All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

OK, they're getting closer to getting their heads out of their butts here. This time, move Robert Hunt to RT, and put Jesse Davis at RG or LG. Davis is NOT a starting RT. If you do that to Tua next week, we will continue the streak of scoring less than 20 points.

Jordan McPherson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Another week, another shift on the offensive line. The Dolphins used their fifth different starting offensive line combination in as many games to start the season. The starting group this week: Liam Eichenberg at left tackle, Austin Jackson at left guard, Greg Mancz at center, Robert Hunt at right guard and Jesse Davis at right tackle. “We felt like that was the best move,” Flores said.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PFF wrote:
While Brissett had an above-average outing, he really wasn’t helped out much by a poor performance from the Miami offensive line. Out of 47 pass-protection snaps, the starting five allowed 14 pressures.

Still, the best performing lineman was Robert Hunt, who graded at 64.4 overall upon first review. The guard graded negatively on only two pass-blocking snaps all game.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-gam ... olphins-17

See what I mean about Davis? Putting him back at RT after what he showed earlier in the season is the definition of "insanity".

BTW, it wasn't all roses as Eich gets pushed back here to allow the strip/fumble. He's a rookie though, but probably our best option at LT.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It looks like the Dolphins will be sticking with Eich at LT and A-Jack at LG. I would almost like to see Davis move to LG, but Jackson is learning a new position and you want them to develop chemistry. I think the problem is Davis at RT ... especially with it being Tua's blindside. Tua missed 4 games because of Davis.

Mike Masala (DolphinsWire/USA Today wrote:
“Yeah, I see this as potentially long-term,” Flores said. “I think Liam [Eichenberg] at left and Austin [Jackson] inside at guard, I think that’s something that we’ll probably stay with for the foreseeable future.”

Consistency is sometimes the most important piece on the offensive line. Having different guys move in and out while playing poorly only makes things worse.

Flores went on to talk about how the group had a good week of practice, and that they’re looking to build on that each week. The idea of “building” has been discussed often this season, so fans are probably sick of it by now, but this group actually didn’t look as bad as they could have on Sunday.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... -term-fix/

Finally. Making a move that should have been an obvious one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:39 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What is Kindley’s status? I would have Davis swap with Hunt and replace Jackson with anyone….Kindley if available….perhaps Reiter? … we have others

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:17 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Moving these guys around does not address their discipline, leadership, or coaching shortfalls unfortunately. We need someone to coach our coaches on how to coach the players on a day to day basis.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

On the strip sack, Brissett held the ball for over 4 seconds. Eichenberg didn't win the match up but it wasn't a turnstile performance.

That second one was...yeesh.

I'm glad Eichenberg can now develop at left tackle, until of course they draft someone to replace him because why would they stick with what works? Just like moving Hunt to guard when he was fine at tackle.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:15 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Big Dave wrote:
It looks like the Dolphins will be sticking with Eich at LT and A-Jack at LG. I would almost like to see Davis move to LG, but Jackson is learning a new position and you want them to develop chemistry. I think the problem is Davis at RT ... especially with it being Tua's blindside. Tua missed 4 games because of Davis.

Upon further review, Austin Jackson may get the hook if there isn't any kind of improvement this week. I do not like to judge a player's heart, but where the heck is his mind on these plays.

I mean, look at what Austin Jackson is doing here. Nothing. I'm going to mail this in as a first round BUST at any position.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jackson is flat awful. Please bench him. He is laughably bad. Looks lost on that one play, but I remember the week before when on a pass play he ran downfield 10 yards to block a linebacker…stupid…..and it cost the team a big gain. I see him as a bust already and Igby is right there as well. Grier totally whiffed on 3 first round picks,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:08 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
Jackson is flat awful. Please bench him. He is laughably bad. Looks lost on that one play, but I remember the week before when on a pass play he ran downfield 10 yards to block a linebacker…stupid…..and it cost the team a big gain. I see him as a bust already and Igby is right there as well. Grier totally whiffed on 3 first round picks,

Would you consider Trevor Lawrence a bust?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Would you consider Trevor Lawrence a bust?

Well…for him to be as bad as Jackson, he would have to be running backwards all the time and sailing passes into the stands on every play. Jackson is very, very bad and he is literally killing the team. He needs to find the bench soon. Maybe 3 years or so from now he can play…but yeah….that is a bust for a 1st round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
We need someone to coach our coaches on how to coach the players on a day to day basis.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:06 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

That sentence was purposely written as redundant to illustrate how the shortfall is the very basics. The shortfall of the team is not the complicated maneuvers and shifting of players. Miami can't even do the basics. Sorry that was not clear enough. Our coaching is so bad that our coaches need coaches before we allow a single player to be shifted.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]