wouldn't get some interest? I bet the Colts Head Coach wished he had someone else, he would have won the game...I felt bad as the camera showed the dejected Colts players on the sidelines. After busting their butts for 4 qtrs their silly little kicker that wears glasses misses the win. The ultimate downer!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:18 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:

:))

Anyways, I think some fans forget that the Dolphins absolutely tanked two years ago, so, you cannot fill all the missing pieces in just two drafts. That being said, the Dolphins should have addressed the RB position to help Tua, but Grier gave his defensive minded coach the young pass rusher that he's been desperate for since he got here, and he grabbed a playmaking safety whom they thought was the best safety in this draft early in the 2nd round. They also had to grab a RT, so, they reached on Eich who played only on the left side in college. It is what it is, and I promise you that if they are both here next year (I think they will be), you'll finally get your RB drafted early.

BTW, don't forget that Ross gave Flores a 5 year contract instead of a 4 year contract because he knew that it would be a long road back from the Tank for Tua. I hated to say that because a couple people here have already fired Grier and Flores and I don't think it will happen.

When has a contract with remaining years stopped an owner of doing the right thing? They pay him off and move on, and if the guy gets another job they deduct what he's earning with the new team. These two guys are as fireable as a coach on his contract's last year. It's been too long, too many moves none of which have panned out, lots of money thrown to one and done's....the criticism all over the place, the questions....etc. Oh, and Ross may surely keep them as you suggest, but only because it would be a bad look if he didn't.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:

I don't want to pay him, I want to trade him! .....teams draft college kickers in the middle rounds sometimes, you mean to tell me a proven veteran with leg to kick the long ones wouldn't get some interest?

Trade a kicker? Not that I follow kicker trades, but what has done that?

After using the Google. Over the last 7 yrs there have been seven kickers traded. Zero in season trades.

carreramia wrote:
I bet the Colts Head Coach wished he had someone else, he would have won the game...I felt bad as the camera showed the dejected Colts players on the sidelines. After busting their butts for 4 qtrs their silly little kicker that wears glasses misses the win. The ultimate downer!

Blankenship is a solid kicker. Can't blame the kicker for a block where the OL pulled up their skirts and showed everyone their goodies. Its not like he was the Houston punter that punted it into his lineman. I also blame Reich for that. Moving the ball down the field, then lets just lay up and kick a FG. You play until you have to kick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:43 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
carreramia wrote:

I don't want to pay him, I want to trade him! .....teams draft college kickers in the middle rounds sometimes, you mean to tell me a proven veteran with leg to kick the long ones wouldn't get some interest?

Trade a kicker? Not that I follow kicker trades, but what has done that?

After using the Google. Over the last 7 yrs there have been seven kickers traded. Zero in season trades.

carreramia wrote:
I bet the Colts Head Coach wished he had someone else, he would have won the game...I felt bad as the camera showed the dejected Colts players on the sidelines. After busting their butts for 4 qtrs their silly little kicker that wears glasses misses the win. The ultimate downer!

Blankenship is a solid kicker. Can't blame the kicker for a block where the OL pulled up their skirts and showed everyone their goodies. Its not like he was the Houston punter that punted it into his lineman. I also blame Reich for that. Moving the ball down the field, then lets just lay up and kick a FG. You play until you have to kick.

We would kill to have Reich here. Of course we'd have to get him a QB, but he can help make sure this time they get the RIGHT one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
We would kill to have Reich here. Of course we'd have to get him a QB, but he can help make sure this time they get the RIGHT one.

Of course we would want him. He coaches another team, that we pay little attention to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:42 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
carreramia wrote:

Of course we would want him. He coaches another team, that we pay little attention to.

"We"? That explains your senseless takes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:05 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
"We"? That explains your senseless takes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:30 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
He should fetch at least three no 1 picks. Well, OK, not that many but a good haul. The trade deadline is approaching and this team will need draft picks for the next front office to start correcting things.

I've read this and I've tried to just ignore it, but dang, the next time you criticize Grier you need to read this post that you started.

:saywhat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:49 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
carreramia wrote:

I've read this and I've tried to just ignore it, but dang, the next time you criticize Grier you need to read this post that you started.

Like Aaron Rodgers tells his fans, R-E-L-A-X.....this was all in fun. Although I realize that three no. 1s for a kicker might have been too low a price.

Regarding punching bag Grier? You’ll be glad to know that to the franchise’s detriment Grier will be around for us to kick around for much longer than the few sane fans left would like anyway....

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]